For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:22 am
Pol74698 wrote: About the Edgeworth emo sprite (grabbing his arm. He does that a LOT in AA, sometimes for no reason...) you could help yourself with his original determined AAI sprite. Just a suggestion.
Is this for the face? Yeah I scratch-sprited that pose, but I guess if it needs an update I could get around to it?
EDIT: I had a look, and none of his sprites have his head facing that direction, so that'd be hard to warp.
Tilemahosbra
Decisive Witness
Posts: 158 Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm
Custom Title: *wonk*
Location: I moved under your bed now
Contact:
Post
by Tilemahosbra » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:20 pm
SuperAj3 wrote: Pol74698 wrote: About the Edgeworth emo sprite (grabbing his arm. He does that a LOT in AA, sometimes for no reason...) you could help yourself with his original determined AAI sprite. Just a suggestion.
Is this for the face? Yeah I scratch-sprited that pose, but I guess if it needs an update I could get around to it?
EDIT: I had a look, and none of his sprites have his head facing that direction, so that'd be hard to warp.
I think he meant something like this:
yes
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:39 pm
Hmm, the neck looks too twisted to me. If it really needs a revamp I'll just redraw the face. Maybe use the official sprites and warp it.
EDIT: Seeing that sprite on my laptop, it looks fine that way! I might touch it up and animate it in my free time.
Last edited by
SuperAj3 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:54 am
Mimi smiley!!!
Once again here's the code to use it:
Code: Select all
[img]http://i.imgur.com/pbSuIrf.gif[/img]
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113 Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain
Post
by ohzaru97 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:31 pm
SuperAj3 wrote: Mimi smiley!!!
Once again here's the code to use it:
Code: Select all
[img]http://i.imgur.com/pbSuIrf.gif[/img]
It's so cute boss!good job!
I thinked that now It will be Ema Skye sprite time,you know,you love her,jajaja xD
I need to draw her again...
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:18 am
Thanks Ohza! And haha, I should do some more drawings of Ema. I forgot how much I liked her in AJ.
On another note... Here's a Nayuta smiley!
Code: Select all
[img]http://i.imgur.com/CTNO0er.gif[/img]
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113 Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain
Post
by ohzaru97 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:31 am
SuperAj3 wrote: Thanks Ohza! And haha, I should do some more drawings of Ema. I forgot how much I liked her in AJ.
On another note... Here's a Nayuta smiley!
Code: Select all
[img]http://i.imgur.com/CTNO0er.gif[/img]
it's amazing!
how do you make them?xD
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:07 am
ohzaru97 wrote: SuperAj3 wrote: Thanks Ohza! And haha, I should do some more drawings of Ema. I forgot how much I liked her in AJ.
On another note... Here's a Nayuta smiley!
Code: Select all
[img]http://i.imgur.com/CTNO0er.gif[/img]
it's amazing!
how do you make them?xD
Thanks!
I sprite most of it pixel-by-pixel but with the hair I'll get the official art, then cut the hair out and shrink it to fit the smiley, then clean it up.
Pol74698
Suspect
Posts: 17 Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:29 pm
Post
by Pol74698 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:04 pm
Tilemahosbra wrote: SuperAj3 wrote: Pol74698 wrote: About the Edgeworth emo sprite (grabbing his arm. He does that a LOT in AA, sometimes for no reason...) you could help yourself with his original determined AAI sprite. Just a suggestion.
Is this for the face? Yeah I scratch-sprited that pose, but I guess if it needs an update I could get around to it?
EDIT: I had a look, and none of his sprites have his head facing that direction, so that'd be hard to warp.
I think he meant something like this:
Well, I'll be damned. That's it!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:18 pm
Haha, Well thanks Tile for helping out Pol!
Seeing everyone spriting again's getting me really revved up to do some myself! I decided, "screw study tonight, I wanna sprite" XD
This started as my entry for the AAO sprite comp but sort of ended up looking like something else, so I rolled with it XD I might finish it off on the weekend.
EDIT: I finished off the sprite: I tried 2 different looks
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:48 am
I've started working on my entry for the AAO sprite comp!
Here's the rough. Still have to clean 'n colour:
I loved the comment Nuri made about designing Susato, with the "realistic but impossible hairdo" and so I wanted to try that myself XD
I also finished that sprite I was working on earlier, I added it to the post above!
EDIT: Done the base colouring, what do you guys think?
Tilemahosbra
Decisive Witness
Posts: 158 Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm
Custom Title: *wonk*
Location: I moved under your bed now
Contact:
Post
by Tilemahosbra » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:48 pm
Aww, she looks adorable.
yes
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:45 pm
Thanks! I finished her sprite:
(Made it a little smaller just because I think it was too large before XD)
Hesseldahl
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327 Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
Custom Title: Scratch spriter
Location: Mexico
Contact:
Post
by Hesseldahl » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:08 am
I really like it! It's a very unique take on the kurain style.
ApolloGrimoire
Decisive Witness
Posts: 272 Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm
Custom Title: Seasoned Animator
Post
by ApolloGrimoire » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:55 am
Beautiful.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout:
Trial Former ,
Trial Latter
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:43 am
Hesseldahl wrote: I really like it! It's a very unique take on the kurain style.
Thanks Hesshie! It was a bit of a mix between Leifa's design and more traditional Japanese styles (Like the hair and adding an Obi).
ApolloGrimoire wrote: Beautiful.
Thanks!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:08 am
I made this sprite just messing around with Matt Engarde's hair.
It's Creeps McGee!
Tilemahosbra
Decisive Witness
Posts: 158 Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm
Custom Title: *wonk*
Location: I moved under your bed now
Contact:
Post
by Tilemahosbra » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:00 pm
"Hey duuuude... Want some caaaaandddyyyyyyyy? "
yes
Mr. C
Prosecutor
Posts: 935 Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm
Custom Title: Previously Cardiovore
Location: England
Post
by Mr. C » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:47 am
Fantastic! I love the shading on the folds of the jacket especially.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:33 pm
Tilemahosbra wrote: "Hey duuuude... Want some caaaaandddyyyyyyyy? "
*In the back alleyway of a shady city*
Cardiovore wrote: Fantastic! I love the shading on the folds of the jacket especially.
Thanks! This was just a quick edit of Matt and Wocky, so most of those folds weren't done by me XD (I just edited out the details
)
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:33 am
Pol74698 wrote: Well, I'll be damned. That's it!
I know it's late, but I animated the pose in that style:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:54 pm
Triple post, but I think it's warranted.
I made a sprite of Russi! From the AA Manga:
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113 Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain
Post
by ohzaru97 » Sat May 07, 2016 8:40 pm
SuperAj3 wrote: Triple post, but I think it's warranted.
I made a sprite of Russi! From the AA Manga:
Your last works looks so nice!good job boss!
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:20 am
Thanks Ohza!
Also, new stuff!
Currently working on a revamp of my first OC Kendall Doherty (or Ken Do for short!)
EDIT: It's finished!
Old:
New:
Finally he's been brought up to par with the others!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:03 am
Made a new pose! I might animate a set later on when I get more time
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113 Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain
Post
by ohzaru97 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:39 pm
SuperAj3 wrote: Made a new pose! I might animate a set later on when I get more time
Wow! What a revamp!good job!I like it!
But I think you can make a bit better the right arm, It looks a bit worse (rare, you know xD )
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:42 pm
ohzaru97 wrote: SuperAj3 wrote: Made a new pose! I might animate a set later on when I get more time
Wow! What a revamp!good job!I like it!
But I think you can make a bit better the right arm, It looks a bit worse (rare, you know xD )
Thanks! And yeah that arm was hard to draw on that angle XD I just left if as is because if I touched it any more it would've looked worse XD
I'm gonna touch it up when I animate them (there are some shading issues I noticed too I need to fix). I might find a reference of a drawing on that angle to mimic the arm's position.
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113 Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain
Post
by ohzaru97 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:49 pm
jajaja I see xD
I can search you a reference for that pose if you want :D
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:51 pm
If you want then sure! Thanks!
I used the AJ Nick sprites (Hobo Nick) as a reference before, but the body shapes are different. His arms stuck out a little more. Maybe later when I have time I'll mess around with this sprite and see what looks right XD
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:50 am
ohzaru97 wrote: jajaja I see xD
I can search you a reference for that pose if you want :D
No need to search for a reference. VirtAnderson on AAO gave me some amazing help with fixing up the sprite!
Here's the revamp of the revamp!
Gonna use
this now as the base for the sprites!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Sun May 22, 2016 2:07 pm
Working on another revamp!
Guess the character:
I'm trying to envision how he'd look in the AJ era.
EDIT: Final version (with both hair colours)
Also... 9 MORE COMMENTS AND THIS PAGE HITS 1000!
I might open up some requests after my exams end to celebrate!
Just single sprites though, sets might be too demanding
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113 Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain
Post
by ohzaru97 » Tue May 24, 2016 8:37 am
SuperAj3 wrote: Working on another revamp!
Guess the character:
I'm trying to envision how he'd look in the AJ era.
EDIT: Final version (with both hair colours)
Also... 9 MORE COMMENTS AND THIS PAGE HITS 1000!
I might open up some requests after my exams end to celebrate!
Just single sprites though, sets might be too demanding
IT NEEDS MORE WHITE!(?)
nah,it was a joke xD
He looks amazing!you're improving so much in your last sprites,seriously!
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:26 am
Last edited by
SuperAj3 on Tue May 24, 2016 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113 Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain
Post
by ohzaru97 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:33 am
your sketch needs more white,ALL NEEDS WHITE(?) xD
And the second pose is cool! (I love the galsses xD)
but I think you should fix his body...he looks a bit... thin, I mean in his left part, you know xD
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:35 am
Yeah I realised that and when I tried editing it it just looked weird. It's the way I've drawn the jacket.
I'll give it some edits and see how it turns out!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:41 am
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113 Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain
Post
by ohzaru97 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:46 am
it looks better! good job!
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:41 pm
A new sprite! And of a new OC too!
Her name's Macie DeChryme:
I'm not sure about her back story, but Her name is a quickly made up pun on "May see the crime" XD
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113 Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain
Post
by ohzaru97 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:49 pm
SuperAj3 wrote: A new sprite! And of a new OC too!
Her name's Macie DeChryme:
I'm not sure about her back story, but Her name is a quickly made up pun on "May see the crime" XD
she looks so good!good job in this sprite!!
and I love how you make that pun with her name jajaja xD
I need to work in Ohzaru's set... xD
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288 Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites
Post
by SuperAj3 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:54 pm
Thanks Ohza! (You appeared out of nowhere! XD)
I need to get back into making more pun-names for characters XD they're fun!
I updated the shading on her face a little (what looks better?):
ALSO!
WE DID IT FOLKS!
Expect something once I finish all my assessments!