Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ Bluecorp!

Post by mercurialSK »

...Yeah, I'm not going to make it. That's what happens when you fall into redesign XD

There's a bunch of cool entries though. Neat turnout for a first comp here :)
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ Bluecorp!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Sorry Merc, maybe next comp?

Other than that VOTING IS NOW OPEN! COME ONE COME ALL! THE FIRST SPRITE COMP VOTING WILL COMMENCE! :basil:
Voting will run for the next 2 weeks, and remember, you can't vote for yourself! :wellington:
ApolloRocks23
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:20 pm
Custom Title: Stop! What a minute!
Location: Going the Wright way

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ Bluecorp!

Post by ApolloRocks23 »

SuperAj3 wrote:Sorry Merc, maybe next comp?

Other than that VOTING IS NOW OPEN! COME ONE COME ALL! THE FIRST SPRITE COMP VOTING WILL COMMENCE! :basil:
Voting will run for the next 2 weeks, and remember, you can't vote for yourself! :wellington:
Woo Hoo! First comp. voting!
milaza
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:00 am
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by milaza »

ooh okay, I'll vote for Hesseldahl's (4) sprite! Because she looks really elegant and it does actually look like it would be from an AA game!
Nearavex
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm
Custom Title: Y'know

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Nearavex »

Voting for #4!

I must say, there's some real improvement in Hesseldahl's works - this one looks really amazing. :will:
 
ShiroForever
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:49 am
Custom Title: Ha ha! I died again!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by ShiroForever »

I really like the Maggey bluecorp outfit! I'll vote for #3 :edgey:
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

I vote for 4! Hesshie's sprite looks beautiful! :edgey:

Question: How come you didn't participated on your very own competition? :redd:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ace Pointer wrote:Question: How come you didn't participated on your very own competition? :redd:
Rules for hosts wrote:You CANNOT enter if you are hosting, but you can vote.
I made the Edgeworth in April's outfit as my example of what people could do.
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Hesseldahl »

I'm voting for 3.
I really like it! :gant:
Splodey_Goat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 pm
Custom Title: I like to pretend I can art.
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Splodey_Goat »

One more vote for Hesseldahl.
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Ropfa »

Hesseldahl for me
Backburner26
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Backburner26 »

I vote 5, He looks badass
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/
ImageImage
(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
Mr. Onizuka
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:13 pm
Custom Title: Writer

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

I vote Hesseldahl. Besides it looking awesome, it's a full sheet! Amazing work!
Avatar by Kristin Ridgley
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

I wonder how many votes Hesshie has got lately. (Probably 5-7) No love for Spoldey_Goat. :sadshoe:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Hesseldahl »

6 exactly. :-P
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing. :gant:
Splodey_Goat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 pm
Custom Title: I like to pretend I can art.
Location: Bismarck, North Dakota

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Splodey_Goat »

Hesseldahl wrote:6 exactly. :-P
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing. :gant:
Oh, definitely, I jumped the gun. I'm not feeling bad about anything cause everybody else here definitely deserves the love their getting :bellboy:. Happy to get to say I submitted the first contest sprite but next month I won't jump in so quick and submit something that might actually be able to compete '.';
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Splodey_Goat wrote:
Hesseldahl wrote:6 exactly. :-P
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing. :gant:
Oh, definitely, I jumped the gun. I'm not feeling bad about anything cause everybody else here definitely deserves the love their getting :bellboy:. Happy to get to say I submitted the first contest sprite but next month I won't jump in so quick and submit something that might actually be able to compete '.';
You made history being the first ever entry into the monthly sprite comps! That's an achievement! :gant:
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

I thought Spoldey_Goat was unhappy that he isn't getting any votes. Oh, and Mij, you're right in that spot that Spoldey got the achievement of being the first entry in the competition. :redd:

By the way, if double-voting was allowed, I'd vote for milaza as well. His sprite looks pretty cute. But I sincerely doubt it. (I think people can only vote one spriter, I guess.) :welly:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ace Pointer wrote:I thought Spoldey_Goat was unhappy that he isn't getting any votes. Oh, and Mij, you're right in that spot that Spoldey got the achievement of being the first entry in the competition. :redd:

By the way, if double-voting was allowed, I'd vote for milaza as well. His sprite looks pretty cute. But I sincerely doubt it. (I think people can only vote one spriter, I guess.) :welly:
AAO allows you to vote for 2 people, but our spriting community here is a lot smaller, and we only had 5 entrants, so I thought 1 vote per person would work. I am seeing it is a little unfair, but it's too late now. (To be honest, hosting this I've come to like all the entries! I'm waiting until the last day to cast my vote because I'm mentally deliberating who should get a vote XD)

Maybe next comp we could have 2 votes per person, (depending on how many votes/voters there are) Or maybe in the last 3 days I can open it to a 2nd vote per person? Like "Turnabout voting" XD :simon: (That might make things uneven, but I'll hear your opinions on this before acting).

Also, it's only 6 more days until voting closes. I've been keeping a tally, but I'll wait until the end to share the results!
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

@SuperAj3: Hmm... A User voting 2 Spriters could be great in the next competition. :notes:

Other than that, ♫ iittt'ss voottee couuuuunnnnnnttttttiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg tttiiiiimmmmmeeeee! ♫ :scientific:
Vote Counter wrote: Spoldey_Goat = 0
SilverGS = 0
milaza = 2
Hesseldahl = 6
Ropfa = 1
Although the voting session didn't ended, this is the total amount of votes now. Hmm... I think I should count the total amount of votes too when the last day to vote a spriter comes. Would be pretty interesting. Especially if Mij plans to write down a Vote Counting "thing" in the first post in this thread... :godot:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Thanks Ace, but I didn't mention the counter just to keep the suspense. :simon:
I've been writing it all down myself, so provided people don't change their vote, what I've written is accurate. I will recount again after votes close just incase.
Backburner26
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Backburner26 »

When do the votes finish Mij?
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/
ImageImage
(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
16 or 17 May. :yummy:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Even though, Hesshie's sprite being very simple here gets all the love for some very odd reason. Even from me.

JAZZ TIME! :jazzedgy:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
Tomorrow's (16th) the last day for voting.

I might as well throw my vote in now, before it's too late :hotti: (I really wanted everyone to get at least 1 vote :adrian: )
I couldn't pick who I should vote for, because every entry I loved because I was happy people wanted to participate, so I asked my mum :shoe:

Her favourite was 2, so there's my vote XD

Also, next comp, everyone can vote for 2 of their favourites. I see now why that's the case on AAO, will update the rules after voting closes.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

SuperAj3 wrote:
Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
Tomorrow's (16th) the last day for voting.

I might as well throw my vote in now, before it's too late :hotti: (I really wanted everyone to get at least 1 vote :adrian: )
In case you don't know, Spoldey_Goat didn't got any votes. :two-faced:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by Pierre »

Vote: Number 4

(Closely followed by number 1)
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ace Pointer wrote:
SuperAj3 wrote:
Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
Tomorrow's (16th) the last day for voting.

I might as well throw my vote in now, before it's too late :hotti: (I really wanted everyone to get at least 1 vote :adrian: )
In case you don't know, Spoldey_Goat didn't got any votes. :two-faced:
He could still get one (I hope). I'm giving honorary mentions for being our first ever entrant :edgey:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Notice: TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE
By the end of the day voting will close and I'll begin tallying the scores.

EDIT: Still a few more hours to vote, folks! ATM It's about 15 to 6(pm) here, and I'll close them at Midnight.(So about 15 hours after this was initially posted)
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ LAST DAY!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Voting is closed! Results will be up shortly!
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Behold! First ever triple post!!! :ron-jazz:

Sorry... I really had to go there! XD Anyway... Looking forward to see the winner of today's competition. :trucy:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by SuperAj3 »

LOL Announcements warranted it :sillytrucy:
Congrats again to Hessehl for winning! I look forward to the next comp! I can't wait to see what theme he picks!
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

I knew Hesshie would be the winner after some days of the vote. :sahwit:

I guess it's time to lock the thread. :edgeworth:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ace Pointer wrote:I knew Hesshie would be the winner after some days of the vote. :sahwit:

I guess it's time to lock the thread. :edgeworth:
Don't jump the gun just yet. I'll signal this thread's closure when Hessehl knows he's won and when he starts the next one.
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by Hesseldahl »

I want to thank everyone for their votes!
I couldn't win this without you guys.
And don't worry about the next competition, I'm still organizing it.
Here's a small teaser about the new theme...
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by SuperAj3 »

Congrats Hessehl! I look forward to what you're working on!
milaza
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:00 am
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by milaza »

:0 congrats to hessel! looking forward to the next one~

EDIT: waitwaitwait hold on, are we not reusing this thread?
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

No, milaza. We won't be reusing the thread. There is a primary reason why.

Other than that, Congratulations, Hessel! :wave:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by SuperAj3 »

milaza wrote::0 congrats to hessel! looking forward to the next one~

EDIT: waitwaitwait hold on, are we not reusing this thread?
I was going to let the winner host the next one, so they can do so when they're ready. Things like counting votes can get clunky if it's all in one thread. If we had a polling service here we could easily use the one thread, but this way winners can make and edit their own threads and the previous one will be sent to the archives.

I want to wait until Hessehl makes his thread and has copied and pasted the rules so that they're not lost. Then this thread will be locked.
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!

Post by TheDoctor »

Hesseldahl wrote:I want to thank everyone for their votes!
I couldn't win this without you guys.
And don't worry about the next competition, I'm still organizing it.
Here's a small teaser about the new theme...
Image
What? No Dia de los Muertos theme like you said in the Luck o' the Irish competition? I am disappoint. lol, jk.
Image
Post Reply