Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
-
mercurialSK
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ Bluecorp!
...Yeah, I'm not going to make it. That's what happens when you fall into redesign XD
There's a bunch of cool entries though. Neat turnout for a first comp here :)
There's a bunch of cool entries though. Neat turnout for a first comp here :)
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ Bluecorp!
Sorry Merc, maybe next comp?
Other than that VOTING IS NOW OPEN! COME ONE COME ALL! THE FIRST SPRITE COMP VOTING WILL COMMENCE!
Voting will run for the next 2 weeks, and remember, you can't vote for yourself!
Other than that VOTING IS NOW OPEN! COME ONE COME ALL! THE FIRST SPRITE COMP VOTING WILL COMMENCE!
Voting will run for the next 2 weeks, and remember, you can't vote for yourself!
-
ApolloRocks23
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:20 pm
- Custom Title: Stop! What a minute!
- Location: Going the Wright way
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ Bluecorp!
Woo Hoo! First comp. voting!SuperAj3 wrote:Sorry Merc, maybe next comp?
Other than that VOTING IS NOW OPEN! COME ONE COME ALL! THE FIRST SPRITE COMP VOTING WILL COMMENCE!
Voting will run for the next 2 weeks, and remember, you can't vote for yourself!
-
milaza
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 76
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:00 am
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
ooh okay, I'll vote for Hesseldahl's (4) sprite! Because she looks really elegant and it does actually look like it would be from an AA game!
-
Nearavex
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 787
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm
- Custom Title: Y'know
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Voting for #4!
I must say, there's some real improvement in Hesseldahl's works - this one looks really amazing.
I must say, there's some real improvement in Hesseldahl's works - this one looks really amazing.
-
ShiroForever
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 124
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:49 am
- Custom Title: Ha ha! I died again!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
I really like the Maggey bluecorp outfit! I'll vote for #3 
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
I vote for 4! Hesshie's sprite looks beautiful! 
Question: How come you didn't participated on your very own competition?
Question: How come you didn't participated on your very own competition?

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Ace Pointer wrote:Question: How come you didn't participated on your very own competition?
I made the Edgeworth in April's outfit as my example of what people could do.Rules for hosts wrote:You CANNOT enter if you are hosting, but you can vote.
-
Hesseldahl
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 327
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
- Custom Title: Scratch spriter
- Location: Mexico
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
I'm voting for 3.
I really like it!
I really like it!
-
Splodey_Goat
- Suspect

- Posts: 19
- Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 pm
- Custom Title: I like to pretend I can art.
- Location: Bismarck, North Dakota
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
One more vote for Hesseldahl.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Hesseldahl for me
-
Backburner26
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 244
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
- Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
I vote 5, He looks badass
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/


(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/


(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
-
Mr. Onizuka
- Suspect

- Posts: 43
- Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm
- Custom Title: Writer
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
I vote Hesseldahl. Besides it looking awesome, it's a full sheet! Amazing work!
Avatar by Kristin Ridgley
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
I wonder how many votes Hesshie has got lately. (Probably 5-7) No love for Spoldey_Goat. 

-
Hesseldahl
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 327
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
- Custom Title: Scratch spriter
- Location: Mexico
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
6 exactly.
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing.
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing.
-
Splodey_Goat
- Suspect

- Posts: 19
- Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 pm
- Custom Title: I like to pretend I can art.
- Location: Bismarck, North Dakota
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Oh, definitely, I jumped the gun. I'm not feeling bad about anything cause everybody else here definitely deserves the love their gettingHesseldahl wrote:6 exactly.![]()
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
You made history being the first ever entry into the monthly sprite comps! That's an achievement!Splodey_Goat wrote:Oh, definitely, I jumped the gun. I'm not feeling bad about anything cause everybody else here definitely deserves the love their gettingHesseldahl wrote:6 exactly.![]()
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing.. Happy to get to say I submitted the first contest sprite but next month I won't jump in so quick and submit something that might actually be able to compete '.';
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
I thought Spoldey_Goat was unhappy that he isn't getting any votes. Oh, and Mij, you're right in that spot that Spoldey got the achievement of being the first entry in the competition.
By the way, if double-voting was allowed, I'd vote for milaza as well. His sprite looks pretty cute. But I sincerely doubt it. (I think people can only vote one spriter, I guess.)
By the way, if double-voting was allowed, I'd vote for milaza as well. His sprite looks pretty cute. But I sincerely doubt it. (I think people can only vote one spriter, I guess.)

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
AAO allows you to vote for 2 people, but our spriting community here is a lot smaller, and we only had 5 entrants, so I thought 1 vote per person would work. I am seeing it is a little unfair, but it's too late now. (To be honest, hosting this I've come to like all the entries! I'm waiting until the last day to cast my vote because I'm mentally deliberating who should get a vote XD)Ace Pointer wrote:I thought Spoldey_Goat was unhappy that he isn't getting any votes. Oh, and Mij, you're right in that spot that Spoldey got the achievement of being the first entry in the competition.![]()
By the way, if double-voting was allowed, I'd vote for milaza as well. His sprite looks pretty cute. But I sincerely doubt it. (I think people can only vote one spriter, I guess.)
Maybe next comp we could have 2 votes per person, (depending on how many votes/voters there are) Or maybe in the last 3 days I can open it to a 2nd vote per person? Like "Turnabout voting" XD
Also, it's only 6 more days until voting closes. I've been keeping a tally, but I'll wait until the end to share the results!
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
@SuperAj3: Hmm... A User voting 2 Spriters could be great in the next competition. 
Other than that, ♫ iittt'ss voottee couuuuunnnnnnttttttiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg tttiiiiimmmmmeeeee! ♫

Other than that, ♫ iittt'ss voottee couuuuunnnnnnttttttiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg tttiiiiimmmmmeeeee! ♫
Although the voting session didn't ended, this is the total amount of votes now. Hmm... I think I should count the total amount of votes too when the last day to vote a spriter comes. Would be pretty interesting. Especially if Mij plans to write down a Vote Counting "thing" in the first post in this thread...Vote Counter wrote: Spoldey_Goat = 0
SilverGS = 0
milaza = 2
Hesseldahl = 6
Ropfa = 1

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Thanks Ace, but I didn't mention the counter just to keep the suspense.
I've been writing it all down myself, so provided people don't change their vote, what I've written is accurate. I will recount again after votes close just incase.
I've been writing it all down myself, so provided people don't change their vote, what I've written is accurate. I will recount again after votes close just incase.
-
Backburner26
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 244
- Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
- Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
When do the votes finish Mij?
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/


(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/


(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
16 or 17 May.Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?

-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Even though, Hesshie's sprite being very simple here gets all the love for some very odd reason. Even from me.
JAZZ TIME!
JAZZ TIME!

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Tomorrow's (16th) the last day for voting.Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
I might as well throw my vote in now, before it's too late
I couldn't pick who I should vote for, because every entry I loved because I was happy people wanted to participate, so I asked my mum
Her favourite was 2, so there's my vote XD
Also, next comp, everyone can vote for 2 of their favourites. I see now why that's the case on AAO, will update the rules after voting closes.
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
In case you don't know, Spoldey_Goat didn't got any votes.SuperAj3 wrote:Tomorrow's (16th) the last day for voting.Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
I might as well throw my vote in now, before it's too late(I really wanted everyone to get at least 1 vote
)

-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Vote: Number 4
(Closely followed by number 1)
(Closely followed by number 1)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
He could still get one (I hope). I'm giving honorary mentions for being our first ever entrantAce Pointer wrote:In case you don't know, Spoldey_Goat didn't got any votes.SuperAj3 wrote:Tomorrow's (16th) the last day for voting.Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
I might as well throw my vote in now, before it's too late(I really wanted everyone to get at least 1 vote
)
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Notice: TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE
By the end of the day voting will close and I'll begin tallying the scores.
EDIT: Still a few more hours to vote, folks! ATM It's about 15 to 6(pm) here, and I'll close them at Midnight.(So about 15 hours after this was initially posted)
By the end of the day voting will close and I'll begin tallying the scores.
EDIT: Still a few more hours to vote, folks! ATM It's about 15 to 6(pm) here, and I'll close them at Midnight.(So about 15 hours after this was initially posted)
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Behold! First ever triple post!!!
Sorry... I really had to go there! XD Anyway... Looking forward to see the winner of today's competition.
Sorry... I really had to go there! XD Anyway... Looking forward to see the winner of today's competition.

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
LOL Announcements warranted it 
Congrats again to Hessehl for winning! I look forward to the next comp! I can't wait to see what theme he picks!
Congrats again to Hessehl for winning! I look forward to the next comp! I can't wait to see what theme he picks!
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
I knew Hesshie would be the winner after some days of the vote. 
I guess it's time to lock the thread.
I guess it's time to lock the thread.

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Don't jump the gun just yet. I'll signal this thread's closure when Hessehl knows he's won and when he starts the next one.Ace Pointer wrote:I knew Hesshie would be the winner after some days of the vote.
I guess it's time to lock the thread.
-
Hesseldahl
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 327
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
- Custom Title: Scratch spriter
- Location: Mexico
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
I want to thank everyone for their votes!
I couldn't win this without you guys.
And don't worry about the next competition, I'm still organizing it.
Here's a small teaser about the new theme...

I couldn't win this without you guys.
And don't worry about the next competition, I'm still organizing it.
Here's a small teaser about the new theme...

-
milaza
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 76
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:00 am
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
:0 congrats to hessel! looking forward to the next one~
EDIT: waitwaitwait hold on, are we not reusing this thread?
EDIT: waitwaitwait hold on, are we not reusing this thread?
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
No, milaza. We won't be reusing the thread. There is a primary reason why.
Other than that, Congratulations, Hessel!
Other than that, Congratulations, Hessel!

-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
I was going to let the winner host the next one, so they can do so when they're ready. Things like counting votes can get clunky if it's all in one thread. If we had a polling service here we could easily use the one thread, but this way winners can make and edit their own threads and the previous one will be sent to the archives.milaza wrote::0 congrats to hessel! looking forward to the next one~
EDIT: waitwaitwait hold on, are we not reusing this thread?
I want to wait until Hessehl makes his thread and has copied and pasted the rules so that they're not lost. Then this thread will be locked.
-
TheDoctor
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
- Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
What? No Dia de los Muertos theme like you said in the Luck o' the Irish competition? I am disappoint. lol, jk.Hesseldahl wrote:I want to thank everyone for their votes!
I couldn't win this without you guys.
And don't worry about the next competition, I'm still organizing it.
Here's a small teaser about the new theme...




