Favourite Thing about AAI?

Come Gumshoe, the game, 'Ace Attorney Investigations', is afoot.
MoonRaven
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm
Custom Title: Red string of fate tied me to manilla
Location: ELO

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by MoonRaven »

Oh, yes! I also like that third person point of the instead of the first person's.
CoolFencer
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:17 am
Custom Title: I am the swordsman of justice!
Location: USA

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by CoolFencer »

MoonRaven wrote:Favourite thing? Raymond Shields and flashback case with Gregory Edgeworth
Definitely my favorite part of AA2. Playing as Gregory is just awesome, I know he's not the deepest charecter or anything like that but he's one of my favorites just because you see he clearly loves his job and cares about the truth, the games always said he was a role model for Edegy and now we can see why. Oh and the fedora!
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth
Lone
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 175
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:57 am
Location: Japan

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Lone »

Might be a weird one, but I like how characters always face left or right instead of directly at you. I also enjoy how we can have multiple characters facing each other, making it feel more like a conversation than in the main series games.
CoolFencer
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:17 am
Custom Title: I am the swordsman of justice!
Location: USA

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by CoolFencer »

lonechallenger wrote:Might be a weird one, but I like how characters always face left or right instead of directly at you. I also enjoy how we can have multiple characters facing each other, making it feel more like a conversation than in the main series games.
That's not weird that's normal I totally agree with you on that one
I was trying to think of a question while I was objecting, I didn't
- Edgeworth
Nurio
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Custom Title: A Kirby and AA fan
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Nurio »

Planetbox wrote:I think one of my favorite things about Investigations may be the ability to walk around in a top-down perspective! Especially because this lets me do my FAVORITE thing, wasting three minutes by running into a wall.
Oh goodness... The amount of time I spent just walking to the beat/melody of the background music... It literally must've been at least an hour total.
Image
Cofftea
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:07 pm
Custom Title: *scribble scribble*

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Cofftea »

Thing I love in AAI: :edgeworth:

Definitely the Logic feature (Logic Chess is a yes, but I'm rather fond of simple Logic). I also enjoyed the dynamic between Edgeworth and Franziska. And playing as Gregory in AAI2.

Also, the judge talking about his senile adventures in the bathroom.
"People are like books. We've all got a front and a back. You get my drift?"
Myah
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:46 pm
Custom Title: Desk Slammin Extraordinaire
Location: Scotland

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Myah »

Running around the courtroom and forcing baby Franziska to chase me.

Never gets old.
Planetbox
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm
Custom Title: ASCEND
Location: The Other Side of Paradise

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Planetbox »

I think young Franziska might actually be one of my favorite things in that game.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Avatar from over here probably
cookielawyer
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:06 pm
Custom Title: Let's do this!
Location: Germany

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by cookielawyer »

Walking
EdgeworthxOldbag
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:27 pm
Custom Title: I can't be the only one with this ship?

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by EdgeworthxOldbag »

Love how the mini sprites look like the big ones.
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Southern Corn »

Music and presentation are godly.

In the sequel the story and characters appeal to me more though
Image
Image
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Southern Corn »

Been a while but after replaying Case 5 I've found a hilariously bad moment which kinda fits?
Spoiler: Case 5
It's the opening and the damn fake out.

"You...you accursed Yatagarasu..! Kay! You..!"

That's what's said in the opening. But once the case start and the fire breaks out you finally realise what he was going to say.

"Kay! You..! You better be alright!"

What a terrible fake out,lol.
Image
Image
Moddragon22
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:01 am
Custom Title: Ultimate Godot Fan

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Moddragon22 »

Southern Corn wrote:Been a while but after replaying Case 5 I've found a hilariously bad moment which kinda fits?
Spoiler: Case 5
It's the opening and the damn fake out.

"You...you accursed Yatagarasu..! Kay! You..!"

That's what's said in the opening. But once the case start and the fire breaks out you finally realise what he was going to say.

"Kay! You..! You better be alright!"

What a terrible fake out,lol.
It would have been interesting if the game
Spoiler: Turnabout Ablaze
made Edgeworth turn on Kay.
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." -Godot, 2019.
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Southern Corn »

I know,but instead it's the best of worst of fake outs,if that makes any sense. It's really stupid,and I love it.
Image
Image
TrialsxTribulations
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:25 am
Location: Office

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by TrialsxTribulations »

My favorite thing about this game is that it focused on Miles Edgeworth — and the new gameplay mechanics such as Logic.

The main story was good as well.
”My bars passed the bar exam, no law school”
Lil Wayne 2013
CourtCase301
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:08 pm
Custom Title: Ace Attorney Megafan

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by CourtCase301 »

Definitely Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, if someone turns Lying Coldly on, I will dance.

Or maybe Justine Courtney/Verity Gavelle. She's awesome. I want a whole case dedicated to her.

Or maybe The Wet Turnabout, a GK fancase I made inspired by the Is Water Wet debate

There are so many good things about it.
Post Reply