The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

For threads on Gyakuten Saiban 3
Post Reply
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

Sebastian, thanks! :)

The wait for this game is killing me, but I'm waiting by playing PW1 again.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
CFZero
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:04 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by CFZero »

Guess_Who wrote:No, that only works on the Japanese mode.

Unless they changed it from the previous two games?


It worked in english mode as well... I was expecting the Japanese mode to only accept the GS3 insert and found it to unlock everything in both modes. So maybe its only availible in the japanese cartridge and wont be in the english one that comes out in October
Demonic Defense
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:42 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Demonic Defense »

Spoiler:
When you have to present evidence to prove that the blackmail could really hurt Ron:
Present wrong evidence:
:udgy: Looks like the defense was just playing with himself.
:phoenix: [Can you please rephrase that, Your Honor? For my sake?]
Ally-Oop!
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Englandland
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Ally-Oop! »

Upon messing up with the Photo of "Fake*DeMasque" and Godot has a go;

:godot: : The only thing "peculiar" in this courtroom... is on top of your head.
:maya: : Nick! Are you going to let him get away with making fun of your hair!?
:phoenix: : (Yes... At least until I know he can't use his goggles to fry me or something...)


VOIP, Pile of Defense ash!


Edit:
Another that made me laugh;

:godot: : Hey, now... If you're gonna have a pity party, invite me, too!
Haruhi
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:53 pm
Custom Title: Suzumiya Haruhi: Ace Attorney

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Haruhi »

Can't remember the exact quote, but...

:maya: : This is madness.
:phoenix: : No, Maya, this is SPARDA.
I have no Photoshop skills, so I have no sig. Boo...
Gigafreak
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 am
Custom Title: Prinnies Dood

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Gigafreak »

CantFaketheFunk wrote:
Spoiler: 3-5
presenting Iris' profile to Gumshoe (as Edgey) yields hilarity.

"yadda yadda, she's familiar, is she from an old case?"

:eh?: "Well, everyone knows that you are quite popular with the ladies, sir..."

:gymshoe: "Maybe she's an old girlfriend you dumped somewhere along the way or something...?"

:wacky-edgy: "D-Detective! Where did you hear such nonsense from!?"

:gymshoe: "I didn't hear it from anyone. It's just sorta how I imagine you to be... sir."

:edgeworth: "(...D-Do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?)"




SO.

VERY.

GAY.


Edgeworth has fangirls!


surasshu wrote:
QBnoYouko wrote:
Poltergust wrote:I'm guessing that it's a reference to Dr. Wright from SimCity.
It could be a reference to their own Megaman franchise too. Wasn't Dr. Light called Wright at some point?

I thought it was a Dr. Right/Light reference too. But then, I've never even heard of this Dr. Wright SimCity guy...


Doctor Wright.
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.
ImageImage
Demonic Defense
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:42 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Demonic Defense »

Oh wow.


:godot: : I'm on my 11th cup. I promised I would drink no more than 17 during a trial, so i'm still good 'til the last drop.
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Haruhi wrote:Can't remember the exact quote, but...

:maya: : This is madness.
:phoenix: : No, Maya, this is SPARDA.

Spoiler: 3-3
When talking to Lisa Basil, present evidence that she don't know anything about.

:keiko: I'm sorry. That data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected.
:maya-shock: SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected!? What!? This is madness!
:nick: No, Maya. That is SPARDA. She won't tell us unless we say the right code word.
Image
mario2000
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:13 pm
Custom Title: Desert rose, why do you live alone?
Location: Fife, WA

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by mario2000 »

Spoiler: Case 3-5
"Of course the body flew over the bridge! Whooooosh!"

That was just hilarious.
jorneydo
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:32 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by jorneydo »

Present wrong evidence with edgeworth
:judge bro: I see nothing wrong with this( I really dont remenver well)
:edgeworth: I was just testing you your honor, If you have the skills
:judge bro: Why we wont test a penalty
Image
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by surasshu »

mario2000 wrote:
Spoiler: Case 3-5
"Of course the body flew over the bridge! Whooooosh!"

That was just hilarious.

Hahaha, I loved that! And you didn't even get penalized for it cause it was so entertaining. :godot:
Demonic Defense
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:42 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Demonic Defense »

"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet!
Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"



Oh, I love you Capcom.
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by surasshu »

Spoiler: When presenting Maya's profile to Larry
:larry2: You look totally different than two years ago. Don't you think, Nick?
:phoenix: (Maybe it's cause we're always together, but she looks pretty much the same to me.)

A little jab from the writers to the sprite artists for using the same sprite even though she's 19 years old now? :godot:
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

Demonic Defense wrote:"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet!
Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"



Oh, I love you Capcom.


I thought his name would be something like that. :sal:
Image
Gigafreak
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 am
Custom Title: Prinnies Dood

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Gigafreak »

Mikker wrote:
Demonic Defense wrote:"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet!
Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"



Oh, I love you Capcom.


I thought his name would be something like that. :sal:


It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.
ImageImage
zimny
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Kofu, Japan

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by zimny »

I totally had to stop playing to post this...

:edgeworth: ARE

:franny: YOU

:udgy: HIGH!
She's REALLY high up there!


Effing gold.
Dahlia Hawthorne
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:10 pm
Custom Title: ;~;!
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow...
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Dahlia Hawthorne »

Busterella wrote:
Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD


Yes.

ILU, Capcom translation team. <3



hey hey
you you

i do believe that's my photobucket.

:keiko:

:D

And that's my screen :D

But tragically enough I didn't get to finish the game on that, and I'm too lazy to start it again... I was in Court for the first time in Case 3 when I lost it. D:
Even when the body dies, the spirit, the ego, it lives on... forever.
Busterella
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm
Custom Title: lolkoala.
Location: NC

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Busterella »

Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:

hey hey
you you

i do believe that's my photobucket.

:keiko:

:D

And that's my screen :D

But tragically enough I didn't get to finish the game on that, and I'm too lazy to start it again... I was in Court for the first time in Case 3 when I lost it. D:


Oh, sorry! ^.^U

I forgot where I'd found it.
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by The Sandwich »

Gigafreak wrote:It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.


Sal Manella.
fuck
Dahlia Hawthorne
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:10 pm
Custom Title: ;~;!
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow...
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by Dahlia Hawthorne »

Busterella wrote:
Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:

hey hey
you you

i do believe that's my photobucket.

:keiko:

:D

And that's my screen :D

But tragically enough I didn't get to finish the game on that, and I'm too lazy to start it again... I was in Court for the first time in Case 3 when I lost it. D:


Oh, sorry! ^.^U

I forgot where I'd found it.

teehee, i don't mind, there's no way you could have known. :p
Even when the body dies, the spirit, the ego, it lives on... forever.
CrawdKenny
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:18 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by CrawdKenny »

Gigafreak wrote:
Mikker wrote:
Demonic Defense wrote:"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet!
Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"



Oh, I love you Capcom.


I thought his name would be something like that. :sal:


It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.

Isn't the translator an asian girl? I've seen interviews with her somewhere.

Edit: Found one http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/scarle ... japan_loca
Blacker than a moonless night,
hotter and more bitter than
Hell itself... That is coffee.
saahil92
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:04 pm
Custom Title: Master of Disaster

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by saahil92 »

In case 3-5, when at the last witness, the Judge says whats in my sig
Image
Gigafreak
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 am
Custom Title: Prinnies Dood

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Gigafreak »

DarzieP wrote:
Gigafreak wrote:It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.


Sal Manella.


Totally wouldn't surprise me. They meet in reality, hilarity ensues.
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.
ImageImage
CantFaketheFunk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
Location: NC, NJ, MN
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by CantFaketheFunk »

Poor Chief. :(
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
RhythmStraw
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:21 am
Custom Title: Demonic.
Location: The Bay State
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by RhythmStraw »

:chef: : I must rub some of my oil all over my body before I become z'e nervous wreck!
Z'ere. Oh oui, oui! Z'at feels good!

:phoenix: : Urgh!

:chef: Oh la la! Excusez-moi, monsieur!

:ack: : M-My eyes! My EYES!

(leftovers that Armstrong was using. *shudders*) I feel scarred...
Image
Delseban
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:19 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Delseban »

The full quote about the flying person...

Spoiler: 3-5
"This sketch is exactly what happened. Of course the victim was flying through the air! You can see it right there in the sketch! ...Whoooooooosh!"
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

Spoiler: SERIOUS case 2 spoiler
:aiga: Wh-Wh-Why YOUUUUUU! How dare you even dare toimplythatonesosmartandcapableasIcouldeverfalltosuchlowlydepths! Whynottrydoingsomethingyourselveswiththosebigmouthsofyours!You'reallfools!Fools I say! Noneofyoucancomparetomygenius... You'realljustjealous! Sogoon!Desecrateme!Commemorateme!ThereisnothingthegreatAceDetectivecannothandle!Blackmail!Murder!Threads!I'llgetawaywithallofit! Aaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha! It's enough to make one laugh!


OH GOD, FOUND THIS

:udgy: : I will not allow any of your usual shenanigans, Mr. Wright.

THE JUDGE SAID SHENANIGANS! OMGWTFBBQ!
Last edited by Mikker on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Daramue
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:26 pm
Custom Title: Zvarri!
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Daramue »

This has probably been mentioned a LOT of times already, but I found this one quite funny.

:udgy: Spoon? I'm no Spoony Bard!

It's funny to think that a pretty inclusive Final Fantasy IV joke like that got in there. Well, it's not inclusive, but it's not exactly as well known as "All your base" or anything.
Image
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Spoiler: Case 4 - Day 1: Court
:gumshoe: Anyway, the criminal shoved the victim down from behind and stabbed her in the back!
:youngmia: HOLD IT! Is that part of the witness's testimony as well?
:gymshoe: Of course it is. He pushed the victim hard in the back and she fell down right on her stomach!
Image Hmm... ...I remember that happening once myself. It was really broodle.
:youngmia: ...(Are you talking about seeing someone get pushed, or were you the one getting pushed? Or does it mean that you pushed someone down like that once...? With his mind-boggling tales and the way he said "brutal", I wonder if he's Canadian...)


...Mia, you are so dead to me.
Image
Gigafreak
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 am
Custom Title: Prinnies Dood

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Gigafreak »

CrawdKenny wrote:Isn't the translator an asian girl? I've seen interviews with her somewhere.

Edit: Found one http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/scarle ... japan_loca


Not the translator. The chief's e-mail pen pal, 1337aZnPrInceSz, is probably male. After all... this is the Internet. Until proven otherwise, all girls are guys, all guys are guys, and children are FBI agents. (But some guys are really girls.)
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.
ImageImage
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Spoiler: Case 4: Court Day 1
Image Hmm... yes! I remember taking some photos of myself too!
:youngmia: (Please! No details!)


By the way, that judge is a Canadian stereotype. I can tell by is overuse of talking about coffee, doughnuts and hockey. Also, he constantly ends his sentences with "eh."

I'm deeply offended (yet somewhat happy) that they bothered to make fun of my nationality.
Image
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.
Image
Twilightz
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: High Prosecutor's Office, Room 1202

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Twilightz »

Guess_Who wrote:Case 3, present something useless to Lisa Basil:

:maya: - Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?
:keiko: - I'm sorry. That data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected.
:maya: - SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected? What!? This is madness!
:phoenix: - No, Maya, that is SPARDA.

OH. MY. GOD. I. NEED. TO. STOP. LAUGHING. XDDD

I will worship T&T now on. Can't wait for my copy. :larry:
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.

I know, right? That's my main purpose on this Earth. To make so sense whatsoever.
Image
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by surasshu »

He also says "aboot". If that helps. :udgy:
Guess_Who
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Custom Title: SCIENCE!
Location: Texas

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Guess_Who »

Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.

Saying "aboot", ending statements with "eh?", and loving hockey are common Canadian stereotypes, at least in America.
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Guess_Who wrote:
Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.

Saying "aboot", ending statements with "eh?", and loving hockey are common Canadian stereotypes, at least in America.

To continue the stereotype, he talks about doughnuts and coffee. I'm just glad he doesn't emphasize his love for moose meat. <.<
Image
Mayhem
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm
Custom Title: Chaos wolf
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mayhem »

Not been mentioned yet, I'm not sure if this was intentionally meant as a double entendre but it had me creasing up...

Spoiler: case 3-3
Talking about Gumshow preparing the weenie lunchbox for Maggey whilst she is locked up...

:maya: Even with my mouth, I'm not sure I could manage all that meat.


My fave other line so far is the SPARDA one too :wave:
Lie with passion and be forever damned...

360 gamertag: Mayhem64
Joebucks
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 998
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:56 pm
Custom Title: Ask about my avatar for a chilling story
Location: Ohio, the King of America
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Joebucks »

I will not allow any of your usual shenanigans, Mr. Wright.

PISTOL WHIP HIM!!!!!
ImageTHERE IS NO KNOWLEDGE THAT IS NOT POWERImage
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
Location: Canada. Cold place.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by TotalSpaceshipGuy3 »

Godot Fan wrote:
I will not allow any of your usual shenanigans, Mr. Wright.

PISTOL WHIP HIM!!!!!

Phoenix Wrong reference, I see.

:phoenix: Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun.
:edgy: Yeah, and their shenanigans are cruel and tragic.
:phoenix: Which makes them not shenanigans at all, really. Evil shenanigans!
:udgy: I swear to God, I'll pistol-whip the next guy that says "shenanigans"!

Phoenix Wrong is awesome...
Image
Post Reply