Spoiler: HD and LW
The music was nice, not a lot that really stood out to me except for Sharp blade which is frikkin' awesome.
I was a bit worried with the story because when a sequel to something decides to take an established main character and give them a backstory and/or make the story center around them and their past, it's quite easy to screw it up in my opinion. Here it worked well though and didn't seem unnecessarily tacked on, and the overall story was intriguing, and admittedly more polished and pulled together than HD's, although I found that to be a lot of HD's charm and what made it special. This one did have the human, almost sometimes mundane type of complexity that I associate with these games and Cing overall.
I didn't feel as connected to the characters as I did in HD, nor did I get as attached to the place, but it might be because HD focused a lot on the other characters stories while LW focused more on Hyde himself. Tony was such an expy of Louie but didn't have half his charm or depth. At least I wasn't stuck playing billiards with him for an eternity like with the hallway bowling in HD.
Spoiler: LW
And speaking of Hyde, I think I liked him much more this time around. He was still the blunt smartass from HD, but seemed to have softened up a little and it did him well. I didn't know he was so well-versed in coffee either, which earns my eternal love and respect. Eating and drinking at the café was always a nice change of pace. The secret files in the novel did a good job to further flesh him and his life out, too. Otherwise the novel was pretty bad, but in a pretty delightful way nonetheless. Getting a bit more to the ending and some epilogues was nice too.
All in all it was great. If I have to choose, I think I like HD a bit better because of its atmosphere, immersion and characters, but it really comes down to marginal preferences and they are both equally good as games, with Last Window having some improvements in the gameplay department especially.
(Also I'm glad Kyle kept his habit of going "Huh?" everytime something happens so we could say it in unision throughout this game too)


