Random conversations about Games
-
Rehncohro
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 623
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:20 am
- Custom Title: What's a Court Records?
- Location: Probably Earth
- Contact:
-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: Random conversations about Games
Okay so yesterday I actually forgot if I played Skyrin yesterday than I remember I did. Like I had a huge brain fart...... couldn't think. I barely started the Main Story of Skyrim been too focused in Dawnguard that I was stupid enough to Legendary Archery. (Before I updated Skyrim to Legendary I abused Oghma Infinitum book glitch so 100 in all skills) thank god for the restoration loop that I can exploit to my advantage against this issue of not one shotting enemies.
- GroundPancakes
- Suspect

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 am
- Custom Title: Just trying to get by.
- Location: In a cardboard box probably.
Re: Random conversations about Games
I've been going through the KH series on Critical mode. So far, the Data Org fights are kicking my ass.
-
Southern Corn
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4741
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
- Custom Title: Happy Maria
Re: Random conversations about Games
Anybody heard about that new Spongebob remake? Haven't played it but it looks nice.
-
Rehncohro
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 623
- Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:20 am
- Custom Title: What's a Court Records?
- Location: Probably Earth
- Contact:
Re: Random conversations about Games
I hear it's one of the best video games based on a TV show like ever. I've only played a bit one time at the dentist I used to go to but that's it.Southern Corn wrote:Anybody heard about that new Spongebob remake? Haven't played it but it looks nice.
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: Random conversations about Games
Nintendo kind of goofed with their "one island per console" design for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. My sister bought a copy of the game, and I wanted to play, too, but the "one island per console" mechanic means we'd have to share the island with my sister being in control of the island's development. While that does mean I can take advantages of services they've already unlocked, it also means I'm severely limited in what I can do as far as developing the island is concerned. While they're okay with me building a house on the island, we've already hit a snag in the form of what the flag will look like. I've suggested splitting it through marshalling, but the design I'd like to use is hard to make out if the image is too small. I'm still experimenting in Paint to see if I can find a different way to make the design work with what my sister wants, such as by superimposing their preferred image on my own in an inescutcheon, but I'm not optimistic at the moment. It's a minor thing, but it still frustrates me. Another option I've considered is us having two flags and having whoever is playing at the time get to choose the flag, though I have yet to run that by them.

I'll always love you, Max.
-
Winston Payne
- Suspect

- Posts: 11
- Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:20 am
- Custom Title: Rookie Killer
Re: Random conversations about Games
I agree, a better idea could've been one island per account and one multiplayer island per console.General Luigi wrote:Nintendo kind of goofed with their "one island per console" design for Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: Random conversations about Games
After seeing yet another piece of Three Houses/Persona 5 crossover fanart (this one, to be specific), I got the urge to see if I could sort the Phantom Thieves into Three Houses classes. To avoid spoilers, I'll use code names. My criteria were as follows: no two Thieves may be the same class, I must account for each Thief's stats, I must account for each Thief's weapon of choice, and I must account for each Thief's Persona's abilities. With one exception, they must all be Advanced-level classes, too. I also omitted Joker since his stats change depending on which Persona he has equipped (maybe he's just the professor?). Stats were a bit complicated, since Persona 5 stats don't translate perfectly into Three Houses stats. Anyway, I've put what I came up with in the spoiler tag below:
Spoiler: Phantom Thieves House

I'll always love you, Max.
-
tiger_festival
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
- Custom Title: I've felt worse.
- Location: I'm at soup.
Re: Random conversations about Games
So I just finished replaying the entire Kingdom Hearts series (sans the mobile games) over the past couple months.
KH1 has the best atmosphere out of all of them. Before it was about complex plotlines it was just about a kid on a journey to find his friends.
Re:CoM is weird. It made sense as a GBA game, but remaking it just makes it look like a downgraded version of 1 with an admittedly unique yet needlessly cumbersome battle system.
Days still has my favorite story in the seriesHelps that Xion's character accidentally works as an allegory for a trans girl., but the cutscene collection doesn't really do it justice. The remade cutscenes are great but it misses out on a ton of the smaller moments (the stick, Sora's memories on the bottom screen)
II... as much praise as this game gets for its battle system, that only really applies after the first half. I'm not complaining about the Roxas prologue, I'm complaining about how early game Sora feels so stiff to play as compared to the later games' beginnings.
BBS's main story is still good. The whole three interconnecting routes was a neat idea. And then there's the secret episode behind the final episode. I played on normal and one of the requirements to unlock it was killing 9999 enemies. It took me 10 extra hours to do that. So by the time I got there, I was already overleveled for anything there.
Re:Coded was the first KH game I ever played and it worked as an introduction to just how strange this series can get. But going back to it, there's really not much there that mattered in the long run outside of the last few cutscenes.
DDD is still fun though I can see the complaints about the bosses having inconsistent stagger.
III I replayed on critical mode, and honestly I don't see the appeal (to critical mode, III is still good.)
So yeah, this series is fuckin weird, and I enjoy the hell out of it.
KH1 has the best atmosphere out of all of them. Before it was about complex plotlines it was just about a kid on a journey to find his friends.
Re:CoM is weird. It made sense as a GBA game, but remaking it just makes it look like a downgraded version of 1 with an admittedly unique yet needlessly cumbersome battle system.
Days still has my favorite story in the series
II... as much praise as this game gets for its battle system, that only really applies after the first half. I'm not complaining about the Roxas prologue, I'm complaining about how early game Sora feels so stiff to play as compared to the later games' beginnings.
BBS's main story is still good. The whole three interconnecting routes was a neat idea. And then there's the secret episode behind the final episode. I played on normal and one of the requirements to unlock it was killing 9999 enemies. It took me 10 extra hours to do that. So by the time I got there, I was already overleveled for anything there.
Re:Coded was the first KH game I ever played and it worked as an introduction to just how strange this series can get. But going back to it, there's really not much there that mattered in the long run outside of the last few cutscenes.
DDD is still fun though I can see the complaints about the bosses having inconsistent stagger.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Random conversations about Games
Hells yeah Tiger! That's a helluva undertaking considering how many games there are.
I started on COM on GBA and loved it (after a few difficult fights). I think I've just grown to love the absurdity of KH's plotline now. I embrace the wacky.
I started working on Union X a whole back but honestly think I'll just settle for videos. Got no patience for boring gacha.
I started on COM on GBA and loved it (after a few difficult fights). I think I've just grown to love the absurdity of KH's plotline now. I embrace the wacky.
I started working on Union X a whole back but honestly think I'll just settle for videos. Got no patience for boring gacha.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

