GS/PW Look-a-likes

For all chat related to Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban. Please use the spoiler tag!
Post Reply
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Church Of Sumire »

I remember mentioning it that he resembles Godot.
Klonoahedgehog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am
Custom Title: Gardevoir lover
Location: Puerto rico

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Klonoahedgehog »

My cousin looks like Diego armando.
I knew a guy who looks like Wesley sticker.
Image
My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

When I was browsing through a blog named "Hot vintage men", I certainly didn't expect to find a picture of Russel Berry.
Spoiler:
Image
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by dimentiorules »

My uncle has a long, white beard that makes him look like The Judge. Other people think he looks like Santa, but I think of The Judge. The secretary at my old high school looks a lot like Sister Bikini, though she'd probably kill me if she heard I said that, as she's trying to lose weight. One of the teachers at my old high school looks a lot like Aristotle Means, except with a black beard instead of a white one.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by SuperAj3 »

The Captain from Space Battleship Yamato 2199 looks a heck of a lot like Yuri Cosmos (Or should I say Yuri looks a lot like him!?)
Spoiler: Image comparison:
Image
Image
Alonso Swift
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am
Custom Title: Ace Explorer
Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Alonso Swift »

I have one that's rather... unique, shall we say? There's no physical resemblance between the characters, but their actions make the connection for me.
Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus: Uprising) seems a lot like Bobby Fulbright. They're both large hams, they both talk big about justice,
Spoiler: DD, KI:U
and they both turn out to be villains (or at least arc villain, in Pyrrhon's case).
BTW, I wasn't sure if there was a dedicated thread for observations like this, so I just put it here. :yogi:
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
Lord Doitsu
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1070
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm
Custom Title: An Enigma Among Humans
Location: I'm at soup!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Lord Doitsu »

SuperAj3 wrote:The Captain from Space Battleship Yamato 2199 looks a heck of a lot like Yuri Cosmos (Or should I say Yuri looks a lot like him!?)
Spoiler: Image comparison:
Image
Image
Maybe that was the joke.
Image
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by dimentiorules »

AlonsoSwift wrote:I have one that's rather... unique, shall we say? There's no physical resemblance between the characters, but their actions make the connection for me.
Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus: Uprising) seems a lot like Bobby Fulbright. They're both large hams, they both talk big about justice,
Spoiler: DD, KI:U
and they both turn out to be villains (or at least arc villain, in Pyrrhon's case).
BTW, I wasn't sure if there was a dedicated thread for observations like this, so I just put it here. :yogi:
I noticed the same thing! I even tried reading Fulbright's lines in Pyrrhon's voice when I played the game. It fits him surprisingly well, at least in my opinion.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Erulissë
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Númenor... but that's gone.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Erulissë »

A while back there was a guy on the cover of Bloomberg Businessweek who looked so much like Spark Brushel. :Brush-Sniff:
Now I just need to find a photo...
Image
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Darth Wiader »

WaitingforGodot wrote:When I was browsing through a blog named "Hot vintage men", I certainly didn't expect to find a picture of Russel Berry.
Spoiler:
Image
Well,to be honest, this guy reminds me rather of Alex Louis Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist ;).

Speaking of FMA, Lieutenant General Raven is similar in many ways to Damon Gant:
Spoiler: spoilers for Fullmetal Alchemist
Image

Image

Both of them seem to be jovial and friendly elderly men at the beginning, but later they turn out to be manipulative bastards.
Also, it was hinted that Raven may have been an honest and honorable soldier in his youth, just like Gant was once a brilliant, dedicated to crime-fighting detective.
Image
Mary Faraday
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm
Custom Title: Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥
Location: Austria

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Mary Faraday »

I know this was mentioned before but I just needed to verify it again..
Spoiler: Levi Rivaille vs. Miles Edgeworth
Image

Image
Holy crap.

Also, I found this. :godot:
Spoiler: watch me derp
Image

Image

Also, this here.
Spoiler: holy--
Image

Image
The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions
시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에
Trivia 轉 : Seesaw
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by SuperAj3 »

That Liza/Adrian one is way too close to be 'coincidence'!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

A Facebook-friend of mine posted this saying that the cat was "chasing the shadow of my hair". Appearently they are Apollo.

Image
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by dimentiorules »

In the game Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, there's a character running for mayor dressed almost exactly like Phoenix. I couldn't find a good picture of him, so you'll have to settle for this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK2YNYjP2fg
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

It's mostly... okay, it's only the hair. But upon seeing a small version of the picture and interpret it wrongly, I realized something.

Image Image
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Athena_Cykes
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Athena_Cykes »

For some reason, Jirou Hanazono, (who's the father of Hikari) from Special A reminded me of Phoenix. He looks old, though.
And Akira Toudou reminds of Franziska von Karma
Spoiler: Jirou Hanazono
Image
Spoiler: Akira Toudou
Image
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

I might be stretching it, but I think Flora from Professor Layton resembles Metis Cykes a bit, with the hair.
Image
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Something I'd never expected to see: a baby-monkey-Godot!

Image
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

That's disturbing as hell.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Image
Image

Jean Greyerl from PLvsAA and Franziska von Karma.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by dimentiorules »

GoingforMiles wrote:Something I'd never expected to see: a baby-monkey-Godot!

Image
I love super monkey ball! I don't remember Baby ever wearing a visor like that, though.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
User avatar
Marc
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu May 16, 2013 3:46 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Marc »

I'm pretty sure that everyone's made the resemblance of Dr. Herman Crab with Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.

The hair, expression and pose are completely identical.

Image
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Image Image
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

...uncool.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Image Image
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Who... is that vile creature?
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

A defense attorney called Kristoph Gavin.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

:tigre:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

...and the guy on his left is Sidney Kasal from Trauma center: under the knife. The one I posted right before that is is brother Greg Kasal.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

GoingforMiles wrote:...and the guy on his left is Sidney Kasal from Trauma center: under the knife. The one I posted right before that is is brother Greg Kasal.
Ah. I thought they were the same person. Are they as vile as they look?
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

No. And even though the art style in the game they come from is quite ugly at times they don't look worse than anyone else. Maybe it wasn't the most flattering poses.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Jodora16
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Custom Title: Yay!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Jodora16 »

This guy doesn't look that similiar to him, but I still think there are a few commonalities between him and Richard Wellington.
Spoiler: German Youtuber ("Chanundso")
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xuBlJ9A679I/maxresdefault.jpg
Nearavex
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm
Custom Title: Y'know

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Nearavex »

Image

I'm not sorry.
 
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Image

Here's a mash-up between Blackquill and Crab. He's a doctor too. (Not to mention another doctor from the same game who's a prisoner temporarily out of prison to do his job)
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by WaitingforGodot »

GoingforMiles wrote:Image

Here's a mash-up between Blackquill and Crab. He's a doctor too. (Not to mention another doctor from the same game who's a prisoner temporarily out of prison to do his job)
That's a damn hot lovechild right there. As hot as his fathers.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

(Fun fact: the first thing I thought seeing him was "Spike Spiegel". I wouldn't have a clue who that was if people hadn't constantly compared him to Dr. Crab.)
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Nearavex
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm
Custom Title: Y'know

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Nearavex »

Image
Click for full version


Human version of Discord looks like Gant. Gant who got interested in cosplay.
 
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by dimentiorules »

Nearavex wrote:Image
Click for full version


Human version of Discord looks like Gant. Gant who got interested in cosplay.
Discord's personality is also quite similar to Gant's, isn't it?
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by SuperAj3 »

Marc wrote:I'm pretty sure that everyone's made the resemblance of Dr. Herman Crab with Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.

The hair, expression and pose are completely identical.
Spoiler: large picture
Image
He doesn't remind you of House? That's who I saw when I first saw Crab!
Image
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Post by Going for Miles »

Image


This came up when I googled Daryan Crescend, and I definitely see the resemblance. The eyes, eyebrows and nose are almost excactly the same.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Post Reply