Unintentional GS connections in real life.

For all chat related to Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban. Please use the spoiler tag!
Post Reply
Student678
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am
Custom Title: Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.
Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Student678 »

A disastrous fire occurred at Apollo Kitchens in Smithfield, Sydney some days ago. :apollo:
Part of the place was destroyed.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Nurio
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Custom Title: A Kirby and AA fan
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Nurio »

I wonder at what point we have to stop listing all the Apollo things. It's a very common name among businesses, and listing them all, we can fill several pages with the exact same thing over and over again...
Image
Student678
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am
Custom Title: Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.
Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Student678 »

Nurio wrote:I wonder at what point we have to stop listing all the Apollo things. It's a very common name among businesses, and listing them all, we can fill several pages with the exact same thing over and over again...
And all because Capcom decided to name one of their lawyers after a Greek god...

Apollo Justice: Wait... what's this about me being a god? I'm JUST A LAWYER!!!
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

Anyone named after an entity of mythology will be pretty much everywhere. I always see Phoenix on my TV not because I link it to my computer open to Youtube videos but because there's a well known Chinese channel called Phoenix TV.

I figure we can cut down on the references to Apollo and Phoenix unless there's a startling coincidence... but imo, nothing in this thread trumps the pointed-finger-shaped cloud that flew over Japan back in 2013, a few months before GS5 released.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Southern Corn »

I also hope no Khura'inese puns come here.

'hey omg guys I sang what's so strange bout piece lov an undistandin that makes a reference to peeslubn andostand'''''hhhhhhhh'in amirite :edgey: '

A mild exaggeration,but still,you get the point.
Image
Image
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Going for Miles »

Although
Spoiler: 6-5
I'd say a disastrous fire and Apollo is still a bit more of a GS connection than the usual "look, a place/company called Apollo".
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Going for Miles »

Contestants of RuPaul's drag race include: Phoenix, Pearl, Morgan McMichaels, Venus D-Lite, Mimi Imfurst, Raja(h), Jinkx(ie), Penny Tration, April Carrión, Ben DeLaCreme, Max, Acid Betty, and if the GK2 translation counts, Courtney Act.
(Also, AA and the dragqueen culture are about neck-and-neck when it comes to the sheer amount of punny names)
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Southern Corn »

I mean,to be fair,AA names can be pretty common,so...
Image
Image
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Going for Miles »

I am aware of that. But they did pop up often enough to remind me of AA.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Southern Corn »

Sheesh,'Penny Tration'? I've seen Khura'inese names more subtle than that!

...okay,that was a lie. But come on! Penny Tration?! :tigre:
Image
Image
FenrirDarkWolf
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am
Custom Title: Otter

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

I'm watching a Japanese crime drama, and the protag is basically Athena with Simon's personality.
View my Sprite thread!
Image
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Southern Corn »

Explain,in more detail please. I'm intrigued,
Image
Image
FenrirDarkWolf
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am
Custom Title: Otter

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

View my Sprite thread!
Image
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

Have been eating some Powers sunflower seeds without realizing a connection until now. Will always reminded me of a sunflower more than a lion. :will:
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
FenrirDarkWolf
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 805
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:28 am
Custom Title: Otter

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Not a connection, but a somewhat inference about real life.
Trump is the president during JFA and T&T weow
View my Sprite thread!
Image
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Student678
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am
Custom Title: Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.
Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Student678 »

My hair is sometimes uncontrollable. When it doesn't remind me of Severus Snape it reminds me of bandaged Apollo Justice, except without those spikes.






Who said that? You can turn straight to Page 394!!!
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

FenrirDarkWolf wrote:Not a connection, but a somewhat inference about real life.
Trump is the president during JFA and T&T weow
That would be assuming they share the universe as we do. If Japanifornia could manage to avoid the Yellow Terror of the late 1800s, they may have taken a different turn in history...
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by WaitingforGodot »

"Leslie Stainton, who is on a Fulbright grant in Spain, is working on a biography of Federico García Lorca."
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Going for Miles »

A passage on utilitiarism in my course literature made me think about 2-4: "In a similar vein, an innocent could be found guilty in order to defuse a riotous situation when his condemnation would appear to facilitate a return to peace and order".
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Apollo4Justice
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm
Custom Title: I'm fine and ready for justice!
Location: Florida

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Apollo4Justice »

I don't know if this has been said before or if I've said it before but
Spoiler: SoJ Case 5
our new President and Paul Atishon have shared a timeline of events, when you look at it closely.
Due to the recent rule in place, I can't go into much detail about it, Feel free to PM me if you want me to explain, though.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Going for Miles »

Image
Seeing this picture of a Swedish political blogger made me think that perhaps this is what Klavi's hairstyle would look like in real life.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
luck
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by luck »

The other day I was watching a TV show and one of the characters was running for mayor. He had a political tune that really reminded me of Atishon's theme.
Apollo4Justice
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm
Custom Title: I'm fine and ready for justice!
Location: Florida

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Apollo4Justice »

luck wrote:The other day I was watching a TV show and one of the characters was running for mayor. He had a political tune that really reminded me of Atishon's theme.
What was the show, if you don't mind me asking? :ron:
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
luck
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by luck »

Apollo4Justice wrote:
luck wrote:The other day I was watching a TV show and one of the characters was running for mayor. He had a political tune that really reminded me of Atishon's theme.
What was the show, if you don't mind me asking? :ron:
It was a Spanish sitcom. I doubt you've heard about it. There's apparently an english wikipedia article about it if you're interested. Jeez, everithing is in wikipedia nowadays.
Detective Gustav
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 am
Custom Title: Ace Gamer
Location: Japanifornia
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Detective Gustav »

I found this vehicle registration plate when I went to the supermarket (I'm sorry for the size of the image). :maya:
Spoiler:
Image
Currently Playing: Case 5-5

Do you want to know where an instrument sample that was used in Ace Attorney music was sampled from? Check out my VGM Instrument Source Table!
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Southern Corn »

You didn't blur the .eu part.

But I think Fey is a common name.
Image
Image
Nurio
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Custom Title: A Kirby and AA fan
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Nurio »

Fey is a fairly common name, but I definitely never saw that on a license plate
Image
Student678
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am
Custom Title: Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.
Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Student678 »

Southern Corn wrote:You didn't blur the .eu part.

But I think Fey is a common name.
Having the combination F-E-Y must be quite a rare sight. I've seen lots of AJs and AAs on number plates. AJ obviously must be Apollo's English initials.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Nurio
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Custom Title: A Kirby and AA fan
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Nurio »

Student678 wrote:AJ obviously must be Apollo's English initials.
They... are his initials in English. What do you mean "must be"? :ron:
Image
Student678
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am
Custom Title: Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.
Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Student678 »

Nurio wrote:
Student678 wrote:AJ obviously must be Apollo's English initials.
They... are his initials in English. What do you mean "must be"? :ron:
It's called perspective. To some people, they may stand for different things.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Going for Miles »

Yes. Like Armstrong Jean. Or, in some languages, AJ is what you shout when you hurt yourself.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Southern Corn »

Alex Jones,Aaron James,

I guess you could say it could stand for Anything,Ja?

If you noticed what I did,give me a virtual high five.
Image
Image
Detective Gustav
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:44 am
Custom Title: Ace Gamer
Location: Japanifornia
Contact:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Detective Gustav »

Southern Corn wrote:You didn't blur the .eu part.
I know, but do you really have to blur that?
Currently Playing: Case 5-5

Do you want to know where an instrument sample that was used in Ace Attorney music was sampled from? Check out my VGM Instrument Source Table!
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Southern Corn »

Well,you never know...
Image
Image
Student678
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am
Custom Title: Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.
Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Student678 »

Also, I was referencing to the context of the initials. They could stand for many things, like "Agile Jackal," "Aardvark Jack" or "Archie James." Due to the context of this thread is has to be "Apollo Justice" in this case.
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by dimentiorules »

Someone on Twitter posted an image of a book titled "How to use Courtroom Drama to win cases", written by a man with the last name Wright. I'd post an image, but whenever I try, the preview won't show it, so I give up.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Southern Corn »

Oh,I've seen that before,actually! And it didn't even cross my mind!
Image
Image
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Going for Miles »

"The courtroom was filled with people who shouted that the author should be sentenced to death. The Human Rights Committee held that 'the failure of the trial court to control the hostile atmosphere and pressure created by the public in the courtroom, which made it impossible for defence counsel to properly cross-examine the witness and present his defence...violated the author's right to a fair trial'."
*cough*Khura'in and Labyrinthia*cough*
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Student678
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 am
Custom Title: Trainer Gold - Johto Champion.
Location: Travelling the Pokemon World

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Student678 »

Doesn't THIS bother you:
Spoiler: Large Images
ImageImage
THAT PERSON IS APOLLO JUSTICE IN DISGUISE!!!1!1!!!11!!!
To all the creepypastas, Romans, etc.
http://pa1.narvii.com/5806/85074bd75bdf ... 9d1_hq.gif
YOU JUST MESSED WITH THE WRONG PERSON!!!

Hydrophyl the Feraligatr is going to rearrange the Phantom's kneecaps! You never know, I used him, and only him - to defeat the entire E4 and all of Kanto's Gym leaders, believe it or not!

I've become a DeviantArt member! Link to my DeviantArt Here:
http://articuno32.deviantart.com/
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Post by Southern Corn »

Slick ponytail,Polly.
Image
Image
Post Reply