"I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

It took 6 years, but the fifth main Ace Attorney game has arrived! Dust off your attorney's badges and chat Dual Destinies here.
Post Reply
BonnyMono
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by BonnyMono »

Klonos Heart wrote:So, in the Japanese version, Fulbright just said "Justice!" instead of "In justice we trust!"?

Also...
Spoiler: Case 5-5
About Athena's knife, I always thought it was the same knife which killed Terran...
Spoiler:
It is the same knife.
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Hahex
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:05 pm
Custom Title: Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.
Location: By my computer.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Hahex »

BonnyMono wrote:
Klonos Heart wrote:So, in the Japanese version, Fulbright just said "Justice!" instead of "In justice we trust!"?

Also...
Spoiler: Case 5-5
About Athena's knife, I always thought it was the same knife which killed Terran...
Spoiler:
It is the same knife.
Spoiler:
As far as presenting evidence goes, it may as well be the same. But the actual knife they used are different, they have the same shape and look because they're part of a standard issue toolbox for the space center
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by dimentiorules »

This is one thing I don't get.
Spoiler:
In case 5, Pearl reveals that black psyche locks guard secrets the person isn't consciously aware of, yet in the previous game, Kristoph Gavin had them, yet he was obviously aware of his secret! It doesn't make any sense to me.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Hahex
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 802
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:05 pm
Custom Title: Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.
Location: By my computer.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Hahex »

dimentiorules wrote:This is one thing I don't get.
Spoiler:
In case 5, Pearl reveals that black psyche locks guard secrets the person isn't consciously aware of, yet in the previous game, Kristoph Gavin had them, yet he was obviously aware of his secret! It doesn't make any sense to me.
Spoiler:
Kristoph was incredibly possesive of his secrets the point of paranoia. Its possible that during his time of the 7 years, he mannaged to force his real motive for murder so far down into his subconscious that he, at the time, almost completely forgot about the motive. It certainly seemed at the time that Kristoph was attempting to feign ignorance. However, at court, when he was faced with evidence, he was forced to recall the details of his murder.
Alternatively, the source that Pearl read is only one interpretation of what they could actually be. Perhaps somewhere there's an alternative explanation for what the black psyche locks could also be: a secret so dark that the locks themselves turn black. In both occurrences, the secrets hidden have to do with a murder so perhaps that is another possible criteria for the colour of the lock.
And then the most likely explanation is that Capcom simply added the definition while ignoring the specifics of the previous black lock sighting (although that seems a little peculiar, seeing as I seem to remember Phoenix recalling Kristoph's locks after seeing Athena's)
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Sligneris »

dimentiorules wrote:This is one thing I don't get.
Spoiler:
In case 5, Pearl reveals that black psyche locks guard secrets the person isn't consciously aware of, yet in the previous game, Kristoph Gavin had them, yet he was obviously aware of his secret! It doesn't make any sense to me.
Where is it ever stated? "Obviously" does not mean "canonically" :P
 
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Sligneris »

A question... How are Athena's mannerisms? I demo she was speaking German, in trailer French, and how does it look in the full release?
 
TheDimensionofTime
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:34 am
Custom Title: Levi x Tide detergent OTP
Location: In the Scout Regiment

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by TheDimensionofTime »

She is often overemotional, and she speaks international words like a tourist in my opinion. European weeaboo :godot:
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage
Jean Descole
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm
Custom Title: The cape is self-fluttering
Location: The Bostonius

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Jean Descole »

TheDimensionofTime wrote:European weeaboo :godot:
She isn't nearly as bad as that one guy from the Professor Layton games, but yeah. Pretty much.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava
Image
...NAILED IT
Miss All Sunday
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm
Custom Title: Ultimate Survivor
Location: Virginia

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Miss All Sunday »

Oh yeah, I just thought of something.

What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.
Bad Player
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 6932
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
Custom Title: 1000% Knight

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Bad Player »

emimprov wrote:Oh yeah, I just thought of something.

What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?
Is that Blackquill's name for Fulbright? He just calls him "ossan" (old man) in the Japanese version.
Image
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
Miss All Sunday
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm
Custom Title: Ultimate Survivor
Location: Virginia

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Miss All Sunday »

Bad Player wrote:
emimprov wrote:Oh yeah, I just thought of something.

What's the equivalent of "Fool Bright" in the Japanese version?
Is that Blackquill's name for Fulbright? He just calls him "ossan" (old man) in the Japanese version.
Yeah, it is. Hmm. I thought it'd be more specific, seeing as the English version is a play on words.

Bugs me that they made it two words and not just "Foolbright," though. /nitpick
Now, even if you apologize...I will not forgive you.
linkenski
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by linkenski »

Yeah I agree, but it is really just one of a handful of oddities in the localization.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Church Of Sumire »

I know its a little late for this from my old post but i found the proof i needed while i was playing Case 1
Spoiler: Athena's leg
Image
Pessimistic_Fool
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Location: Germany

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Pessimistic_Fool »

That might not mean what you think it means. ;)
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hollow_leg
Koop
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:50 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Koop »

Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
BonnyMono
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by BonnyMono »

Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
You haven't heard? Gumshoe's the chief of the police now!
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Joe4evr
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Joe4evr »

Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
Real reason: They wanted to introduce more new characters.

In-game reason: Fulbright is Blackquill's assigned detective, whereas Gumshoe is (allegedly) still assigned to Edgeworth.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Image
Huldra
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:25 am
Custom Title: Steppenfuchs
Location: Eastern Europe

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Huldra »

Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
The only things which remind of Gumshoe
Spoiler:
are suggestions of possible paycuts made by prosecutors
DragonCactus
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 135
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:08 pm
Custom Title: Expert bluffer
Location: On the brink of sanity

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by DragonCactus »

Huldra wrote:
Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
The only things which remind of Gumshoe
Spoiler:
are suggestions of possible paycuts made by prosecutors
I'm wondering if Gumshoe is even still assigned to Edgeworth at this point now that Edgeworth has been promoted.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks a peel." --Phoenix Wright

"I'll gladly take your 1 cent!" --Miles Edgeworth

Image
Jammin' Ninja
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Jammin' Ninja »

I just want to know if...
Spoiler: General
Every killer will be spoiled in the episode's intro sequence. I definitely hope not and if that's the case, I'll try to look away.
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Church Of Sumire »

Jammin' Ninja wrote:I just want to know if...
Spoiler: General
Every killer will be spoiled in the episode's intro sequence. I definitely hope not and if that's the case, I'll try to look away.
Spoiler: Full game spoiler
It was only for case 1 and 2 that showed who the killer was. The rest of the cases dont :sillytrucy:
Shadow Magician
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:23 pm
Custom Title: Mia Fey, Ace Attorney.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Shadow Magician »

Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.
Spoiler:
What does Athena call Pearl in the localisation of Reclaimed?
Image
"We never really know if our clients are guilty or innocent. All we can do is believe in them. And in order to believe in them, you have to believe in yourself."

Signature by MidnightJasper~
BonnyMono
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by BonnyMono »

Shadow Magician wrote:Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.
Spoiler:
What does Athena call Pearl in the localisation of Reclaimed?
I believe it was "Ms. Athena" or "Athena".
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Joe4evr
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Joe4evr »

BonnyMono wrote:
Shadow Magician wrote:Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.
Spoiler:
What does Athena call Pearl in the localisation of Reclaimed?
I believe it was "Ms. Athena" or "Athena".
They meant it the other way around, which is "Pearly".
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Image
BonnyMono
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by BonnyMono »

Joe4evr wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:
Shadow Magician wrote:Quick question from someone who doesn't have enough money to buy the DLC case.
Spoiler:
What does Athena call Pearl in the localisation of Reclaimed?
I believe it was "Ms. Athena" or "Athena".
They meant it the other way around, which is "Pearly".
:oops: Looks like I have read it the other way around...
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
mew4ever23
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:53 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by mew4ever23 »

BonnyMono wrote:
Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
You haven't heard? Gumshoe's the chief of the police now!
Really? Where's that nugget of info in game?

I mean, as good as Fullbright's theme is, some times he left me saying "I miss Gumshoe".
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

Koop wrote:Where the heck is Gumshoe in this game? Is there something that happened in the previous plot I forgot to make him completely absent from this game? I missed him.
Yes, its name is Stepladder. When it heard that Charley wasn't examinable in this game (outside of the Quiz DLC), it wobbled and collapsed into depression. Gumshoe had just been using it to clean some upper shelves in Edgeworth's new office, but fell over and hit his head. He's now resting at the Hickfield Clinic and needs some time to recuperate. When he reawakens, he may have some symptoms of amnesia, but he'll be fine.

Sadly, no one can fix poor Steppy's creaky joints anymore. You fought a long hard battle, Stepladder, may you rest in peace. :larry:
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
scarlet-flowers
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 pm
Custom Title: Beauty and grace.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by scarlet-flowers »

Case 3 inconsistency
Spoiler:
Wait so ok, didn't Myriam give the tape to the police because she has tapes everywhere? BUT then later they say that Hugh was given it by Professor Means to give in to the police? Or was it that Myriam gave it to Professor Means who gave it to Hugh who gave it to the police?
idontunderstand
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

scarlet-flowers wrote:Case 3 inconsistency
Spoiler:
Wait so ok, didn't Myriam give the tape to the police because she has tapes everywhere? BUT then later they say that Hugh was given it by Professor Means to give in to the police? Or was it that Myriam gave it to Professor Means who gave it to Hugh who gave it to the police?
idontunderstand
Spoiler:
Myriam claimed to have recorded it, but she didn't. That tape was taken from a different recording anyway, and Means gave it to Hugh to give to the police.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
scarlet-flowers
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 pm
Custom Title: Beauty and grace.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by scarlet-flowers »

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:Case 3 inconsistency
Spoiler:
Wait so ok, didn't Myriam give the tape to the police because she has tapes everywhere? BUT then later they say that Hugh was given it by Professor Means to give in to the police? Or was it that Myriam gave it to Professor Means who gave it to Hugh who gave it to the police?
idontunderstand
Spoiler:
Myriam claimed to have recorded it, but she didn't. That tape was taken from a different recording anyway, and Means gave it to Hugh to give to the police.
Oh I see.
scarlet-flowers
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:06 pm
Custom Title: Beauty and grace.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by scarlet-flowers »

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
scarlet-flowers wrote:Case 3 inconsistency
Spoiler:
Wait so ok, didn't Myriam give the tape to the police because she has tapes everywhere? BUT then later they say that Hugh was given it by Professor Means to give in to the police? Or was it that Myriam gave it to Professor Means who gave it to Hugh who gave it to the police?
idontunderstand
Spoiler:
Myriam claimed to have recorded it, but she didn't. That tape was taken from a different recording anyway, and Means gave it to Hugh to give to the police.
Oh I see.
Krayzel
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:47 am
Location: Tours, France
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Krayzel »

Hello there, I just completed case 3 and I must say some things got me quite confused here...
Spoiler:
First, it is said that Prof. Means' staff has been used to look like Phoenix's arm on the statue; that implies he wouldn't have it until the body is being moved at the center of the stage, so during the mock trial. However, at the very beginning of the case, we meet Prof. Means right before the mock trial, in the Lecture Hall... and he does have his staff at that moment. Does it mean the body would have been moved before the mock trial started (and also before Means' speech, because Juniper is inviting him to get ready to give his speech before Athena and Phoenix leave the place), but after the announcement inviting the students to get in the Lecture Hall? I don't know, the timing looks way too short for me. Not to say it simply contradicts the facts, as they're stated.

Another thing: what about the awl? Maybe I forgot that part, but did the blood actually belong to Courte? Was it the real murder weapon, or it's nothing but phony evidence (and the murder weapon is Prof. Means' staff/spear)? That piece of evidence seems to have been completely forgotten during the second day of the trial. :yogi:
Joe4evr
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Joe4evr »

Krayzel wrote:Hello there, I just completed case 3 and I must say some things got me quite confused here...
Spoiler:
First, it is said that Prof. Means' staff has been used to look like Phoenix's arm on the statue; that implies he wouldn't have it until the body is being moved at the center of the stage, so during the mock trial. However, at the very beginning of the case, we meet Prof. Means right before the mock trial, in the Lecture Hall... and he does have his staff at that moment. Does it mean the body would have been moved before the mock trial started (and also before Means' speech, because Juniper is inviting him to get ready to give his speech before Athena and Phoenix leave the place), but after the announcement inviting the students to get in the Lecture Hall? I don't know, the timing looks way too short for me. Not to say it simply contradicts the facts, as they're stated.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Image
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Sligneris »

...Is that bug... guaranteed to happen? ._.
 
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

I think so. I've seen the error in my version as well, and it doesn't disappear no matter how many times I try to "reset". Let's just pretend he's holding a hologram.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
BonnyMono
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by BonnyMono »

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:I think so. I've seen the error in my version as well, and it doesn't disappear no matter how many times I try to "reset". Let's just pretend he's holding a hologram.
What if.... he had a spare one?
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
tiger_festival
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
Custom Title: I've felt worse.
Location: I'm at soup.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by tiger_festival »

BonnyMono wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:I think so. I've seen the error in my version as well, and it doesn't disappear no matter how many times I try to "reset". Let's just pretend he's holding a hologram.
What if.... he had a spare one?
That kind of makes it worse.
Spoiler:
Because that would mean he brought the murder weapon to the trial when he could have brought a clean staff/spear.
Image
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
User avatar
SANC
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:28 am
Custom Title: Hoser In Chief
Location: Cork,Ireland

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by SANC »

A number of things are missing in the profiles like clicking on show and then it says "Nothing here yet." Anyway for Aristotle Means his name origin is easy. Aristotle was one of the most famous philosophers ever and as for his surname Means well it's simply "as a result of this" or "the translation of this is" or perhaps it's because he tells his students to win by any means necessary.
As for Yuri Cosmos well cosmos is to do with space and Yuri after Yuri Gagarin. Candice Arme is simply pronounced can disarm as she specialises in bomb disposal.
"You shouldn't expect too much from a guy like me."
-Larry Butz (he's honest at least though.)
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Sligneris »

Jinxie calls Fulbright a ghost, once she sees him.
Spoiler:
Does she call him a phantom in Japanese version?
 
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

Sligneris wrote:Jinxie calls Fulbright a ghost, once she sees him.
Spoiler:
Does she call him a phantom in Japanese version?
Spoiler:
Nah, she just literally calls him a ghost/monster. The term for "The Phantom" is a different one, since it's written using the kanji for "lost spirit".
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Post Reply