Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this] vote

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by HeroMan66475 »

yes it was extended to the 5th february.
5 more days will not hurt.
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Darth Wiader »

I have my favourite entry, but I decided to participate anyway:

Image

Kusuo Saiki from The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. manga&anime.

Image

Wiki quote (because I'm too tired to write my own description): Kusuo Saiki is a high school student who was born with all manner of psychic abilities, including telepathy, psychokinesis, teleportation, and more. Despite having all these powers, Saiki faces all kinds of hardships and tries to avoid attention as much as possible.
Last edited by Darth Wiader on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by HeroMan66475 »

adding it as we speak
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by HeroMan66475 »

two days left until the voting.
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Darth Wiader »

I fixed a typo in my description (I was apparently too tired to write correctly the word "too" :yogi:).
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by SuperAj3 »

Eyy Saiki! (I think it was you that got me into the anime, Darth! Have you seen season 2 yet?)
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Darth Wiader »

Have you seen season 2 yet?
Yeah, I watch it progressively.
Image
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Lind »

Saiki Kusuo's the tits.

Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by SuperAj3 »

Lind wrote:Saiki Kusuo's the tits.

Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
Didn't someone do a character from Diamond is Unbreakable in a past comp? You could look at theirs? (But yeah the shading in Jojo's really detailed, and the anatomy's equally as accentuated)
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Lind »

SuperAj3 wrote:
Lind wrote:Saiki Kusuo's the tits.

Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
Didn't someone do a character from Diamond is Unbreakable in a past comp? You could look at theirs? (But yeah the shading in Jojo's really detailed, and the anatomy's equally as accentuated)
Can't see one in the OP's contest links, but if that exists I'd love to see it.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by SuperAj3 »

http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 5&start=17
(They entered 2 sprites, but ended up picking the 2nd as their entry)
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by HeroMan66475 »

I actually attempted to make a prosecutor Kakyoin sprite (that's what helped inspire this contest in the first place alongside Ruby Rose Ace Attorney) but i left it be because it was extremeley difficult to merge klaver's sprite... with Phoenix's suit.
The jojo shading is extremely detailed but you could simply use normal shading for the sprite, we are ace attorney-ising the characters, no?
But anyway, i'm still excited to see the sprite... but today is the final day.
i was supposed to start the spriting... but i'm gonna extend for about 5 more days to give you a chance, lind.
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Lind »

SuperAj3 wrote:http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31895&start=17
(They entered 2 sprites, but ended up picking the 2nd as their entry)
Ah, that explains it. Still, it uses more traditionally AA shading, and I'd rather make it look closer to JoJos canon. Some of the AJ sprites have shading more in line with that. Will probably at least finish the Joseph one, made some decent progress on that. Jolyne is my favourite JoJo but the lack of workable female sprite bases makes her far harder to frankensprite.
HeroMan66475 wrote:i was supposed to start the spriting... but i'm gonna extend for about 5 more days to give you a chance, lind.
Thank you. Probably won't take the entire time. I have Thursday and Friday off of work, so I'll definitely get it done one way or another.
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by HeroMan66475 »

the time limit has been updated.
10 more days has been added.
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Darth Wiader »

Two days left, Lind. If I don't see Joseph, I'll be greatly disappointed ;).
Image
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Lind »

Darth Wiader wrote:Two days left, Lind. If I don't see Joseph, I'll be greatly disappointed ;).
You're not gonna see Joseph. I already established that.

EDIT: Just so we're clear, you're definitely getting something. Just not Joseph.

EDI2: The core of it is basically done, just needs some finer detail. I'll finish it after work tomorrow since it's already frickin' 2AM here.

Have a teaser. Points to anyone who can figure out who it is.

Image
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Darth Wiader »

Points to anyone who can figure out who it is.
The hat reminds me of Heisenberg a bit, but I doubt this is a correct answer.
Image
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Ropfa »

Darth Wiader wrote:
Points to anyone who can figure out who it is.
The hat reminds me of Heisenberg a bit, but I doubt this is a correct answer.
I actually think that might be it.
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Lind »

Spoiler: SAY MY NAME.
Image
Image

Walter White, AKA Heisenberg, from Breaking Bad. More specifically his season 2 appearance.
Last edited by Lind on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Darth Wiader »

Yeah, Mr. White! I was right after all. Don't forget to add the mugshot and info about where he comes from to meet the conditions set by OP.
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by SuperAj3 »

“The zero gravity’s the only thing stopping the cancer from eating me alive~”
(oh wait, wrong reference)
Awesome sprite!
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Southern Corn »

Sweet! Is that Deid Mann's moustache I see?

Anyway, we can finally start voting now, which I'm relieved about.
Image
Image
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Lind »

Darth Wiader wrote:Yeah, Mr. White! I was right after all. Don't forget to add the mugshot and info about where he comes from to meet the conditions set by OP.
Oh, shit. I don't have access to a computer for 7 hours.

EDIT: Okay done
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by HeroMan66475 »

Okay it's voting time.
Lind will have to add all the information possible for it to be entered into the OP.
Just post the mugshot of whom you want to vote for.
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Southern Corn »

I mean…

Image

Who wouldn't, right?
Image
Image
Blizdi
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1356
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
Custom Title: Mia Payne
Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Blizdi »

Image

Literally can't not choose this one
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Ropfa »

Not gonna vote, since I'm participating, but I just wanted to say good job to everyone else in here. These are all definitely well put-together sprites. I'm impressed.
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Darth Wiader »

But why isn't Mr. White in the OP???

I've had my favourite, but now I must think it over. The choice is agonizing. Everyone's did great.
Image
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Lind »

HeroMan66475 wrote:Lind will have to add all the information possible for it to be entered into the OP.
...But I already did.
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by HeroMan66475 »

Mr White has been added to the OP.

[quote=Ropfa]Not gonna vote, since I'm participating.[/quote]

You can still vote for the other participants though...
just not yourself.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by SuperAj3 »

Wait voting started? (Maybe update the title of the thread so more people know)

Anywho, here's my vote!
Image
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Darth Wiader »

After a tough struggle, my vote goes to...

Image
Image
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Ropfa »

SuperAj3 wrote:(Maybe update the title of the thread so more people know)
^ What he said
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Lind »

OK so honestly every single sprite is great. After much deliberation...

Image

Ironically my least favourite character portrayed here, but I adore that spritework.
Last edited by Lind on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by HeroMan66475 »

title change to let people now voting has started.

also:
Image
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Southern Corn »

So when does voting end?
Image
Image
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by HeroMan66475 »

When enough people have voted
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Southern Corn »

So how much is enough people?
Image
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by SuperAj3 »

Voting should normally take about 2 weeks, so I'm gonna guess by March 2nd, "enough" people have voted XD
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Post by Lind »

You should really set a finite date. It's be easy to force a desired outcome if one isn't set - you'd just need to time it so your choice has a lead (assuming it ever gains one, still too early to tell if there's a clear winner here).
Post Reply