Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
-
Hoa Dao
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:43 pm
- Custom Title: Peachy ~~
- Location: California, USA
- Contact:
Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Trailer
IGN preview
To be released in 2009 in JP and North America. :'D
Trailer looks interesting, screenshots I can't make out much. I'm a little disappointed that CiNG isn't using the artist from Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk. But the concept sounds interesting :'D It's about an FBI agent who has retrocognition (seeing the past), and he uses it to investigate. Can't change the past, but he can learn from it.
I must say, though, there have been a couple adventure games involving Time lately (Time Hollow, and Squeenix's Sigma Harmonics, I think ... oh and Layton's third game but I don't think that really counts as it doesn't involve murder and it's been in the works since before last year anyway XDDD)
IGN preview
To be released in 2009 in JP and North America. :'D
Trailer looks interesting, screenshots I can't make out much. I'm a little disappointed that CiNG isn't using the artist from Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk. But the concept sounds interesting :'D It's about an FBI agent who has retrocognition (seeing the past), and he uses it to investigate. Can't change the past, but he can learn from it.
I must say, though, there have been a couple adventure games involving Time lately (Time Hollow, and Squeenix's Sigma Harmonics, I think ... oh and Layton's third game but I don't think that really counts as it doesn't involve murder and it's been in the works since before last year anyway XDDD)
-
DramaticaXIV2
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3781
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm
- Custom Title: Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan
- Location: Engl- Ooh, over 3000 posts. (England)
-
Bolt Storm
- Admin

- Posts: 3303
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
- Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
- Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
...To be honest, I'm not liking the new visual style. Looks way too cluttered and messy. 

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!
Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
-
Hoa Dao
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:43 pm
- Custom Title: Peachy ~~
- Location: California, USA
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Yeah, same here. ._. And it's not published by Nintendo? :[ I'm not a huge fan of Tecmo, to be honest ... lol.
But, ah, concept still sounds interesting. :] CiNG's on a roll these days XD (they're helping out with Little King Story with a bunch of high-profile people, wow)
But, ah, concept still sounds interesting. :] CiNG's on a roll these days XD (they're helping out with Little King Story with a bunch of high-profile people, wow)
-
Jesswee
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 429
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
- Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
- Location: La la land~
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
COOL BEANS.
Is it just me or did that guy look kind of like Hyde
CiiiiiiiiiiiiNG.....CiNG a soooooooooong~
Is it just me or did that guy look kind of like Hyde

CiiiiiiiiiiiiNG.....CiNG a soooooooooong~

-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
This looks like it's intended to be the spiritual sequel to Hotel Dusk. If this was any other company I'd be afraid of the change in direction. And if I didn't know Cing was involved I wouldn't have given this game a second look. But with Cing involved, I think I'll be following this.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
Caelestis
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 598
- Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:46 pm
- Custom Title: Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!
- Location: If I'm Online, I must be at my computer (duh)
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Ohh today is a happy day to own a DS and adore adventure games... :D
Cing, even though I've never played Trace Memory, yet adored Hotel Dusk, you still make me happy
Finally, an adventure game that tries hard to make sure the story is good... (even though sometimes the execution can be a wee bit weak
)
I personally am going to follow this game. Eh, the art looks... strange, but the storyline isn't oh-so horribly cliched, and it looks really interesting. I want to see reviews of this when it comes out, from YOU guys, not from other websites.
Actually, it was thanks to Court-records people that I decided to buy awesome games like Hotel Dusk, Professor Layton, AND Trauma Center! Anyway...
Can't wait to see this come into fruition! Man, a lot of adventure games for the DS are due to come out soon, and I'm extremely excited!
Cing, even though I've never played Trace Memory, yet adored Hotel Dusk, you still make me happy
Finally, an adventure game that tries hard to make sure the story is good... (even though sometimes the execution can be a wee bit weak
)I personally am going to follow this game. Eh, the art looks... strange, but the storyline isn't oh-so horribly cliched, and it looks really interesting. I want to see reviews of this when it comes out, from YOU guys, not from other websites.
Actually, it was thanks to Court-records people that I decided to buy awesome games like Hotel Dusk, Professor Layton, AND Trauma Center! Anyway...Can't wait to see this come into fruition! Man, a lot of adventure games for the DS are due to come out soon, and I'm extremely excited!

NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala
-
Yukina
- Suspect

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:41 am
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Caelestis wrote:Ohh today is a happy day to own a DS and adore adventure games... :D
Cing, even though I've never played Trace Memory, yet adored Hotel Dusk, you still make me happyFinally, an adventure game that tries hard to make sure the story is good... (even though sometimes the execution can be a wee bit weak
)
I personally am going to follow this game. Eh, the art looks... strange, but the storyline isn't oh-so horribly cliched, and it looks really interesting. I want to see reviews of this when it comes out, from YOU guys, not from other websites.Actually, it was thanks to Court-records people that I decided to buy awesome games like Hotel Dusk, Professor Layton, AND Trauma Center! Anyway...
Can't wait to see this come into fruition! Man, a lot of adventure games for the DS are due to come out soon, and I'm extremely excited!
If you enjoyed Hotel Dusk I'm quite positive that you'll enjoy Trace Memory! Although it was WAYY too short I really enjoyed how the story revealed itself (kind of like Hotel Dusk) and some of the puzzles were amazing at using the DS for all its worth!
-
Rov
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3035
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm
- Custom Title: AKA Dr. Bokchoy
- Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
This is a DS game? Wow, it looks so... different. From other DS games, I mean.
-
Dick-Gumshoe
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 351
- Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:03 pm
- Custom Title: #1 DBZ fan.
- Location: At local precinct.
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
A new game by CING? Intresting
Though,I wanted Hotel Dusk more~ But it's great to play Detective games,theyre a lot of fun for the DS experience^^
Though,I wanted Hotel Dusk more~ But it's great to play Detective games,theyre a lot of fun for the DS experience^^-
MercuryKitten
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:27 pm
- Custom Title: Slightly Disheveled Radiator
- Location: In a box on a hill towards the west banks of an unknown river.
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Hm...It's a cool concept, but the graphics aren't doing much for me.

Created by Vickinator, the greatest person EVER.
~ Crying in Public ~ The Kallisti Project: Samurai Arc
Married to Sakuro*And Eximplode07
-
Emperor Ing
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 287
- Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:07 pm
- Custom Title: The Mouth of Sauron
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Whoa, I am liking how this game looks already.
I thing the cluttered style goes with the whole.. "cluttered" feel of the game (the guy doesn't look like he has it all together). The game promises to be interesting.
Besides, I trust these guys know what they're doing with Adventure games.
I thing the cluttered style goes with the whole.. "cluttered" feel of the game (the guy doesn't look like he has it all together). The game promises to be interesting.
Besides, I trust these guys know what they're doing with Adventure games.
Gozu wrote:omg ur just lik
did ur parents di or somefin
icer wrote:Trucy: [Daddy was fired from legal clerk for loitering] Daddy has a fun new job as a street sweeper!
Phoenix: Guess what Apollo, today I swept up some EVIDENCE! ....
-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Emperor Ing wrote:Besides, I trust these guys know what they're doing with Adventure games.
Quoth for great truth.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
B.M.
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 236
- Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:42 am
- Custom Title: Bwaaah!
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Now, is it just me, or does the new mechanic sound a lot like a find the difference game?
Of course, if the rest of the game is good I don't think I'll care that much.
Of course, if the rest of the game is good I don't think I'll care that much.
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
-
Jesswee
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 429
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
- Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
- Location: La la land~
- Contact:
-
ashogo
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 130
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
woohhaa... I completely missed this. The trailer really interested me-I wonder if they will actually have more fmvs to tell the story this time? The IGN preview also sounds pretty interesting, although I don't like that they're using real people for the character art...it seems off. I wonder why they didn't use their old artist?
Still, any ds mystery game by CING has potential, looking forward to it!
edit: the main character's codename is "J"...same as Bradley's.
Still, any ds mystery game by CING has potential, looking forward to it!
edit: the main character's codename is "J"...same as Bradley's.

Last edited by ashogo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Harry Miste
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 578
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 am
- Custom Title: some sort of diabolical mastermind
- Location: Frontier Alpha Centauri
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Emperor Ing wrote:(the guy doesn't look like he has it all together)
Not many people are mentally stable after having their family killed and them being the sole survivor. I guess the graphics reflect his state of mind.
My opinion? This game looks good so far
I wonder how currency will play a part in this game, considering that the Eye of Providence shows up on every dollar bill in the States.
-
animepanda94
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 187
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:13 am
- Custom Title: Crime Scene Junkie
- Location: I'm in your forum, Readin your posts....
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Its gonne be released here and in japan in 09? :0
D: simoltaneous release? (probably not T_T)
*waits for more info*
D: simoltaneous release? (probably not T_T)
*waits for more info*
http://animepanda94.deviantart.com/ Please come visit me!Phoenix and Maya Fan wrote:Brilliant deduction Detective Panda!
-
Zinle
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3393
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm
- Custom Title: ...Hopefully someday... xD
- Location: Suomi, Finland, Perkele!
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Indeed, indeed.
More info and pics needed...
Oh...And EU release too
More info and pics needed...
Oh...And EU release too

-
LeahNinjaGirl
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 68
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:58 pm
- Location: Somewhere
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
It looks interesting .. I might buy it when it comes out . The graphics in the trailer though; are they just really good? Or is it a real person acting it out?
-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
LeahNinjaGirl wrote:It looks interesting .. I might buy it when it comes out . The graphics in the trailer though; are they just really good? Or is it a real person acting it out?
It was slightly illegal, but those are real people that come with the game pack. They kinda sit on your DS and act out the game as you play.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
animepanda94
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 187
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:13 am
- Custom Title: Crime Scene Junkie
- Location: I'm in your forum, Readin your posts....
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
D:! That. is cool. They should do that with more games. XD
http://animepanda94.deviantart.com/ Please come visit me!Phoenix and Maya Fan wrote:Brilliant deduction Detective Panda!
-
ashogo
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 130
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
I like the look of the live-action in the cutscenes, with all the shadows it looks pretty mysterious, but the in-game live profiles look kinda bleh...could get used to it though.
But if this game is set for 09 in japan then it won't be here till maybe 2010...
But if this game is set for 09 in japan then it won't be here till maybe 2010...

-
PhantomGamer
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 202
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:04 pm
- Custom Title: The few, the proud, the female trumpets!
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
It's days like today where I wish I knew Japanese... I already miss the old art style, and it looks like a game that will freak me the crap out, but I'll play it because CiNG made it and they've got a good track record so far.

-
Zinle
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3393
- Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm
- Custom Title: ...Hopefully someday... xD
- Location: Suomi, Finland, Perkele!
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Live, eh?
I don't like it too much, but maybe it's just something you grow in to...
Maybe I just love sprites too much?
I don't like it too much, but maybe it's just something you grow in to...
Maybe I just love sprites too much?
-
Chikikyo
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 976
- Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 am
- Location: Washington, USA
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Looks very interesting, but im a little uncomfortable that this game is being made with Tecmo...
Oh well, I will think about getting it once it comes to the US.
Oh well, I will think about getting it once it comes to the US.

-
jamie gumshoe
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 308
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:23 pm
- Custom Title: and the plot thickens
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
wow this looks really intresting why i do like the graphics more in hotel dusk the concept of this game looks really fun a dective who can see the past dark mysteries lurking around the corner im pumped i love detective games!

-
Jesswee
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 429
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
- Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
- Location: La la land~
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41249.html
Same trailer, but there's a guy reading the words on the screen :D!
...also, spring isn't far away...why hasn't there been any updates yet
Same trailer, but there's a guy reading the words on the screen :D!
...also, spring isn't far away...why hasn't there been any updates yet


-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Jessweeee wrote:http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41249.html
Same trailer, but there's a guy reading the words on the screen :D!
...also, spring isn't far away...why hasn't there been any updates yet
Maybe CiNG is going to delay it because CiNG's marketing department is focusing on Little King's Story and Trace Memory 2?

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
ashogo
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 130
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Any fresh news on this game? I'm dying to see another mystery adventure game on the ds from CING.
Professor Layton is holding me over for now(and it's great), but it's not so much of a mystery game.
Professor Layton is holding me over for now(and it's great), but it's not so much of a mystery game.
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Looks very interesting. I enjoyed Hotel Dusk but haven't played Trace Memory/Another Code yet.
I love these detective/mystery type games :D
I love these detective/mystery type games :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Wrestler Hatman
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2422
- Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:34 pm
- Custom Title: spr fckn srs peepz
- Location: Boucherville, Quebec, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Besides, if Tecmo is publishing, they're probably concentrating on their merger with KOEI.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.
-
Marche Tobaye
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
- Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
- Location: Sweden
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Here's hoping to see some hints that the game takes place in the same universe as Another Code and Hotel Dusk. :D
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
-
Tv mady
- Suspect

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:19 pm
- Custom Title: The Hd tv
- Location: Ireland
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Has anybody tried, the flower sun and the rain. It was origanally for the ps2 but there is a remake on the ds. Its a detective styled game.
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
I've played it (on DS), it was OK I guess - the story was interesting but the graphics and some of the gameplay were dreadful.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Tv mady
- Suspect

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:19 pm
- Custom Title: The Hd tv
- Location: Ireland
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Yes, Worst game for running back and forth.
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Agreed, that was one thing that annoyed me the most. Some of the story twists and fourth wall humour were good though.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Traded Luminous Arc 2 for it with my friend in Australia before the American release date. I haven't gotten very far in it but I don't know if I'm going to finish it. The character 'voices' drive me insane. That and connecting the wire to the object holds no gameplay element I can see. It's just a random pick a number.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
grim_tales
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2603
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
- Custom Title: OBJECTION!
- Location: St. Albans, England, UK
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
I agree, the use of gibberish-speak for the "voices" was stupid.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
It's funny that we didn't get any single news for this game for ages... I mean, the game was even supposed to be released this Spring, at least in Japan. Has the game been cancelled or what ? Since people at Cing say they're having a 'very close relationship' with Nintendo (cf: HD and TM), I wouldn't surprise that this game, which was supposed to have Tecmo as the editor, was simply cancelled... 
In a way, I'm 'relieved', because I was not really fond of how the game look (the 'live-action style characters). Maybe they just decided to change it, hence a delay ?...

In a way, I'm 'relieved', because I was not really fond of how the game look (the 'live-action style characters). Maybe they just decided to change it, hence a delay ?...








