Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Trip! Talk about stuff Boosted off of Cing's Hotel Dusk, AND Pirate Grandmas.
Post Reply
Hoa Dao
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:43 pm
Custom Title: Peachy ~~
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Hoa Dao »

Trailer

IGN preview

To be released in 2009 in JP and North America. :'D

Trailer looks interesting, screenshots I can't make out much. I'm a little disappointed that CiNG isn't using the artist from Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk. But the concept sounds interesting :'D It's about an FBI agent who has retrocognition (seeing the past), and he uses it to investigate. Can't change the past, but he can learn from it.

I must say, though, there have been a couple adventure games involving Time lately (Time Hollow, and Squeenix's Sigma Harmonics, I think ... oh and Layton's third game but I don't think that really counts as it doesn't involve murder and it's been in the works since before last year anyway XDDD)
DramaticaXIV2
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3781
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:06 pm
Custom Title: Otaku, #1 Machi fan, #2 Machi Fan
Location: Engl- Ooh, over 3000 posts. (England)

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by DramaticaXIV2 »

Interesting... :lana:
Image
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOGANT
Bolt Storm
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Bolt Storm »

...To be honest, I'm not liking the new visual style. Looks way too cluttered and messy. :lana:
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!
Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Hoa Dao
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:43 pm
Custom Title: Peachy ~~
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Hoa Dao »

Yeah, same here. ._. And it's not published by Nintendo? :[ I'm not a huge fan of Tecmo, to be honest ... lol.

But, ah, concept still sounds interesting. :] CiNG's on a roll these days XD (they're helping out with Little King Story with a bunch of high-profile people, wow)
Jesswee
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
Location: La la land~
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Jesswee »

COOL BEANS.


Is it just me or did that guy look kind of like Hyde :hyde:

CiiiiiiiiiiiiNG.....CiNG a soooooooooong~
Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Wooster »

This looks like it's intended to be the spiritual sequel to Hotel Dusk. If this was any other company I'd be afraid of the change in direction. And if I didn't know Cing was involved I wouldn't have given this game a second look. But with Cing involved, I think I'll be following this.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Caelestis
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:46 pm
Custom Title: Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!
Location: If I'm Online, I must be at my computer (duh)

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Caelestis »

Ohh today is a happy day to own a DS and adore adventure games... :D

Cing, even though I've never played Trace Memory, yet adored Hotel Dusk, you still make me happy :acro: Finally, an adventure game that tries hard to make sure the story is good... (even though sometimes the execution can be a wee bit weak :oops: )
I personally am going to follow this game. Eh, the art looks... strange, but the storyline isn't oh-so horribly cliched, and it looks really interesting. I want to see reviews of this when it comes out, from YOU guys, not from other websites. :edgy: Actually, it was thanks to Court-records people that I decided to buy awesome games like Hotel Dusk, Professor Layton, AND Trauma Center! Anyway...

Can't wait to see this come into fruition! Man, a lot of adventure games for the DS are due to come out soon, and I'm extremely excited!
Image
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala
Yukina
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:41 am

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Yukina »

Caelestis wrote:Ohh today is a happy day to own a DS and adore adventure games... :D

Cing, even though I've never played Trace Memory, yet adored Hotel Dusk, you still make me happy :acro: Finally, an adventure game that tries hard to make sure the story is good... (even though sometimes the execution can be a wee bit weak :oops: )
I personally am going to follow this game. Eh, the art looks... strange, but the storyline isn't oh-so horribly cliched, and it looks really interesting. I want to see reviews of this when it comes out, from YOU guys, not from other websites. :edgy: Actually, it was thanks to Court-records people that I decided to buy awesome games like Hotel Dusk, Professor Layton, AND Trauma Center! Anyway...

Can't wait to see this come into fruition! Man, a lot of adventure games for the DS are due to come out soon, and I'm extremely excited!


If you enjoyed Hotel Dusk I'm quite positive that you'll enjoy Trace Memory! Although it was WAYY too short I really enjoyed how the story revealed itself (kind of like Hotel Dusk) and some of the puzzles were amazing at using the DS for all its worth!
Rov
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm
Custom Title: AKA Dr. Bokchoy
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Rov »

This is a DS game? Wow, it looks so... different. From other DS games, I mean.
Dick-Gumshoe
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:03 pm
Custom Title: #1 DBZ fan.
Location: At local precinct.

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Dick-Gumshoe »

A new game by CING? Intresting :phoenix: Though,I wanted Hotel Dusk more~ But it's great to play Detective games,theyre a lot of fun for the DS experience^^
Image Gumshoe X Franziska 4Ever

+ Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/SaiyanTanuki
MercuryKitten
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:27 pm
Custom Title: Slightly Disheveled Radiator
Location: In a box on a hill towards the west banks of an unknown river.
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by MercuryKitten »

Hm...It's a cool concept, but the graphics aren't doing much for me.
Image
Created by Vickinator, the greatest person EVER.
~ Crying in Public ~ The Kallisti Project: Samurai Arc
Married to Sakuro*And Eximplode07
Emperor Ing
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:07 pm
Custom Title: The Mouth of Sauron

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Emperor Ing »

Whoa, I am liking how this game looks already.

I thing the cluttered style goes with the whole.. "cluttered" feel of the game (the guy doesn't look like he has it all together). The game promises to be interesting.

Besides, I trust these guys know what they're doing with Adventure games.
Gozu wrote:omg ur just lik :edgeworth:

did ur parents di or somefin
icer wrote:Trucy: [Daddy was fired from legal clerk for loitering] Daddy has a fun new job as a street sweeper!
Phoenix: Guess what Apollo, today I swept up some EVIDENCE! ....
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Wooster »

Emperor Ing wrote:Besides, I trust these guys know what they're doing with Adventure games.


Quoth for great truth.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
B.M.
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 236
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:42 am
Custom Title: Bwaaah!

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by B.M. »

Now, is it just me, or does the new mechanic sound a lot like a find the difference game?
Of course, if the rest of the game is good I don't think I'll care that much.
GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Jesswee
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
Location: La la land~
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Jesswee »

2009 will be a great year for this genre n.n
Image
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by ashogo »

woohhaa... I completely missed this. The trailer really interested me-I wonder if they will actually have more fmvs to tell the story this time? The IGN preview also sounds pretty interesting, although I don't like that they're using real people for the character art...it seems off. I wonder why they didn't use their old artist?
Still, any ds mystery game by CING has potential, looking forward to it!

edit: the main character's codename is "J"...same as Bradley's. :hyde:
Last edited by ashogo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry Miste
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 am
Custom Title: some sort of diabolical mastermind
Location: Frontier Alpha Centauri

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Harry Miste »

Emperor Ing wrote:(the guy doesn't look like he has it all together)


Not many people are mentally stable after having their family killed and them being the sole survivor. I guess the graphics reflect his state of mind.

My opinion? This game looks good so far :godot: I wonder how currency will play a part in this game, considering that the Eye of Providence shows up on every dollar bill in the States.
Image
animepanda94
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:13 am
Custom Title: Crime Scene Junkie
Location: I'm in your forum, Readin your posts....
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by animepanda94 »

Its gonne be released here and in japan in 09? :0

D: simoltaneous release? (probably not T_T)

*waits for more info*
Image
Phoenix and Maya Fan wrote:Brilliant deduction Detective Panda!
http://animepanda94.deviantart.com/ Please come visit me!
Zinle
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm
Custom Title: ...Hopefully someday... xD
Location: Suomi, Finland, Perkele!

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Zinle »

Indeed, indeed.
More info and pics needed...
Oh...And EU release too :yuusaku:
Image
ImageImageImageImage
LeahNinjaGirl
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: Somewhere
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by LeahNinjaGirl »

It looks interesting .. I might buy it when it comes out . The graphics in the trailer though; are they just really good? Or is it a real person acting it out?
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Wooster »

LeahNinjaGirl wrote:It looks interesting .. I might buy it when it comes out . The graphics in the trailer though; are they just really good? Or is it a real person acting it out?


:hotti: It was slightly illegal, but those are real people that come with the game pack. They kinda sit on your DS and act out the game as you play.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
animepanda94
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:13 am
Custom Title: Crime Scene Junkie
Location: I'm in your forum, Readin your posts....
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by animepanda94 »

D:! That. is cool. They should do that with more games. XD
Image
Phoenix and Maya Fan wrote:Brilliant deduction Detective Panda!
http://animepanda94.deviantart.com/ Please come visit me!
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by ashogo »

I like the look of the live-action in the cutscenes, with all the shadows it looks pretty mysterious, but the in-game live profiles look kinda bleh...could get used to it though.
But if this game is set for 09 in japan then it won't be here till maybe 2010... :sadshoe:
PhantomGamer
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:04 pm
Custom Title: The few, the proud, the female trumpets!

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by PhantomGamer »

It's days like today where I wish I knew Japanese... I already miss the old art style, and it looks like a game that will freak me the crap out, but I'll play it because CiNG made it and they've got a good track record so far.
Image
Zinle
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm
Custom Title: ...Hopefully someday... xD
Location: Suomi, Finland, Perkele!

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Zinle »

Live, eh?
I don't like it too much, but maybe it's just something you grow in to...
Maybe I just love sprites too much?
Image
ImageImageImageImage
Chikikyo
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 976
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 am
Location: Washington, USA

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Chikikyo »

Looks very interesting, but im a little uncomfortable that this game is being made with Tecmo...


Oh well, I will think about getting it once it comes to the US.
Image
jamie gumshoe
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:23 pm
Custom Title: and the plot thickens

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by jamie gumshoe »

wow this looks really intresting why i do like the graphics more in hotel dusk the concept of this game looks really fun a dective who can see the past dark mysteries lurking around the corner im pumped i love detective games!
Image
Jesswee
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
Location: La la land~
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Jesswee »

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41249.html

Same trailer, but there's a guy reading the words on the screen :D!


...also, spring isn't far away...why hasn't there been any updates yet :nixiesob:
Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Wooster »

Jessweeee wrote:http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41249.html

Same trailer, but there's a guy reading the words on the screen :D!


...also, spring isn't far away...why hasn't there been any updates yet :nixiesob:


Maybe CiNG is going to delay it because CiNG's marketing department is focusing on Little King's Story and Trace Memory 2?
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by ashogo »

Any fresh news on this game? I'm dying to see another mystery adventure game on the ds from CING.

Professor Layton is holding me over for now(and it's great), but it's not so much of a mystery game.
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by grim_tales »

Looks very interesting. I enjoyed Hotel Dusk but haven't played Trace Memory/Another Code yet.
I love these detective/mystery type games :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Wrestler Hatman
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2422
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:34 pm
Custom Title: spr fckn srs peepz
Location: Boucherville, Quebec, Canada
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Wrestler Hatman »

Besides, if Tecmo is publishing, they're probably concentrating on their merger with KOEI.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Marche Tobaye »

Here's hoping to see some hints that the game takes place in the same universe as Another Code and Hotel Dusk. :D
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Tv mady
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:19 pm
Custom Title: The Hd tv
Location: Ireland

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Tv mady »

Has anybody tried, the flower sun and the rain. It was origanally for the ps2 but there is a remake on the ds. Its a detective styled game.
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by grim_tales »

I've played it (on DS), it was OK I guess - the story was interesting but the graphics and some of the gameplay were dreadful.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Tv mady
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:19 pm
Custom Title: The Hd tv
Location: Ireland

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Tv mady »

Yes, Worst game for running back and forth.
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by grim_tales »

Agreed, that was one thing that annoyed me the most. Some of the story twists and fourth wall humour were good though.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by Wooster »

Traded Luminous Arc 2 for it with my friend in Australia before the American release date. I haven't gotten very far in it but I don't know if I'm going to finish it. The character 'voices' drive me insane. That and connecting the wire to the object holds no gameplay element I can see. It's just a random pick a number.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by grim_tales »

I agree, the use of gibberish-speak for the "voices" was stupid.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
L~A
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence

Post by L~A »

It's funny that we didn't get any single news for this game for ages... I mean, the game was even supposed to be released this Spring, at least in Japan. Has the game been cancelled or what ? Since people at Cing say they're having a 'very close relationship' with Nintendo (cf: HD and TM), I wouldn't surprise that this game, which was supposed to have Tecmo as the editor, was simply cancelled... :yogi:
In a way, I'm 'relieved', because I was not really fond of how the game look (the 'live-action style characters). Maybe they just decided to change it, hence a delay ?...
ImageImageImage
Post Reply