Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this] vote
-
HeroMan66475
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
- Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
- Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
yes it was extended to the 5th february.
5 more days will not hurt.
5 more days will not hurt.
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
I have my favourite entry, but I decided to participate anyway:

Kusuo Saiki from The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. manga&anime.

Wiki quote (because I'm too tired to write my own description): Kusuo Saiki is a high school student who was born with all manner of psychic abilities, including telepathy, psychokinesis, teleportation, and more. Despite having all these powers, Saiki faces all kinds of hardships and tries to avoid attention as much as possible.

Kusuo Saiki from The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. manga&anime.

Wiki quote (because I'm too tired to write my own description): Kusuo Saiki is a high school student who was born with all manner of psychic abilities, including telepathy, psychokinesis, teleportation, and more. Despite having all these powers, Saiki faces all kinds of hardships and tries to avoid attention as much as possible.
Last edited by Darth Wiader on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
HeroMan66475
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
- Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
- Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
adding it as we speak
-
HeroMan66475
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
- Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
- Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
two days left until the voting.
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
I fixed a typo in my description (I was apparently too tired to write correctly the word "too"
).
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Eyy Saiki! (I think it was you that got me into the anime, Darth! Have you seen season 2 yet?)
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Yeah, I watch it progressively.Have you seen season 2 yet?
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Saiki Kusuo's the tits.
Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Didn't someone do a character from Diamond is Unbreakable in a past comp? You could look at theirs? (But yeah the shading in Jojo's really detailed, and the anatomy's equally as accentuated)Lind wrote:Saiki Kusuo's the tits.
Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Can't see one in the OP's contest links, but if that exists I'd love to see it.SuperAj3 wrote:Didn't someone do a character from Diamond is Unbreakable in a past comp? You could look at theirs? (But yeah the shading in Jojo's really detailed, and the anatomy's equally as accentuated)Lind wrote:Saiki Kusuo's the tits.
Originally tried to make Joseph Joestar and then Jolyne Kujo, but trying to get the JoJos shading style to work in Ace Attorney sprite style is an absolute nightmare and eventually I abandoned both. I've got something else in the works, can probably get it finished in time. It's looking pretty good so far.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... 5&start=17
(They entered 2 sprites, but ended up picking the 2nd as their entry)
(They entered 2 sprites, but ended up picking the 2nd as their entry)
-
HeroMan66475
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
- Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
- Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
I actually attempted to make a prosecutor Kakyoin sprite (that's what helped inspire this contest in the first place alongside Ruby Rose Ace Attorney) but i left it be because it was extremeley difficult to merge klaver's sprite... with Phoenix's suit.
The jojo shading is extremely detailed but you could simply use normal shading for the sprite, we are ace attorney-ising the characters, no?
But anyway, i'm still excited to see the sprite... but today is the final day.
i was supposed to start the spriting... but i'm gonna extend for about 5 more days to give you a chance, lind.
The jojo shading is extremely detailed but you could simply use normal shading for the sprite, we are ace attorney-ising the characters, no?
But anyway, i'm still excited to see the sprite... but today is the final day.
i was supposed to start the spriting... but i'm gonna extend for about 5 more days to give you a chance, lind.
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Ah, that explains it. Still, it uses more traditionally AA shading, and I'd rather make it look closer to JoJos canon. Some of the AJ sprites have shading more in line with that. Will probably at least finish the Joseph one, made some decent progress on that. Jolyne is my favourite JoJo but the lack of workable female sprite bases makes her far harder to frankensprite.SuperAj3 wrote:http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=31895&start=17
(They entered 2 sprites, but ended up picking the 2nd as their entry)
Thank you. Probably won't take the entire time. I have Thursday and Friday off of work, so I'll definitely get it done one way or another.HeroMan66475 wrote:i was supposed to start the spriting... but i'm gonna extend for about 5 more days to give you a chance, lind.
-
HeroMan66475
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
- Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
- Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
the time limit has been updated.
10 more days has been added.
10 more days has been added.
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Two days left, Lind. If I don't see Joseph, I'll be greatly disappointed ;).
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
You're not gonna see Joseph. I already established that.Darth Wiader wrote:Two days left, Lind. If I don't see Joseph, I'll be greatly disappointed ;).
EDIT: Just so we're clear, you're definitely getting something. Just not Joseph.
EDI2: The core of it is basically done, just needs some finer detail. I'll finish it after work tomorrow since it's already frickin' 2AM here.
Have a teaser. Points to anyone who can figure out who it is.

-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
The hat reminds me of Heisenberg a bit, but I doubt this is a correct answer.Points to anyone who can figure out who it is.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
I actually think that might be it.Darth Wiader wrote:The hat reminds me of Heisenberg a bit, but I doubt this is a correct answer.Points to anyone who can figure out who it is.
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Spoiler: SAY MY NAME.
Last edited by Lind on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Yeah, Mr. White! I was right after all. Don't forget to add the mugshot and info about where he comes from to meet the conditions set by OP.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
“The zero gravity’s the only thing stopping the cancer from eating me alive~”
(oh wait, wrong reference)
Awesome sprite!
(oh wait, wrong reference)
Awesome sprite!
-
Southern Corn
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4741
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
- Custom Title: Happy Maria
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Sweet! Is that Deid Mann's moustache I see?
Anyway, we can finally start voting now, which I'm relieved about.
Anyway, we can finally start voting now, which I'm relieved about.
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Oh, shit. I don't have access to a computer for 7 hours.Darth Wiader wrote:Yeah, Mr. White! I was right after all. Don't forget to add the mugshot and info about where he comes from to meet the conditions set by OP.
EDIT: Okay done
-
HeroMan66475
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
- Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
- Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Okay it's voting time.
Lind will have to add all the information possible for it to be entered into the OP.
Just post the mugshot of whom you want to vote for.
Lind will have to add all the information possible for it to be entered into the OP.
Just post the mugshot of whom you want to vote for.
-
Southern Corn
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4741
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
- Custom Title: Happy Maria
-
Blizdi
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1356
- Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:11 am
- Custom Title: Mia Payne
- Location: Winning All My God Damn Cases
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]

Literally can't not choose this one
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Not gonna vote, since I'm participating, but I just wanted to say good job to everyone else in here. These are all definitely well put-together sprites. I'm impressed.
-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
But why isn't Mr. White in the OP???
I've had my favourite, but now I must think it over. The choice is agonizing. Everyone's did great.
I've had my favourite, but now I must think it over. The choice is agonizing. Everyone's did great.
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
...But I already did.HeroMan66475 wrote:Lind will have to add all the information possible for it to be entered into the OP.
-
HeroMan66475
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
- Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
- Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Mr White has been added to the OP.
[quote=Ropfa]Not gonna vote, since I'm participating.[/quote]
You can still vote for the other participants though...
just not yourself.
[quote=Ropfa]Not gonna vote, since I'm participating.[/quote]
You can still vote for the other participants though...
just not yourself.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Wait voting started? (Maybe update the title of the thread so more people know)
Anywho, here's my vote!

Anywho, here's my vote!

-
Darth Wiader
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 367
- Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
After a tough struggle, my vote goes to...


-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
^ What he saidSuperAj3 wrote:(Maybe update the title of the thread so more people know)
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
OK so honestly every single sprite is great. After much deliberation...

Ironically my least favourite character portrayed here, but I adore that spritework.

Ironically my least favourite character portrayed here, but I adore that spritework.
Last edited by Lind on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
HeroMan66475
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
- Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
- Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
title change to let people now voting has started.
also:

also:

-
Southern Corn
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4741
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
- Custom Title: Happy Maria
-
HeroMan66475
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 325
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
- Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
- Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
When enough people have voted
-
Southern Corn
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4741
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
- Custom Title: Happy Maria
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
Voting should normally take about 2 weeks, so I'm gonna guess by March 2nd, "enough" people have voted XD
-
Lind
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 5484
- Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
- Custom Title: i feel pretty
- Location: Milton Keynes, England
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! [title too long for this]
You should really set a finite date. It's be easy to force a desired outcome if one isn't set - you'd just need to time it so your choice has a lead (assuming it ever gains one, still too early to tell if there's a clear winner here).






