Daryan Crescend: Ace Dick

All talk about Gyakuten Saiban 4, Odoroki, the Garyuus, etc, goes in here.
Post Reply
Ethed
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 am

Daryan Crescend: Ace Dick

Post by Ethed »

Image

Official Art @ CR - Spoilers tagged!
Character Profile @ CR

Another topic or ANOTHER TOPIC?

Serious police shark in international affairs, competent witness, utter rock guitarist from age 18 on and long-legged epitome of FUCK Yeah! Don't get on his nerves.

One of the most captivating characters of GS4, and generally overlooked. We must discuss, preferably with fanart. Please keep spoilers tagged!

Doylie-Mo wrote:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1EUVHXY3

10 megs of Daryan arts, 144 pictures, includes comics, one or two cosplay pictures, etc etc. Tiny tiny bit of slash, and when I say tiny, I mean tiny.
Last edited by Ethed on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Eco
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:28 pm
Custom Title: That lovable troll.

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Eco »

No, we aren't doing that again.
I remember when CR was cool and Croik was the only one in charge.

I also remember when we used to have respectable members. :(
Ethed
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 am

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Ethed »

I browsed the previous few pages and could not find a Daryan thread (and not one about his name or hair). Is there one?
Last edited by Ethed on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allan's Aokage
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 pm
Custom Title: Four is Death
Location: Wales. That little place next to England.

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Allan's Aokage »

Well, he does have a dick on his head...

Anyway, he's the only member of G-Strings (New Gavinner name *cough*) that isn't Klavier. So he's cool 8U
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Oh snap, you made this before I did.

Anyway, I bloody love Daryan. He's such a goddamn jerk, and I've always been a big fan of sharks, so that was a plus.
He's definitely one of my favourite characters.

He also has one of the best lines in the game;

:pencil: Tell him I said 'hi' and 'screw you'.
Ethed
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 am

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Ethed »

Doylie-Mo wrote:Oh snap, you made this before I did.


WE MUST DRAW DARYAN TOGETHER
COME ON PAINTCHAT LATER

(and click mai dA, latest submission)
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

OKAY DUCK YOU'RE ON~!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I can make a .rar of all the Japanese Daryan arts I've collected. There's over 100 odd pictures. >_>
Tinker
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 3685
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am
Custom Title: Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr
Location: Evil Dutchieland

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Tinker »

Can't you guys come up with more original titles ;_;
Image
tuntis
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:12 am

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by tuntis »

ok, this title fad is getting a bit old

I liked him more than I liked Klavier (what a horrible character)
Insert fangirl-ish signature here full of Photoshop glamour.
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Tinker wrote:Can't you guys come up with more original titles ;_;


Now they'll start making those 'so i herd u liek' threads.
Ben Credable (PI)
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:24 pm
Custom Title: The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*
Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Ben Credable (PI) »

Before I started play AJ, I've always thought Daryan would be nothing more than a big jerk....but when I played the case.....he act much differently thank I expected. He was still a jerk, but he was also professional, to my surprize. I soon came to admire him just as i do Klavier.

I found it quite sad when....

Spoiler: Major 4-3 spoilers
he turned out to be the killer.
Ethed
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 am

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Ethed »

Tinker wrote:Can't you guys come up with more original titles ;_;


Ethed wrote:Another topic or ANOTHER TOPIC?


so i herd u liek DERYAN

memes/fads get old before they reach the rest of the internet - jokes are for the moment, but I suppose if quoted in the right situation they can crack someone up.

Doylie-Mo wrote:OKAY DUCK YOU'RE ON~!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I can make a .rar of all the Japanese Daryan arts I've collected. There's over 100 odd pictures. >_>


Please :)
Rookie
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:56 pm
Custom Title: The New Guy

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Rookie »

Doylie-Mo wrote:OKAY DUCK YOU'RE ON~!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I can make a .rar of all the Japanese Daryan arts I've collected. There's over 100 odd pictures. >_>


People like drawing phallic hair that much, huh?
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Righto, uploaded to megaupload. If anyone wants me to upload it somewhere else too, just ask~

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1EUVHXY3

10 megs of Daryan arts, 144 pictures, includes comics, one or two cosplay pictures, etc etc. Tiny tiny bit of slash, and when I say tiny, I mean tiny. The slash that is in there is just for lulz. It's not organized at all, btw. =_=;

It's damn hard to find any proper pictures of Detective Crescend.
BDawgPHD
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:59 pm
Custom Title: The Professional

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by BDawgPHD »

I read the title and thought "both, he's a dickhead in all senses of the word, short of his head being an actual dick."

He's sort of a "hated, but not forgotten" character, like he could be good, but doesn't make a real good impression.
Image
Addikt
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2566
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:29 am
Custom Title: (ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Addikt »

I love Daryan. I know he was meant to be a pain in the ass, per say, but I loved his personality. I just hooked me. I would love to see some fanart of him :D

*officially joins club*
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

xfma_addictx wrote:I love Daryan. I know he was meant to be a pain in the ass, per say, but I loved his personality. I just hooked me. I would love to see some fanart of him :D

*officially joins club*


Look at my post above. XD Uploaded a .rar file of Daryan Japanese fanarts.

His personality indeed. He's just such a damn JERK. <3
mario2000
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:13 pm
Custom Title: Desert rose, why do you live alone?
Location: Fife, WA

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by mario2000 »

Man...his breakdown was whacked...
Ethed
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 am

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Ethed »

^ Spoilers, please!

And thank you DOYLIE AGH WHY DID I GET YOUR NAME WRONGGIJD - they're fantastic, just looked through all of them.
Last edited by Ethed on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Ethed wrote:^ Spoilers, please!

And thank you Darzie - they're fantastic, just looked through all of them.


OMG WTF XDDDDD
Ethed
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 am

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Ethed »

I WAS THINKING DOYLIE BUT I TYPED DARZIE

:|?
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

*gigglesnort*
It's alright. XD;;;;;; Made me laugh.

*Just noticed first post*
OH MAN that cosplay pic is awesome amirite?! I was so narked when that was the only shot I could find. ;_; I really wanted to see the whole costume.
Aevitas
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:30 am
Location: somewhere in La-La Land
Contact:

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Aevitas »

I loved this character! His attitude overall was freaking sweet, especially as a detective. Cross examining him was really fun and he could actually stand his own in court. He and Klavier are so awesome together in the band too, and the way they interacted was so awesome.. it was like "Dude, you're my buddy and all, but.. screw you." xDDD I want to see their other band members! :< They've all gotta be this cool!

Spoiler: 4-3
And yes, I really was hoping he wasn't the killer. :larry: Poor bastard was just trying to do the governor dude a favor!


And that megaupload .rar file is "unavailable" when I click the link. D:..
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Unavailable? That's strange. Seems to be working alright, but just for you, I'm uploading it to rapidshare too (lol rhyme).
Aevitas
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:30 am
Location: somewhere in La-La Land
Contact:

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Aevitas »

Danka so much! :acro:

:rock'n:
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Addikt
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2566
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:29 am
Custom Title: (ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Addikt »

Got it ;D
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog
Aevitas
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:30 am
Location: somewhere in La-La Land
Contact:

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Aevitas »

Got it too! Thanks! :edgy:
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Enjoy, ducks. <3
Arei
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1313
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:37 am
Custom Title: Scientifically Magical Detective O_o
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Arei »

He's one slicky dickhead :P

And an annoying dick to boot.

Heck, he must be obsessed with them O____O
musouka
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:36 am
Custom Title: 俺の黄金の魔女

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by musouka »

I absolutely loved Daryan--I remember being surprised at how much I loved him in 4-3. Cocky, moody, but knows when to be a professional. I love his very first scene when he tells you he sent everyone home with addresses, ect, in the most professional tone, and then a few minutes later he's completely casual with Klavier once his job was through.
Image
Aevitas
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:30 am
Location: somewhere in La-La Land
Contact:

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Aevitas »

I totally agree on that. I was so glad they didn't make him some stereotypical rock star rebel who shirks his responsibilities like they're nothing. One look at him and people would probably classify him as a jerk through and through, and he's so not.
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

In my humble opinion - I personally just think he's short tempered and just wants to get things done as efficiently and quickly as possible.

Agreeing with both posts above me, pretty much. One of the things that I really enjoyed was the contrast between him and Klavier- one having a prissy little fit over a missed cue, the other just totally unbothered.


I have too much fun calling Daryan a jerk. D:
Last edited by Doylie-Mo on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethed
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1060
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:32 am

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Ethed »

He IS a jerk, doesn't have a lot of respect for peopoh god he's hot
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Ethed wrote:He IS a jerk, doesn't have a lot of respect for peopoh god he's hot


OH GOD WE'RE LOSING 'ER

:yogi: i know that wasn't quite what I meant i totally worded my post wrong o shit *edits*
RazeTora
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:44 pm
Custom Title: Lives in a box mansion
Location: Making a blanket fort under the defense bench

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by RazeTora »

I find it very appropriate it looks like the tip of his hair has a splooge. And on his shirt, too.

I didn't like him TONS, but I liked him better than I thought I would.
Very Draco Malfoy.
Spoiler: 4-3
But his breakdown scared me.
NO COOKIE HOUSES PLZ...
MoronSonOfBoron
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 8:17 pm
Custom Title: e × e = e²
Location: God Less America
Contact:

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by MoronSonOfBoron »

He's quite literally a Draco In Leather Pants. In a game lacking a dick of a prosecutor, we were supplied with a dick of a dick. Like in any well-formed band, the frontman and his second-in-command butt heads and seem to act as foils for the other's character.

I think it's a shame he doesn't get more of the limelight. Characters that get on other character's (and the player's) nerves are the best kind.
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Image


I am so sorry for doodling this. XD
MoronSonOfBoron
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 8:17 pm
Custom Title: e × e = e²
Location: God Less America
Contact:

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by MoronSonOfBoron »

No you're not.
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
Doylie-Mo
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Custom Title: ಠ_ಠ EYES

Re: Daryan Crescend: Dickhead or DICKHEAD?

Post by Doylie-Mo »

Oh snap, you caught me.
=D
Post Reply