Unintentional GS connections in real life.

For all chat related to Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban. Please use the spoiler tag!
Post Reply
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

Last year in one of my classes there was a boy named "Justice". Yes, that's his FIRST name.
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Babtest
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Babtest »

I hope i wasn´t the only one who fell out of the chair while playing zOmg :
Image

EDIT: Okay,i just realised that this isn´t really "real life" at all but its still awsome :gant:
Kairaita
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:42 am
Custom Title: WHATISIT?!

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Kairaita »

Oh yeah, one of the songs we're playing in the school string orchestra is called "Apollo Suite".

Apollo has a whole song dedicated to him. XD
~My FF.net account~
I write like there's no tomorrow!
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »

You know i just thought of something.
Apolo has the highest honor of a real life connection ever:

The Apolo space and moon landing expeditions :odoroki:
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

Johnny Rotan wrote:You know i just thought of something.
Apolo has the highest honor of a real life connection ever:

The Apolo space and moon landing expeditions :odoroki:


That's what happens when you're named after a famous Greek god. :godot:
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Riu
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:19 pm
Custom Title: Guess who's druuuuunk~!
Location: Watching iCarly, 'cause y'know that's where it's at!

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Riu »

fatalfeline wrote:
Johnny Rotan wrote:You know i just thought of something.
Apolo has the highest honor of a real life connection ever:

The Apolo space and moon landing expeditions :odoroki:


That's what happens when you're named after a famous Greek god. :godot:

As a plot twist for the next game he should have a twin named 'Artemis'. She could be the main prosecutor.
Kairaita
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:42 am
Custom Title: WHATISIT?!

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Kairaita »

Yes, that would be very awesome.

Although it's already been done with Iris and Dahlia.

And I think it's already canon that Apollo was a "only" child.
~My FF.net account~
I write like there's no tomorrow!
Kebbers
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:00 am
Custom Title: That guy, ya know?
Location: AMERIKA
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Kebbers »

Oh man. Dude. Fangirl. Whatever. There was this guy who used to go to my school. His name?

Nick.

Wright.

Unfortunately, he always had his head shaved.
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

Kebbers wrote:Oh man. Dude. Fangirl. Whatever. There was this guy who used to go to my school. His name?

Nick.

Wright.

Unfortunately, he always had his head shaved.

HOLY SHIT
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Orcaizer Al
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1559
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:24 am
Custom Title: Built For The Kill
Location: Massachussetts

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Orcaizer Al »

Mia Road in Utah
Edgeworth Nursing Review Centre
Edgeworth Academy
Miego Inc. in Toronto, Canada
Fey Law Office in California

Wish I could add this rad restaurant called "Zuko's", but it ain't Ace Attorney. XP
Image
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.
Misheru Rii
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 2:18 am
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Misheru Rii »

Okayyy let's see what I found.

1. I saw this brand of milk in a supermarket called Pearl.
2. A small black ashtray sold at a shop over here has a name- Apollo.
3. Not really a connection, but when I was watching this one-man show with my mom and in the theatre next to ours, there was a showing of Waiting for Godot. I was so excited when I saw it, OTL.
4. There's a ballet and jazz dance class called Shelley de Mozz. I just thought of Shelley de Killer when I saw it.
5. I found an Edgeworth Shopping Centre while researching for my project, lol.
6. Hong Kong MAYA Technology Limited, haha. MAYA is an embroidery machine!

LOL OKAY I JUST FOUND THIS.
7. Gant has signed contracts with Li & Fung Retail subsidiary, Branded Lifestyle, to launch Gant in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Thailand for spring/summer 2007.
DramaticaXIV2
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3781
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm
Custom Title: Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan
Location: Engl- Ooh, over 3000 posts. (England)

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by DramaticaXIV2 »

fatalfeline wrote:
Johnny Rotan wrote:You know i just thought of something.
Apolo has the highest honor of a real life connection ever:

The Apolo space and moon landing expeditions :odoroki:


That's what happens when you're named after a famous Greek god. :godot:


And that's the ultimate connection. No, it's not backwards. No way.
Image
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »

Here's one. There's a Hawthorne, MO. In may 2000 the're was a big transformer explosion at the power plant there. And in 1990 someone was killed at the power plant also :chinami:

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/su ... 233095_ITM
way-too-obsessed
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:16 pm
Custom Title: Stranger than you dreamt it...
Location: Here

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by way-too-obsessed »

OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS!!!

I was driving down the road the other day and I passed a truck. It wasn't just any truck, though. It said...

Apollo Logistics

The logo on the truck was even PASSIONATE HEART BURNING RED EPIC. It faded from yellow at the top through orange to red at the bottom. I would post a picture of it, but I didn't have my camera with me, not to mention there being like FIFTY SHMILLION logistics companies called "Apollo" so I couldn't find the logo on the internet. :sadshoe:

I anybody knows what I'm talking about and has a picture, it would bring me much happiness if you could post it. :keiko:

Apollo's namesake provides so many awesome AJ connections. :redd:
Image
ALL HAIL VICKI AND HER AMAZING GRAPHICS
theatrejunkie wrote:Dare to resist drugs, violence, conformity, and Gavincest
Mina-Chan
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 am
Custom Title: ~~
Location: At my computer
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Mina-Chan »

There's a GS supermarket in my country...
Image
♥Twatanorm♥
Signature by blinq
Fraulein
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:33 pm
Custom Title: I like a man with a big... vocabulary.
Location: USA

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Fraulein »

I had a substitute teacher named Ms. von Ramsden, she had short hair and talked about perfection. :sadshoe:

She scared me a bit...
Image
Many thanks to Vickinator for the avatar!
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

Apollo (the god) is also considered to be the ideal of manly beauty. :odoroki:

He was also bisexual. :garyuu:

Greek mythology is fun! :D
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Riu
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:19 pm
Custom Title: Guess who's druuuuunk~!
Location: Watching iCarly, 'cause y'know that's where it's at!

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Riu »

fatalfeline wrote:Apollo (the god) is also considered to be the ideal of manly beauty. :odoroki:

He was also bisexual. :garyuu:

Greek mythology is fun! :D

Bi, huh? :hotti: :hotti:
Max300frk
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 717
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:50 am
Custom Title: Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet
Location: You don't want to know...
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Max300frk »

There is a new student in my class whose last name is "Edgeworth"


EDIT: Also, why does Dahlia Hawthorne remind me of the band Hawthorne Heights?
ImageImage
Repede wrote:Yes, I'm a dog that smokes a pipe and owns an Xbox Live account... So what?
way-too-obsessed
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:16 pm
Custom Title: Stranger than you dreamt it...
Location: Here

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by way-too-obsessed »

fatalfeline wrote:Apollo (the god) is also considered to be the ideal of manly beauty. :odoroki:

He was also bisexual. :garyuu:

Greek mythology is fun! :D

:odoroki: Yes it is... (I actually have a picture of a statue of Apollo [the god] that I took for the sole purpose of putting the "OBJECTION!" sprite thing in the empty space I purposefully left at the top of the picture. :redd: I need to actually finish that some time)
Image
ALL HAIL VICKI AND HER AMAZING GRAPHICS
theatrejunkie wrote:Dare to resist drugs, violence, conformity, and Gavincest
Perrydotto
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2431
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:09 pm
Custom Title: What do you see behind the mask?
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Perrydotto »

Unfortunately, I don't really have something to contribute. Stuff with names is hard here in Germany since most of the characters' names aren't German - But yeah, Manfred is a common male name some decades before so many old folks are called Manfred. :karma:
Franziska is also a common name, even today.

What comes to mind is that my boyfriend's bigger brother is a huge coffee addict and has the same attitude as Godot - He is a bit overestimating himself, collected and loves to tease people with comments and his way to argue in discussions. He also has a small beard. :godot:
I can't stop wanting to buy him the Godot mug as a present, but he wouldn't get the joke. What a pity.

And how could you forget the Wright brothers?
TheBaronAndEma
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1403
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 am
Custom Title: 世界中
Location: 秘密
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by TheBaronAndEma »

This morning, I saw a desk that had "Ronnie, I love you" on it. I never knew Dessie went to my school.
I remember seeing a singer called Franziska.
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

Image

No, the Apollo jokes never DO end.
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
MaimJay
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by MaimJay »

Lord Nathaniel wrote:Hmmmmm, Well, I know of one~

My mum was travelling through South Australia, and went through a town called Glenelg~ :takao: ^_^


My friend has a picture of part of that town in her bathroom :D I'd take a picture but now that's just awkward LOL

I don't have many connections but I do know someone named Maya but she's nothing like Maya Fey, and when we were studying the Arthur legend and my teacher was talking about Morgan Le Fey I was like 'omgMORGANFEYMORGANFEYAGGHYES' xD Also one of my friends wants to name her child Iris (if she has a girl when shes older) and I laughed and she had no idea why I was laughing. I felt lame :redd:

ANOTHER ONE: I just remembered when I went to visit my aunt when we were in the shopping area there was Pearl's Bakery I wanted to take a picture so bad but I had no camera. Next time I'm going I'm so taking a picture :D

AGAIN: sorry but I was going through my mom's photos on her phone and I found this that I took awhile ago
Spoiler: This is supposed to go above your toilet o.o
Image
Last edited by MaimJay on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

I just saw a poster for a missing child and his name is Phoenix. ;_;
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
MaimJay
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by MaimJay »

fatalfeline wrote:I just saw a poster for a missing child and his name is Phoenix. ;_;


Awww D; poor Feenie!
Image
Babtest
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Babtest »

spoiler for saving spacew
Spoiler:
Image


I´m still unsure wether to drink it or not :yuusaku:
Last edited by Babtest on Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DramaticaXIV2
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3781
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm
Custom Title: Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan
Location: Engl- Ooh, over 3000 posts. (England)

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by DramaticaXIV2 »

fatalfeline wrote:I just saw a poster for a missing child and his name is Phoenix. ;_;


What the hell? People are named that? :lana:
Image
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT
Iban
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:32 pm
Custom Title: Got his Psychology degree in Borginia
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Iban »

I just experienced the shock of a lifetime :meekins:

In my hometown, there's a restaurant called "Restaurant Apollo"... well, that's nice, but what really makes it awesome is that there is Café Phoenix right next to it! :edgy:

What are the odds? :gant:
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
fatalfeline wrote:I just saw a poster for a missing child and his name is Phoenix. ;_;

What the hell? People are named that? :lana:

Yes, apparently. And it was his first name.

Iban wrote:I just experienced the shock of a lifetime :meekins:

In my hometown, there's a restaurant called "Restaurant Apollo"... well, that's nice, but what really makes it awesome is that there is Café Phoenix right next to it! :edgy:

What are the odds? :gant:

HOLY CRAP

Can I go there? ;_;
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
Lunaria42
Donor
Donor
Posts: 5333
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm
Custom Title: Moving on up!
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Lunaria42 »

Iban wrote:I just experienced the shock of a lifetime :meekins:

In my hometown, there's a restaurant called "Restaurant Apollo"... well, that's nice, but what really makes it awesome is that there is Café Phoenix right next to it! :edgy:

What are the odds? :gant:


That is just hilarious. You should take a picture and post it here.
Image
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009
Iban
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:32 pm
Custom Title: Got his Psychology degree in Borginia
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Iban »

I will, I will, I'm going to do that as soon as I have time off school :hobohodo:
SNK
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1341
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:56 pm
Custom Title: SonNeoKaku
Location: Sweden (unfortunately)
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by SNK »

My friend once told me he had a friend called Jonathan Wright. People called him Apollo.

I also had a male friend who called himself Trucy. Have no idea why, though.

Lastly, another friend of mine, Basil, once told me his first girlfriend ever was called Elisabeth, but eveyone called her Lisa. Close enough for me :keiko:
La Diable
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: eight bit goddess
Location: Canadia
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by La Diable »

fatalfeline wrote:
DramaticaXIV2 wrote:
fatalfeline wrote:I just saw a poster for a missing child and his name is Phoenix. ;_;

What the hell? People are named that? :lana:

Yes, apparently. And it was his first name.


If this is the same missing child case I saw on the news, it's a girl.
If it isn't, there are at least two missing Phoenixes out there. O_o
joeonamission
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:11 pm
Custom Title: Mission Accomplished

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by joeonamission »

When I was in high school I remember our basketball teams had to play a school who had a talented player on their girls team I only know her name because they announced the starters for both teams. Her name was Psyche.
Johnny Rotan
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3394
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am
Custom Title: You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor
Location: Somewhere you're not

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Johnny Rotan »

La Diable wrote:
If this is the same missing child case I saw on the news, it's a girl.
If it isn't, there are at least two missing Phoenixes out there. O_o


If that's the case, oh hell :nick-sweat:

I think you know what i'm thinking of :chinami:
fatalfeline
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2038
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:53 pm
Location: Rasu Begasu
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by fatalfeline »

La Diable wrote:If this is the same missing child case I saw on the news, it's a girl.
If it isn't, there are at least two missing Phoenixes out there. O_o


It was definitely an 8-year-old boy.
Image
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over
MaimJay
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:07 am

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by MaimJay »

fatalfeline wrote:
La Diable wrote:If this is the same missing child case I saw on the news, it's a girl.
If it isn't, there are at least two missing Phoenixes out there. O_o


It was definitely an 8-year-old boy.


Wait, there was a girl name Phoenix? o.o
Image
Rayman0616
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:56 pm
Custom Title: uh oh
Location: Ontario :)

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Rayman0616 »

MaimJay wrote:
fatalfeline wrote:
La Diable wrote:If this is the same missing child case I saw on the news, it's a girl.
If it isn't, there are at least two missing Phoenixes out there. O_o


It was definitely an 8-year-old boy.


Wait, there was a girl name Phoenix? o.o


Phoenix can be a girl's name too.
My friend even babysits a girl named phoenix :/
Image Image
flying_staplers
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:38 pm
Custom Title: *obligatory jazz hands*
Location: Texas, where everyone gets shot for everything.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by flying_staplers »

There's a girl who's an anchor on my school's broadcast named Melissa Foster. When she said her name, I was like
Spoiler: dunno if this is a spoiler, so to be safe...
o_0 "OMFGITSDAHLIARUN!!!"
Needless to say, everyone in my class looked at me weird. :will:



Also, I learned that there's an Edgeworth, Pennsylvania.

I had another one, but I forgot. :sadshoe: Whoops!
Image
Click my sig to visit the Apollo Appreciation thread!
Post Reply