Klonos Heart wrote:So, in the Japanese version, Fulbright just said "Justice!" instead of "In justice we trust!"?
Also...Spoiler: Case 5-5
"I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
-
BonnyMono
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Spoiler:
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
-
Hahex
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 802
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:05 pm
- Custom Title: Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.
- Location: By my computer.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
BonnyMono wrote:Klonos Heart wrote:So, in the Japanese version, Fulbright just said "Justice!" instead of "In justice we trust!"?
Also...Spoiler: Case 5-5Spoiler:
Spoiler:
-
dimentiorules
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1959
- Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
- Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
- Location: Canada, eh?
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
This is one thing I don't get.
Spoiler:
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
-
Hahex
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 802
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:05 pm
- Custom Title: Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.
- Location: By my computer.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
dimentiorules wrote:This is one thing I don't get.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Where is it ever stated? "Obviously" does not mean "canonically" :Pdimentiorules wrote:This is one thing I don't get.
Spoiler:
-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
A question... How are Athena's mannerisms? I demo she was speaking German, in trailer French, and how does it look in the full release?
-
TheDimensionofTime
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 245
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 am
- Custom Title: Levi x Tide detergent OTP
- Location: In the Scout Regiment
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
She is often overemotional, and she speaks international words like a tourist in my opinion. European weeaboo 
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot Ackerman

-
Jean Descole
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2859
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm
- Custom Title: The cape is self-fluttering
- Location: The Bostonius
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
She isn't nearly as bad as that one guy from the Professor Layton games, but yeah. Pretty much.TheDimensionofTime wrote:European weeaboo
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

...NAILED IT
-
Miss All Sunday
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 163
- Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm
- Custom Title: Ultimate Survivor
- Location: Virginia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Oh yeah, I just thought of something.
What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?
What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.
-
Bad Player
- Moderators

- Posts: 6932
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
- Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Is that Blackquill's name for Fulbright? He just calls him "ossan" (old man) in the Japanese version.emimprov wrote:Oh yeah, I just thought of something.
What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
-
Miss All Sunday
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 163
- Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm
- Custom Title: Ultimate Survivor
- Location: Virginia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Yeah, it is. Hmm. I thought it'd be more specific, seeing as the English version is a play on words.Bad Player wrote:Is that Blackquill's name for Fulbright? He just calls him "ossan" (old man) in the Japanese version.emimprov wrote:Oh yeah, I just thought of something.
What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?
Bugs me that they made it two words and not just "Foolbright," though. /nitpick
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.
-
linkenski
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1637
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
- Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
- Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Yeah I agree, but it is really just one of a handful of oddities in the localization.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
I know its a little late for this from my old post but i found the proof i needed while i was playing Case 1
Spoiler: Athena's leg
-
Pessimistic_Fool
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 233
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:42 pm
- Location: Germany
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
That might not mean what you think it means. ;)
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hollow_leg
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hollow_leg
-
Koop
- Suspect

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:50 am
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
-
BonnyMono
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
You haven't heard? Gumshoe's the chief of the police now!Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
-
Joe4evr
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 131
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Real reason: They wanted to introduce more new characters.Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
In-game reason: Fulbright is Blackquill's assigned detective, whereas Gumshoe is (allegedly) still assigned to Edgeworth.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.


-
Huldra
- Suspect

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:25 am
- Custom Title: Steppenfuchs
- Location: Eastern Europe
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
The only things which remind of GumshoeKoop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
Spoiler:
-
DragonCactus
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 135
- Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 pm
- Custom Title: Expert bluffer
- Location: On the brink of sanity
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
I'm wondering if Gumshoe is even still assigned to Edgeworth at this point now that Edgeworth has been promoted.Huldra wrote:The only things which remind of GumshoeKoop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.Spoiler:
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright
"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

-
Jammin' Ninja
- Suspect

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:27 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
I just want to know if...
Spoiler: General
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Jammin' Ninja wrote:I just want to know if...Spoiler: General
Spoiler: Full game spoiler
-
Shadow Magician
- Suspect

- Posts: 31
- Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm
- Custom Title: Mia Fey, Ace Attorney.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.
Spoiler:

"We never really know if our clients are guilty or innocent. All we can do is believe in them. And in order to believe in them, you have to believe in yourself."
Signature by MidnightJasper~
-
BonnyMono
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
I believe it was "Ms. Athena" or "Athena".Shadow Magician wrote:Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.Spoiler:
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
-
Joe4evr
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 131
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
They meant it the other way around, which is "Pearly".BonnyMono wrote:I believe it was "Ms. Athena" or "Athena".Shadow Magician wrote:Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.Spoiler:
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.


-
BonnyMono
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Joe4evr wrote:They meant it the other way around, which is "Pearly".BonnyMono wrote:I believe it was "Ms. Athena" or "Athena".Shadow Magician wrote:Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.Spoiler:
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
-
mew4ever23
- Suspect

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:53 am
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Really? Where's that nugget of info in game?BonnyMono wrote:You haven't heard? Gumshoe's the chief of the police now!Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
I mean, as good as Fullbright's theme is, some times he left me saying "I miss Gumshoe".
-
Rubia Ryu the Royal
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6180
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
- Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
- Location: LA, Japanifornia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Yes, its name is Stepladder. When it heard that Charley wasn't examinable in this game (outside of the Quiz DLC), it wobbled and collapsed into depression. Gumshoe had just been using it to clean some upper shelves in Edgeworth's new office, but fell over and hit his head. He's now resting at the Hickfield Clinic and needs some time to recuperate. When he reawakens, he may have some symptoms of amnesia, but he'll be fine.Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
Sadly, no one can fix poor Steppy's creaky joints anymore. You fought a long hard battle, Stepladder, may you rest in peace.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
-
scarlet-flowers
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 126
- Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 pm
- Custom Title: Beauty and grace.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Case 3 inconsistency
Spoiler:
-
Rubia Ryu the Royal
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6180
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
- Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
- Location: LA, Japanifornia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
scarlet-flowers wrote:Case 3 inconsistency
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
-
scarlet-flowers
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 126
- Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 pm
- Custom Title: Beauty and grace.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Oh I see.Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:scarlet-flowers wrote:Case 3 inconsistency
Spoiler:Spoiler:
-
scarlet-flowers
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 126
- Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 pm
- Custom Title: Beauty and grace.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Oh I see.Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:scarlet-flowers wrote:Case 3 inconsistency
Spoiler:Spoiler:
-
Krayzel
- Suspect

- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:47 am
- Location: Tours, France
- Contact:
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Hello there, I just completed case 3 and I must say some things got me quite confused here...
Spoiler:
-
Joe4evr
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 131
- Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Krayzel wrote:Hello there, I just completed case 3 and I must say some things got me quite confused here...
Spoiler:
Spoiler: Your first point
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.


-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
...Is that bug... guaranteed to happen? ._.
-
Rubia Ryu the Royal
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6180
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
- Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
- Location: LA, Japanifornia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
I think so. I've seen the error in my version as well, and it doesn't disappear no matter how many times I try to "reset". Let's just pretend he's holding a hologram.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
-
BonnyMono
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
- Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
What if.... he had a spare one?Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:I think so. I've seen the error in my version as well, and it doesn't disappear no matter how many times I try to "reset". Let's just pretend he's holding a hologram.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
-
tiger_festival
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
- Custom Title: I've felt worse.
- Location: I'm at soup.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
That kind of makes it worse.BonnyMono wrote:What if.... he had a spare one?Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:I think so. I've seen the error in my version as well, and it doesn't disappear no matter how many times I try to "reset". Let's just pretend he's holding a hologram.
Spoiler:

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
- SANC
- Suspect

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:28 am
- Custom Title: Hoser In Chief
- Location: Cork,Ireland
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
A number of things are missing in the profiles like clicking on show and then it says "Nothing here yet." Anyway for Aristotle Means his name origin is easy. Aristotle was one of the most famous philosophers ever and as for his surname Means well it's simply "as a result of this" or "the translation of this is" or perhaps it's because he tells his students to win by any means necessary.
As for Yuri Cosmos well cosmos is to do with space and Yuri after Yuri Gagarin. Candice Arme is simply pronounced can disarm as she specialises in bomb disposal.
As for Yuri Cosmos well cosmos is to do with space and Yuri after Yuri Gagarin. Candice Arme is simply pronounced can disarm as she specialises in bomb disposal.
"You shouldn't expect too much from a guy like me."
-Larry Butz (he's honest at least though.)
-Larry Butz (he's honest at least though.)
-
Sligneris
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Jinxie calls Fulbright a ghost, once she sees him.
Spoiler:
-
Rubia Ryu the Royal
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6180
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
- Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
- Location: LA, Japanifornia
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition
Sligneris wrote:Jinxie calls Fulbright a ghost, once she sees him.Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
