The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Sebastian, thanks! :)
The wait for this game is killing me, but I'm waiting by playing PW1 again.
The wait for this game is killing me, but I'm waiting by playing PW1 again.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
CFZero
- Suspect

- Posts: 29
- Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:04 am
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Guess_Who wrote:No, that only works on the Japanese mode.
Unless they changed it from the previous two games?
It worked in english mode as well... I was expecting the Japanese mode to only accept the GS3 insert and found it to unlock everything in both modes. So maybe its only availible in the japanese cartridge and wont be in the english one that comes out in October
-
Demonic Defense
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:42 pm
-
Ally-Oop!
- Suspect

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:19 pm
- Location: Englandland
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Upon messing up with the Photo of "Fake*DeMasque" and Godot has a go;
: The only thing "peculiar" in this courtroom... is on top of your head.
: Nick! Are you going to let him get away with making fun of your hair!?
: (Yes... At least until I know he can't use his goggles to fry me or something...)
VOIP, Pile of Defense ash!
Edit:
Another that made me laugh;
: Hey, now... If you're gonna have a pity party, invite me, too!
: The only thing "peculiar" in this courtroom... is on top of your head.
: Nick! Are you going to let him get away with making fun of your hair!?
: (Yes... At least until I know he can't use his goggles to fry me or something...)VOIP, Pile of Defense ash!
Edit:
Another that made me laugh;
: Hey, now... If you're gonna have a pity party, invite me, too!-
Haruhi
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 188
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:53 pm
- Custom Title: Suzumiya Haruhi: Ace Attorney
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Can't remember the exact quote, but...
: This is madness.
: No, Maya, this is SPARDA.
: This is madness.
: No, Maya, this is SPARDA.I have no Photoshop skills, so I have no sig. Boo...
-
Gigafreak
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 am
- Custom Title: Prinnies Dood
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
CantFaketheFunk wrote:Spoiler: 3-5
SO.
VERY.
GAY.
Edgeworth has fangirls!
surasshu wrote:QBnoYouko wrote:It could be a reference to their own Megaman franchise too. Wasn't Dr. Light called Wright at some point?Poltergust wrote:I'm guessing that it's a reference to Dr. Wright from SimCity.
I thought it was a Dr. Right/Light reference too. But then, I've never even heard of this Dr. Wright SimCity guy...
Doctor Wright.
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.


But a giant mallet will break them faster.
-
Demonic Defense
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:42 pm
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Oh wow.
: I'm on my 11th cup. I promised I would drink no more than 17 during a trial, so i'm still good 'til the last drop.
: I'm on my 11th cup. I promised I would drink no more than 17 during a trial, so i'm still good 'til the last drop.-
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
- Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
- Location: Canada. Cold place.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Haruhi wrote:Can't remember the exact quote, but...
: This is madness.
: No, Maya, this is SPARDA.
Spoiler: 3-3

-
mario2000
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 858
- Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:13 pm
- Custom Title: Desert rose, why do you live alone?
- Location: Fife, WA
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Spoiler: Case 3-5
-
jorneydo
- Suspect

- Posts: 35
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:32 pm
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Present wrong evidence with edgeworth
:judge bro: I see nothing wrong with this( I really dont remenver well)
I was just testing you your honor, If you have the skills
:judge bro: Why we wont test a penalty
:judge bro: I see nothing wrong with this( I really dont remenver well)
I was just testing you your honor, If you have the skills:judge bro: Why we wont test a penalty
-
surasshu
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
- Custom Title: ;_;
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
mario2000 wrote:Spoiler: Case 3-5
Hahaha, I loved that! And you didn't even get penalized for it cause it was so entertaining.

-
Demonic Defense
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:42 pm
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet!
Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"
Oh, I love you Capcom.
Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"
Oh, I love you Capcom.
-
surasshu
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
- Custom Title: ;_;
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Spoiler: When presenting Maya's profile to Larry
A little jab from the writers to the sprite artists for using the same sprite even though she's 19 years old now?

-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Demonic Defense wrote:"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet!
Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"
Oh, I love you Capcom.
I thought his name would be something like that.


-
Gigafreak
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 am
- Custom Title: Prinnies Dood
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Mikker wrote:Demonic Defense wrote:"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet!
Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"
Oh, I love you Capcom.
I thought his name would be something like that.
It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.


But a giant mallet will break them faster.
-
zimny
- Suspect

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:52 am
- Location: Kofu, Japan
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
I totally had to stop playing to post this...
ARE
YOU
HIGH!
She's REALLY high up there!
Effing gold.
ARE
YOU
HIGH! She's REALLY high up there!
Effing gold.
-
Dahlia Hawthorne
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 153
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:10 pm
- Custom Title: ;~;!
- Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow...
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).
Busterella wrote:Poltergust wrote:Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.
My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD
Yes.
ILU, Capcom translation team. <3
hey hey
you you
i do believe that's my photobucket.
:D
And that's my screen :D
But tragically enough I didn't get to finish the game on that, and I'm too lazy to start it again... I was in Court for the first time in Case 3 when I lost it. D:
Even when the body dies, the spirit, the ego, it lives on... forever.
-
Busterella
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 232
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm
- Custom Title: lolkoala.
- Location: NC
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).
Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:
hey hey
you you
i do believe that's my photobucket.
![]()
:D
And that's my screen :D
But tragically enough I didn't get to finish the game on that, and I'm too lazy to start it again... I was in Court for the first time in Case 3 when I lost it. D:
Oh, sorry! ^.^U
I forgot where I'd found it.
-
The Sandwich
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 4848
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
- Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
- Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Gigafreak wrote:It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.
Sal Manella.
fuck
-
Dahlia Hawthorne
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 153
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:10 pm
- Custom Title: ;~;!
- Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow...
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).
Busterella wrote:Dahlia Hawthorne wrote:
hey hey
you you
i do believe that's my photobucket.
![]()
:D
And that's my screen :D
But tragically enough I didn't get to finish the game on that, and I'm too lazy to start it again... I was in Court for the first time in Case 3 when I lost it. D:
Oh, sorry! ^.^U
I forgot where I'd found it.
teehee, i don't mind, there's no way you could have known. :p
Even when the body dies, the spirit, the ego, it lives on... forever.
-
CrawdKenny
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 96
- Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:18 pm
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Gigafreak wrote:Mikker wrote:Demonic Defense wrote:"Officer: Chief! Stop messing around on the internet!
Chief: But my e-mail pen pal! 1337aZnPrInceSz!"
Oh, I love you Capcom.
I thought his name would be something like that.
It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.
Isn't the translator an asian girl? I've seen interviews with her somewhere.
Edit: Found one http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/scarle ... japan_loca
Blacker than a moonless night,
hotter and more bitter than
Hell itself... That is coffee.
hotter and more bitter than
Hell itself... That is coffee.
-
saahil92
- Suspect

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:04 pm
- Custom Title: Master of Disaster
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
In case 3-5, when at the last witness, the Judge says whats in my sig

-
Gigafreak
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 am
- Custom Title: Prinnies Dood
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
DarzieP wrote:Gigafreak wrote:It's not him, but I'm guessing the person behind that name is quite likely male as well.
Sal Manella.
Totally wouldn't surprise me. They meet in reality, hilarity ensues.
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.


But a giant mallet will break them faster.
-
CantFaketheFunk
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2501
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
- Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
- Location: NC, NJ, MN
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Poor Chief. :(
(Awesome sig art by Axl99!)-
RhythmStraw
- Suspect

- Posts: 15
- Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:21 am
- Custom Title: Demonic.
- Location: The Bay State
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
: I must rub some of my oil all over my body before I become z'e nervous wreck!Z'ere. Oh oui, oui! Z'at feels good!
: Urgh!
Oh la la! Excusez-moi, monsieur!
: M-My eyes! My EYES!(leftovers that Armstrong was using. *shudders*) I feel scarred...

-
Delseban
- Suspect

- Posts: 26
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
The full quote about the flying person...
Spoiler: 3-5
-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Spoiler: SERIOUS case 2 spoiler
OH GOD, FOUND THIS
: I will not allow any of your usual shenanigans, Mr. Wright.THE JUDGE SAID SHENANIGANS! OMGWTFBBQ!
Last edited by Mikker on Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-
Daramue
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 327
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:26 pm
- Custom Title: Zvarri!
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
This has probably been mentioned a LOT of times already, but I found this one quite funny.
Spoon? I'm no Spoony Bard!
It's funny to think that a pretty inclusive Final Fantasy IV joke like that got in there. Well, it's not inclusive, but it's not exactly as well known as "All your base" or anything.
Spoon? I'm no Spoony Bard!It's funny to think that a pretty inclusive Final Fantasy IV joke like that got in there. Well, it's not inclusive, but it's not exactly as well known as "All your base" or anything.

-
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
- Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
- Location: Canada. Cold place.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Spoiler: Case 4 - Day 1: Court
...Mia, you are so dead to me.

-
Gigafreak
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 97
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:32 am
- Custom Title: Prinnies Dood
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
CrawdKenny wrote:Isn't the translator an asian girl? I've seen interviews with her somewhere.
Edit: Found one http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/scarle ... japan_loca
Not the translator. The chief's e-mail pen pal, 1337aZnPrInceSz, is probably male. After all... this is the Internet. Until proven otherwise, all girls are guys, all guys are guys, and children are FBI agents. (But some guys are really girls.)
Sticks and stones may break my bones...
But a giant mallet will break them faster.


But a giant mallet will break them faster.
-
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
- Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
- Location: Canada. Cold place.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Spoiler: Case 4: Court Day 1
By the way, that judge is a Canadian stereotype. I can tell by is overuse of talking about coffee, doughnuts and hockey. Also, he constantly ends his sentences with "eh."
I'm deeply offended (yet somewhat happy) that they bothered to make fun of my nationality.

-
Mikker
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
- Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
- Location: Denmark
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.

-
Twilightz
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 83
- Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:11 pm
- Location: High Prosecutor's Office, Room 1202
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
Guess_Who wrote:Case 3, present something useless to Lisa Basil:- Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?
- I'm sorry. That data is SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected.
- SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected? What!? This is madness!
- No, Maya, that is SPARDA.
OH. MY. GOD. I. NEED. TO. STOP. LAUGHING. XDDD
I will worship T&T now on. Can't wait for my copy.

-
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
- Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
- Location: Canada. Cold place.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.
I know, right? That's my main purpose on this Earth. To make so sense whatsoever.

-
surasshu
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 132
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
- Custom Title: ;_;
- Location: Netherlands
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA
He also says "aboot". If that helps. 

-
Guess_Who
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 413
- Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
- Custom Title: SCIENCE!
- Location: Texas
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.
Saying "aboot", ending statements with "eh?", and loving hockey are common Canadian stereotypes, at least in America.
-
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
- Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
- Location: Canada. Cold place.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Guess_Who wrote:Mikker wrote:That canada comment made... literally no sence what so ever.
Saying "aboot", ending statements with "eh?", and loving hockey are common Canadian stereotypes, at least in America.
To continue the stereotype, he talks about doughnuts and coffee. I'm just glad he doesn't emphasize his love for moose meat. <.<

-
Mayhem
- Moderators

- Posts: 631
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 pm
- Custom Title: Chaos wolf
- Location: London, England
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Not been mentioned yet, I'm not sure if this was intentionally meant as a double entendre but it had me creasing up...
My fave other line so far is the SPARDA one too
Spoiler: case 3-3
My fave other line so far is the SPARDA one too

Lie with passion and be forever damned...
360 gamertag: Mayhem64
360 gamertag: Mayhem64
-
Joebucks
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 998
- Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:56 pm
- Custom Title: Ask about my avatar for a chilling story
- Location: Ohio, the King of America
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
I will not allow any of your usual shenanigans, Mr. Wright.
PISTOL WHIP HIM!!!!!
-
TotalSpaceshipGuy3
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 143
- Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:57 pm
- Custom Title: Surprisingly, not a foolish fool.
- Location: Canada. Cold place.
- Contact:
Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)
Godot Fan wrote:I will not allow any of your usual shenanigans, Mr. Wright.
PISTOL WHIP HIM!!!!!
Phoenix Wrong reference, I see.
Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun.
Yeah, and their shenanigans are cruel and tragic.
Which makes them not shenanigans at all, really. Evil shenanigans!
I swear to God, I'll pistol-whip the next guy that says "shenanigans"!Phoenix Wrong is awesome...

"Well, everyone knows that you are quite popular with the ladies, sir..."
"Maybe she's an old girlfriend you dumped somewhere along the way or something...?"
"D-Detective! Where did you hear such nonsense from!?"
SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected!? What!? This is madness!
No, Maya. That is SPARDA. She won't tell us unless we say the right code word.

You look totally different than two years ago. Don't you think, Nick?
HOLD IT! Is that part of the witness's testimony as well?
Hmm... ...I remember that happening once myself. It was really broodle.