Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Trip! Talk about stuff Boosted off of Cing's Hotel Dusk, AND Pirate Grandmas.
Akiak
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 pm
Custom Title: Perpetual Prosecutor
Location: Wherever, whenever, whatever.

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Akiak »

No one made this topic yet so here it is, what we've all been waiting for.
Image

More info here at the English site.

Will be released September 17th in Europe.

Can't wait! :edgy:
Last edited by Akiak on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by ashogo »

I am so so so so so hyped.


T-thank you so much cing. :larry:
blinq
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2792
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:59 pm
Custom Title: lol boobs.

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by blinq »

FUCK YES.
EDIT: Okay..There already is a thread but I just saw that.
XD
Last edited by blinq on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor
RoundedEdge
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:00 am
Custom Title: Ace Fangirl
Location: Under your porch, because I love you
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by RoundedEdge »

Finally! I CANNOT wait.
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Wooster »

Stickied!
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
L_J
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1283
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:16 am
Custom Title: Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude
Location: North California

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by L_J »

yes.
Rov
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3035
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm
Custom Title: AKA Dr. Bokchoy
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Rov »

...Damn. A few hours sooner and I could've made this topic.
Southern00Belle
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:10 pm
Custom Title: Yay

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Southern00Belle »

Wow! This is so amazing!! I can not WAIT!
ammchan
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 567
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:16 pm

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by ammchan »

Last Window: Midnight Promise?!

God I love that name, I hope they keep it for the localization! I hope there IS a localization! Aghikhslk I am so excited.

Kyle looks mighty classy in that picture <33
Image
♥ Phoenix/Maya Day: Sept. 5th. ♥
♥ Phoenix/Iris Day: September 12th. ♥
neoswordmaster
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 am
Custom Title: A beautiful world indeed.

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by neoswordmaster »

Based on the art, I want to speculate that you will be in a much more open environment. That is to say, you will be outdoors in a city rather than confined to a hotel.

But that's just what the art makes me think.
User avatar
shadowofedgeworth
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 am
Custom Title: Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by shadowofedgeworth »

I've just got one thing to say about this:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :redd: :acro: :gant-clap2: :gant-clap: :gant-jazz: :butzthumbs:

My prayers have been answered! The sequel will come!

*Dies and finds himself in heaven.*
Image
Totally not my sig...
Jesswee
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
Location: La la land~
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Jesswee »

neoswordmaster wrote:Based on the art, I want to speculate that you will be in a much more open environment. That is to say, you will be outdoors in a city rather than confined to a hotel.

But that's just what the art makes me think.


I didn't mind the hotel setting, but as beautiful as Hotel Dusk was, it would be wonderful to see what the outside would would look like.
Image
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by ashogo »

ammchan wrote:Last Window: Midnight Promise?!

God I love that name, I hope they keep it for the localization! I hope there IS a localization! Aghikhslk I am so excited.

Kyle looks mighty classy in that picture <33


hm...it's a bit of a random name. It's ok, but not as cool as wish room.

and yes, I'm looking forward to leaving the hotel and roaming the streets of LA with Hyde.
TheBaronAndEma
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1403
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 am
Custom Title: 世界中
Location: 秘密
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by TheBaronAndEma »

*falls in floor and seizures over news*

But seriously, this sounds awesome. With a great name and some intersting looking art, this is set to be an exciting topic.
And January is so soon! Perfect to keep us busy until AAI. :keiko:


neoswordmaster wrote:Based on the art, I want to speculate that you will be in a much more open environment. That is to say, you will be outdoors in a city rather than confined to a hotel.

But that's just what the art makes me think.


Yeah, that does seem like a fairly possbile idea. Personally, I have a feeling that maybe this is set in an apartment buliding or something. I mean it sounds silly but there's something about the name "Last Window" that gets me thinking about it...

Oh, and Here's a Kotaku article.
Akiak
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 pm
Custom Title: Perpetual Prosecutor
Location: Wherever, whenever, whatever.

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Akiak »

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:...Damn. A few hours sooner and I could've made this topic.


This is the good side of living in Italy. :godot:

TheBaronAndEma wrote:
neoswordmaster wrote:Based on the art, I want to speculate that you will be in a much more open environment. That is to say, you will be outdoors in a city rather than confined to a hotel.

But that's just what the art makes me think.


Yeah, that does seem like a fairly possbile idea. Personally, I have a feeling that maybe this is set in an apartment buliding or something. I mean it sounds silly but there's something about the name "Last Window" that gets me thinking about it...


The articles say that it'll take place in Los Angeles, so I think it's outdoors personally.
Colonel Olrik
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:03 am
Custom Title: They took some honey, from a tree...

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Colonel Olrik »

Ah, Kyle Hyde. It's been too long.

Glad to see that such a fab game is getting a sequel it deserves!
Image
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Pierre »

YEEES!

It's not too bad having this topic after all technically it's on a whole other board.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
RoundedEdge
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:00 am
Custom Title: Ace Fangirl
Location: Under your porch, because I love you
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by RoundedEdge »

Oh, good. I like how it'll have improved on Hotel Dusk's gameplay without making you feel like it's a spin-off.
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by ashogo »

Pezdude wrote:- the main setting is the Cape West Apartments


This worries me, because it sounds like the game is going to be confined to an apartment building. I was really hoping to walk around a little more open world this time...

Pezdude wrote:- main character is once again Kyle, and he's still a bit of a jerk


I approve of this though.
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Wooster »

Pezdude wrote:New Facts Stolen borrowed from GoNintendo :)

- similar visual/audio style to the first game


- takes place a year after the first title, in 19800 Los Angeles


This is closer to HQ and Nile isn't it? Mmm... The possibilities are already deep

- the main setting is the Cape West Apartments


Hyde is super qualified to comment on the quality of toilet paper and towels.

More seriously, 'Main setting' sort of implies that there'll be 'some' time outside the building. Honestly I'm not worried, Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk were just fine with one setting.

- the story stands alone, but will also present some connections that fans of the original can enjoy


Like CAPTAIN FOX and his EXTENDED FAMILY?

- main character is once again Kyle, and he's still a bit of a jerk


And I wouldn't have him any other way.

- new 'ignore' feature for when you're trying to sift through conversations, and don't think a particular portion is worth butting into to find out details and progress the story


If Hyde himself had any influence on development, I'm sure this was the one thing he'd insist be installed.

- their is a novel inside the game called 'Last Window'


Ah, a mirror to 'Angel Opening a Door'?

- every time you clear a game chapter, you open a new chapter in the Last Window book


But he still can't get the TV to work outside of two evening hours...

- the novel will help flesh out the story, and the over-arching world that Kyle is in


CiNG, work your magic.

- novel contents are actually influenced by how you play the game, leading to multiple variations


... wow that was fast magic. And why does this make me feel like "Martin Summers" is written all over it?
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
L~A
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by L~A »

My God... AAI+ Again + HD2 + what else may also come in the first half of 2010, that's what I call some pretty damn sh*t.
I almost feel like an old man whose heart is about to fail him, with so many announcements at once xD (Yeah, just Hotel Dusk 2's announcement is worth several announcements, it's just too awesome!).

I'm still surprised to see how quickly we'll get this game... I mean, Another Code: R was only released last February in Japan O_O
Or else, Cing has significantly grown larger over the years, that would explain how they could release 3 different games in less than one year...
I do hope the quality won't suffer from such short intervals between their games... Ok now, I feel guilty for doubting Cing's genius in making games. Come on L~A! :will:

If Cing goes on like this, I'll soon come to worship them as much as I do VALVe... and that means a lot for me.
I mean, they managed to make me buy a Wii about 2 years before what I had scheduled, and so just for Another Code: R :p

***

Hyde is super qualified to comment on the quality of toilet paper and towels.

You forgot the cleanliness of bathtubs, and his love of wooden chairs.

And I agree with Wooster on the 'main setting' thing. There wouldn't be 'main' if the game only took place in Cape West Apartments.
Personally, I'm really looking forward to taking a little stroll in 80's LA :p (Even though I wouldn't mind the same kind of 'close environment', just like in the first HD).

I'm really looking forward to know what happened to Kyle after the first game... ^^
ImageImageImage
TheBaronAndEma
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1403
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 am
Custom Title: 世界中
Location: 秘密
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by TheBaronAndEma »

- the main setting is the Cape West Apartments


Me wrote:Personally, I have a feeling that maybe this is set in an apartment buliding or something. I mean it sounds silly but there's something about the name "Last Window" (EDIT: And the art, come to think of it)that gets me thinking about it...


....Hate to say I told ya so. :D

Anyways:

Pezdude wrote:- similar visual/audio style to the first game

Nice, the previous visual/audio style was great. :phoenix:

Pezdude wrote: - the story stands alone, but will also present some connections that fans of the original can enjoy

Just like good ol' CING.

Pezdude wrote: - main character is once again Kyle, and he's still a bit of a jerk

Well, if I can like him once......

Pezdude wrote: - new 'ignore' feature for when you're trying to sift through conversations, and don't think a particular portion is worth butting into to find out details and progress the story

I must admit, I don't really get this. :edgy:

Pezdude wrote: - their is a novel inside the game called 'Last Window'

Okay.......

Pezdude wrote: - every time you clear a game chapter, you open a new chapter in the Last Window book

......This is interesting.

Pezdude wrote: - the novel will help flesh out the story, and the over-arching world that Kyle is in

Now this is even more interesting. :odoroki:

Pezdude wrote: - novel contents are actually influenced by how you play the game, leading to multiple variations

Even more more interesting. :will:

Pezdude wrote: - rumble cart support

Didn't HD have this feature?

So overall, can't wait! Hopefully there is a NA/UK/Australia release as well. *And let's hope Another Code: R comes soon, if it comes at all!* :keiko:

Oh, and L~A, Trauma Team is coming out in 2010 as well. ;D
Akiak
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 pm
Custom Title: Perpetual Prosecutor
Location: Wherever, whenever, whatever.

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Akiak »

I really love the idea of there actually being a novel in-game. And to think that it's connected to the real story is awesome.


I personally liked the in-door setting of the game, so an apartment is good for me.
Midnight Jasper
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: The Land of Layton

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Midnight Jasper »

A little late to the bandwagon, but still. HEEEELL YEAH!


You forgot the cleanliness of bathtubs, and his love of wooden chairs.

As if any of those matched his mastery of knocking on doors.
Image
User avatar
lover of AA
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:35 pm
Custom Title: cough-up-queen
Location: in shubiya ^-^

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by lover of AA »

"jumping in the bed" AMAZING CAN'T WAAAAAAIT :keiko:
and so are for reeking of that awful smell !!!
L~A
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by L~A »

Midnight Jasper wrote:
You forgot the cleanliness of bathtubs, and his love of wooden chairs.

As if any of those matched his mastery of knocking hurting his knuckles on doors.


I've got to agree with this one :jake:
ImageImageImage
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by ashogo »

L~A wrote:I'm still surprised to see how quickly we'll get this game... I mean, Another Code: R was only released last February in Japan O_O
Or else, Cing has significantly grown larger over the years, that would explain how they could release 3 different games in less than one year...
I do hope the quality won't suffer from such short intervals between their games...


That's what I was worried about too, but then again...Again was co-developed with Tecmo, so that might have allowed them more time to work on this game. Honestly that game looks alright, but this feels like the true Cing adventure game I was waiting for.

TheBaronAndEma wrote:
Pezdude wrote: - new 'ignore' feature for when you're trying to sift through conversations, and don't think a particular portion is worth butting into to find out details and progress the story

I must admit, I don't really get this. :edgy:


From what I gather, it just means that you don't have to press people as much this time around. In the first game you pretty much had to press in every conversation whenever the hand icon popped up, in order to get anywhere, but this time you have to be more careful. Pressing at the wrong time can even net you a game over.
L~A
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by L~A »

I thought Again was just published by Tecmo, and that Cing were the only one who developped it. But then, it would make sense for the game to be published by Tecmo (and not Nintendo, as it's usually the case for recent Cing's games).
ImageImageImage
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by ashogo »

Actually, I think you're right. I must have mis-heard that somewhere. :hyde:

Well, whatever. I would gladly buy a new cing adventure game every month.
FoolMeNever
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:18 am
Custom Title: The defense is So Zetta Slow!

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by FoolMeNever »

Yayzilla! :D

HotelduskHotelduskHotelduskHotelduskHotelduskHotelduskHoteldusk-!

*dies due to lack of oxygen*
Image
~ Credit to the sig goes to...wait, I made the sig!
Image
Arei
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1313
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:37 am
Custom Title: Scientifically Magical Detective O_o
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Arei »

^I'm right there choking with you.

Saw the news in the LJ comm and I shit bricks.

This just totally made my life.

I've got to get my Kyle cosplay done NOW <3
Ultimate Prosecutor
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:19 pm
Custom Title: Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!
Location: Back in the U.S.S.R.
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Ultimate Prosecutor »

YESSSSSSS!

Because Hotel Dusk > Ace Attorney.
Image
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Marche Tobaye »

Ultimate Prosecutor wrote:Hotel Dusk > Ace Attorney.

Agreed.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Chikikyo
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 976
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 am
Location: Washington, USA

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Chikikyo »

I can't wait!!
Image
Javadoze
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 374
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:53 am
Location: Under your nose
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Javadoze »

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/38682_last_Window_122_563lo.jpg

TWO NEW SCREENNNnnnNNnnNSSSs!

I am glad they didn't reuse sprites from the last game and it is looking great! :edgy:
Image
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.
Pandonetho
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Pandonetho »

I can die happy now with this announcement. That screenshot looks great, I'm liking the art. Hyde sure cleaned himself up a bit since the last time we saw him.
Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Wooster »

Pandonetho wrote:I can die happy now with this announcement. That screenshot looks great, I'm liking the art. Hyde sure cleaned himself up a bit since the last time we saw him.


Yeah, he looks less like a Sleuth/Salesman and more like.... um... someone forced to dress up like Agent Double Oh Seven, but isn't doing so because he wants to. Or something to that effect.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Wooster »

With help from UltraPeach at Red Crown, we've got a partial translation of the leaflet.
The big text says:
"In an old apartment building, before it is demolished,
Two pasts are related -"

Oh, I got impatient because I wanted to know what it said. So the main text under that bit is
'A year after the events of Hotel Dusk's "Wish Room: Angel's Memory".
The new setting is the year 1980 at Los Angeles Cape West Apartments.
After one month at an apartment building that was soon to be demolished, for an ex-detective who lives there, a sudden search request comes unexpectedly from a mystery person saying "look for the red star."'


You know what I find semi ironic. Angels were a reoccurring theme in Hotel Dusk, and this game is taking place in Los Angeles, or in 'English' 'The Angels'
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Akiak
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:30 pm
Custom Title: Perpetual Prosecutor
Location: Wherever, whenever, whatever.

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Akiak »

Does this mean it'll have a one month timeline?
I mean the previous HD had, like, a day.
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Sequel Announced!

Post by Wooster »

Maybe it means that Hyde moved in a month ago, and it's already due for demolition?
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Post Reply