I think people are overeacting. Of course if they want to appeal a younger audience they had to altered the design. They wanted to put emphasis on certain characteristics, that's why Sonic have new longers legs, plus he look a bit older. As for knuckles, well a guy with skinny arms and big knuckles is weird if you don't assume that he have special gauntlet or something. We'll get use to this in a few months.Sjibbey wrote:Sooooo people... , have you heard about the new design of Sonic?
I just can't get a grip on this character anymore.
Random conversations about Games
-
Shao-Mae
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am
- Custom Title: The dwarf geeky panda!
- Location: Where am I?
Re: Random conversations about Games
Please don't hit me...
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Random conversations about Games
I concur, leg proportions have never been something that the Sonic franchise has ever done correctly, just look at Eggman in all his renditions. The important proportions are correct, Sonic is taller than Amy, Amy is taller than tails so everything looks right.Shao-Mae wrote:I think people are overeacting. Of course if they want to appeal a younger audience they had to altered the design. They wanted to put emphasis on certain characteristics, that's why Sonic have new longers legs, plus he look a bit older. As for knuckles, well a guy with skinny arms and big knuckles is weird if you don't assume that he have special gauntlet or something. We'll get use to this in a few months.Sjibbey wrote:Sooooo people... , have you heard about the new design of Sonic?
I just can't get a grip on this character anymore.
Then knuckles is just BEEFED but hell I don't mind. I'm just bloody glad Knuckles is going to be relevant again in a Sonic game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Sjibbey
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1181
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm
- Custom Title: High level play
- Location: Netherlands
Re: Random conversations about Games
I don't really know why the new design bothers me, but I think it's the scarf and bandages thing. It just doesn't quite fit in my opinion. Not to mention I don't like the look in Sonic's eyes, it seems derpy for some reason.Pierre wrote:I concur, leg proportions have never been something that the Sonic franchise has ever done correctly, just look at Eggman in all his renditions. The important proportions are correct, Sonic is taller than Amy, Amy is taller than tails so everything looks right.Shao-Mae wrote:I think people are overeacting. Of course if they want to appeal a younger audience they had to altered the design. They wanted to put emphasis on certain characteristics, that's why Sonic have new longers legs, plus he look a bit older. As for knuckles, well a guy with skinny arms and big knuckles is weird if you don't assume that he have special gauntlet or something. We'll get use to this in a few months.Sjibbey wrote:Sooooo people... , have you heard about the new design of Sonic?
I just can't get a grip on this character anymore.
Then knuckles is just BEEFED but hell I don't mind. I'm just bloody glad Knuckles is going to be relevant again in a Sonic game.
It's not that I can't handle change or anything and I imagine Sega did tons of research to come to this conclusion, but I'm gonna set my foot down and say "NO" to this design.
If the gameplay of the game is good than off course all will be forgiven, but that hasn't happened since Sonic Generations.
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Random conversations about Games
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Sjibbey
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1181
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm
- Custom Title: High level play
- Location: Netherlands
Re: Random conversations about Games
That's very true, but generations was taking existing stages and remaking them, which was done very nicely, but they didn't fare too well with the newer Sonic games build from scratch.Pierre wrote:Sonic Generations wasn't that long ago...and Sonic Colours was pretty rad. I've been wanting to play Lost World but don't have it yet.
Sonic 06
Shadow the Hedgehog
Secret rings
Unleashed
Black Night
Sonic for me is about 2 things: speed and control. This was done superb in generations and Sonic Adventure 2 in my opinion, but they seem to mess up the format more than getting it right.
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Random conversations about Games
Hmm Sonic Unleashed was fine, people mock the Werehog stuff but the 'speed' in the day sections was pretty excellent.Sjibbey wrote:That's very true, but generations was taking existing stages and remaking them, which was done very nicely, but they didn't fare too well with the newer Sonic games build from scratch.Pierre wrote:Sonic Generations wasn't that long ago...and Sonic Colours was pretty rad. I've been wanting to play Lost World but don't have it yet.
Sonic 06
Shadow the Hedgehog
Secret rings
Unleashed
Black Night
Sonic for me is about 2 things: speed and control. This was done superb in generations and Sonic Adventure 2 in my opinion, but they seem to mess up the format more than getting it right.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Sjibbey
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1181
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm
- Custom Title: High level play
- Location: Netherlands
Re: Random conversations about Games
True, but still means half the game is tedious button mashing while using a combo or special attack now and then to mix it up a little (you could combo a shoryuken into a primary lotus, so I gotta give credit there). Maybe I'm to harsh on unleashed. I remember doing all the hotdog vendor missions, which meant completing each stage perfectly 5 times, so maybe I turned bitter after enduring those trials.Pierre wrote:Hmm Sonic Unleashed was fine, people mock the Werehog stuff but the 'speed' in the day sections was pretty excellent.Sjibbey wrote:That's very true, but generations was taking existing stages and remaking them, which was done very nicely, but they didn't fare too well with the newer Sonic games build from scratch.Pierre wrote:Sonic Generations wasn't that long ago...and Sonic Colours was pretty rad. I've been wanting to play Lost World but don't have it yet.
Sonic 06
Shadow the Hedgehog
Secret rings
Unleashed
Black Night
Sonic for me is about 2 things: speed and control. This was done superb in generations and Sonic Adventure 2 in my opinion, but they seem to mess up the format more than getting it right.
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Random conversations about Games
I think modern gaming is hard on anything from 'way back when' so the likes of Nintendo and Sega and older franchises like Final Fantasy and Metal Gear seem to get a real rough time in any gaming press these days. Sonic included so I always treat such things with grains of salt, I view Seven Rings as sort of a 'beta' for their later on games as Unleashed was basically the perfected version of "Run into the screen really fast" Sonic games.
Black Knight I found real entertaining, but the motion controls were inaccurate and the swordplay broke up the speed despite their design intentions hoping it wouldn't.
If they wanted to make a combat heavy game they just need to give Knuckles a shot. I heard Unleashed's 'Werehog' stages were meant to be intended for Knuckles originally but a design choice at one point meant that the Werehog was the route they chose.
Black Knight I found real entertaining, but the motion controls were inaccurate and the swordplay broke up the speed despite their design intentions hoping it wouldn't.
If they wanted to make a combat heavy game they just need to give Knuckles a shot. I heard Unleashed's 'Werehog' stages were meant to be intended for Knuckles originally but a design choice at one point meant that the Werehog was the route they chose.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: Random conversations about Games
Here you go.Sjibbey wrote:I don't really know why the new design bothers me, but I think it's the scarf and bandages thing..

C-A


-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Random conversations about Games
I knew it! that damn Oprah winfry is at it again!CatMuto wrote:Here you go.Sjibbey wrote:I don't really know why the new design bothers me, but I think it's the scarf and bandages thing..
C-A
-
Sjibbey
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1181
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm
- Custom Title: High level play
- Location: Netherlands
Re: Random conversations about Games
It all makes sense now!
-
Klonoahedgehog
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2022
- Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am
- Custom Title: Gardevoir lover
- Location: Puerto rico
Re: Random conversations about Games
Imma go finish my pre order of Conception 2.

-
Franzise Deauxnim
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3541
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am
Re: Random conversations about Games
Oh...well...yes, there's that, too.General Luigi wrote:I was referring to how Cordelia's support conversations are not affected by her marital status. Even if married, she will still talk about "the married man [she's] fallen for" in her supports with Henry.Franzise Deauxnim wrote:Yeah, no Lissa x Maribelle is total bs.
I guess it was kind of a mistake to make unrequited love a major part of someone's character in a game that encourages you to pair your units up mostly any way you want, huh?

-
Bad Player
- Moderators

- Posts: 6932
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
- Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Re: Random conversations about Games
I just want to complain in advance about the sudden influx of people that are going to appear that are going to be saying things like "Makoto", "Hina", and "Taka".
IT'S NAEGI, AOI, AND ISHI YOU MONSTERS ;_;
IT'S NAEGI, AOI, AND ISHI YOU MONSTERS ;_;

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: Random conversations about Games
I never did quite understand the point of changing a character's Japanese name for a localized game into another Japanese name.Bad Player wrote:I just want to complain in advance about the sudden influx of people that are going to appear that are going to be saying things like "Makoto", "Hina", and "Taka".
IT'S NAEGI, AOI, AND ISHI YOU MONSTERS ;_;
I mean... what? People cannot pronounciate Ishi but can say Taka? Or Makoto instead of Naegi?
C-A


-
Bad Player
- Moderators

- Posts: 6932
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
- Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Re: Random conversations about Games
It could be because Westerners are used to using people's first names instead of last names, but... you'd think in that case, they would just change the order of the characters' names, rather than changing the name they're usually referred to by.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: Random conversations about Games
Mh... then again, having characters refer to someone by their first name in the localized version when they use the last name usually, can really screw up big moments. Which are lost on westerners, not just cause we usually refer to someone by their first name but because... well, it's no big deal to call someone suddenly by their first name because they never called someone by their last name to begin with.
I mean, I can understand changing, like, in Persona 4 where Konishi referred to Yosuke as "Hana-chan" I can see why people may think it's weird for a guy to be called -chan, which they think is usually only used on girls. But... well, even weirder in Persona 4, because they do use -san, -kun, -chan and -sempai. But with first names...
C-A
I mean, I can understand changing, like, in Persona 4 where Konishi referred to Yosuke as "Hana-chan" I can see why people may think it's weird for a guy to be called -chan, which they think is usually only used on girls. But... well, even weirder in Persona 4, because they do use -san, -kun, -chan and -sempai. But with first names...
C-A


-
Franzise Deauxnim
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3541
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:25 am
Re: Random conversations about Games
It could be worse. Ever play the localized version of Sakura Wars 5? Nobody ever calls Shinjiro Taiga (the main character) Taiga-kun or even (to my recollection) Shinjiro. It's always "Shin" or "Shiny" or "Shinster". ughh

-
Bad Player
- Moderators

- Posts: 6932
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
- Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Re: Random conversations about Games
...Oh my god. They should make an Evangelion dub where everyone calls Shinji "Shinster"Franzise Deauxnim wrote:It could be worse. Ever play the localized version of Sakura Wars 5? Nobody ever calls Shinjiro Taiga (the main character) Taiga-kun or even (to my recollection) Shinjiro. It's always "Shin" or "Shiny" or "Shinster". ughh

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Random conversations about Games
Awesome they just released Payday2 for free for playstation plus members 
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: Random conversations about Games
Son of a...! In Harvest Moon DS Cute, I re-did the marriage and 3 season pregnancy four times now and I still ended up with a boy! I'm playing the Girl Version of the game because I want a goddamn daughter! Screw this! I'm making a new file! Or better yet, I play the Boy Version! Okay, I can't have a daughter there, but at least I don't have to WASTE 3 Seasons just to see what I get!
C-A
C-A


-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Random conversations about Games
Omg im so proud of myself! I finally went through the entire water temple in OoT without using internet,game faqs, or a walkthrough

-
Lord Doitsu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1070
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm
- Custom Title: An Enigma Among Humans
- Location: I'm at soup!
Re: Random conversations about Games
Beat Link to the Past without help ether. I know how it feels, partner.Fool Bright wrote:Omg im so proud of myself! I finally went through the entire water temple in OoT without using internet,game faqs, or a walkthrough![]()

-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Random conversations about Games
I only used a walkthrough once i believe for the Skull woods.Blood_fox5 wrote:Beat Link to the Past without help ether. I know how it feels, partner.Fool Bright wrote:Omg im so proud of myself! I finally went through the entire water temple in OoT without using internet,game faqs, or a walkthrough![]()
-
Lord Doitsu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1070
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm
- Custom Title: An Enigma Among Humans
- Location: I'm at soup!
Re: Random conversations about Games
I reambering it being pretty hard. I am now playing A Link Between Worlds, and I think the difficulty has gone down slightly because I know where most everything is.Fool Bright wrote:I only used a walkthrough once i believe for the Skull woods.Blood_fox5 wrote:Beat Link to the Past without help ether. I know how it feels, partner.Fool Bright wrote:Omg im so proud of myself! I finally went through the entire water temple in OoT without using internet,game faqs, or a walkthrough![]()

-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Random conversations about Games
Blood_fox5 wrote:I reambering it being pretty hard. I am now playing A Link Between Worlds, and I think the difficulty has gone down slightly because I know where most everything is.
I only had trouble with that dungeon because of what exit i needed to take to go to certain parts from outside the woods to other parts of the dungeon. I agree that they did lower the difficulty of that dungeon in LBW.
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: Random conversations about Games
So I got my Lightning Returns for the 360 and have the Japanese Audio going on and I have to say... whoever took over the translation from the Japanese really screwed it up! The translation is very far from what is actually being said.
I can't blame people for saying the XIII games have weird lines, because the translation IS... medicore. Semi-decent at best. It gives us the idea, but the actual meaning is completely lost...
C-A
I can't blame people for saying the XIII games have weird lines, because the translation IS... medicore. Semi-decent at best. It gives us the idea, but the actual meaning is completely lost...
C-A


-
Shao-Mae
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am
- Custom Title: The dwarf geeky panda!
- Location: Where am I?
Re: Random conversations about Games
Do anybody knows a website where they sell pokémon platinum for cheap. I searched everywhere and I find things like 40$ without the horrible shipping of 15$. Heck the japanese version is cheaper than the english one!
Please don't hit me...
-
Bad Player
- Moderators

- Posts: 6932
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
- Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Re: Random conversations about Games
Amazon seems to have it for about $40, but then with shipping much cheaper than $15.Shao-Mae wrote:Do anybody knows a website where they sell pokémon platinum for cheap. I searched everywhere and I find things like 40$ without the horrible shipping of 15$. Heck the japanese version is cheaper than the english one!
It also looks like you might be able to get it on ebay for about $30.

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
-
Klonoahedgehog
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2022
- Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am
- Custom Title: Gardevoir lover
- Location: Puerto rico
Re: Random conversations about Games
I think Gamestop has it for 20 bucks.Shao-Mae wrote:Do anybody knows a website where they sell pokémon platinum for cheap. I searched everywhere and I find things like 40$ without the horrible shipping of 15$. Heck the japanese version is cheaper than the english one!

-
Shao-Mae
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am
- Custom Title: The dwarf geeky panda!
- Location: Where am I?
Re: Random conversations about Games
Nah Gamestop do have it at 40 km from my home at 35$ used, without taxes. The problem I have with ebay is the shipping fees I have because I live in Canada. Anyway I checked the little ad and found someone in my region, who didn't needed me to come over. 20$ really nice of her.
On another note I just find the Twitch pokemon play very hilarious.
On another note I just find the Twitch pokemon play very hilarious.
Please don't hit me...
-
kwando1313
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 901
- Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:29 pm
- Custom Title: Fate Testarossa
- Location: Uminari City
Re: Random conversations about Games
Yes!
Twitch plays Pokemon /is/ absolutely hilarious. I can't believe that they managed to get 4 badges, you know?
But... We all know they're screwed when they have to do the Safari Zone. xP
Twitch plays Pokemon /is/ absolutely hilarious. I can't believe that they managed to get 4 badges, you know?
But... We all know they're screwed when they have to do the Safari Zone. xP

-
Sjibbey
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1181
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm
- Custom Title: High level play
- Location: Netherlands
Re: Random conversations about Games
Unless there is a moment where less than 100 players are playing the'll never make it. I love the chaos it produces though.kwando1313 wrote:Yes!
Twitch plays Pokemon /is/ absolutely hilarious. I can't believe that they managed to get 4 badges, you know?
But... We all know they're screwed when they have to do the Safari Zone. xP
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Random conversations about Games
OMG I really Hope J-stars Victory Vs comes out in NA D:. Just read the news that there gonna be added Ace into the one piece roster and Hiei into the Yuyu Hakusho roster! So excited!
-
Hylian100
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 845
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:16 pm
- Custom Title: Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Random conversations about Games
So, anyone else downloaded Steel Diver: Sub Wars on 3DS? The free version's what I'm playing, rather fun though I don't like that there are only 2 submarines available in it. And the nine pound price tag for the full version's a bit steep to justify getting some slightly better submarines.
-
Sjibbey
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1181
- Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 pm
- Custom Title: High level play
- Location: Netherlands
Re: Random conversations about Games
Isn't that one of the launch titles for the 3DS? I haven't played it myself, but I've seen plenty reviews that mention the gameplay becomes repetitive and the average score is around 5-6 out of 10, so be wary if you're deciding if you should buy it or not.Hylian100 wrote:So, anyone else downloaded Steel Diver: Sub Wars on 3DS? The free version's what I'm playing, rather fun though I don't like that there are only 2 submarines available in it. And the nine pound price tag for the full version's a bit steep to justify getting some slightly better submarines.
-
Hylian100
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 845
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:16 pm
- Custom Title: Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Random conversations about Games
No, it's the sequel to one of the launch titles for the 3DS that came out of nowhere.Sjibbey wrote:Isn't that one of the launch titles for the 3DS? I haven't played it myself, but I've seen plenty reviews that mention the gameplay becomes repetitive and the average score is around 5-6 out of 10, so be wary if you're deciding if you should buy it or not.Hylian100 wrote:So, anyone else downloaded Steel Diver: Sub Wars on 3DS? The free version's what I'm playing, rather fun though I don't like that there are only 2 submarines available in it. And the nine pound price tag for the full version's a bit steep to justify getting some slightly better submarines.
-
Blak The Great
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2512
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm
- Custom Title: ☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆
- Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land
Re: Random conversations about Games
Consult the Helix Fossil and see if you truly love the chaos.Sjibbey wrote:Unless there is a moment where less than 100 players are playing the'll never make it. I love the chaos it produces though.kwando1313 wrote:Yes!
Twitch plays Pokemon /is/ absolutely hilarious. I can't believe that they managed to get 4 badges, you know?
But... We all know they're screwed when they have to do the Safari Zone. xP
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
-
kwando1313
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 901
- Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:29 pm
- Custom Title: Fate Testarossa
- Location: Uminari City
Re: Random conversations about Games
WE MUST CONSULT THE GREAT HELIX FOSSIL.Blak The Great wrote:Consult the Helix Fossil and see if you truly love the chaos.Sjibbey wrote:Unless there is a moment where less than 100 players are playing the'll never make it. I love the chaos it produces though.kwando1313 wrote:Yes!
Twitch plays Pokemon /is/ absolutely hilarious. I can't believe that they managed to get 4 badges, you know?
But... We all know they're screwed when they have to do the Safari Zone. xP

-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Random conversations about Games
Completely paid off my pre-order of SouthPark: The Stick of Truth. Can't wait till March 4 when it is released.
