The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Click from topic to topic using your Ghost Tricks. Good lord that is a huge chicken!
Post Reply
zachariah Von-Karma
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:17 pm
Custom Title: prosecuting never looked so good ;)
Location: spain (UK origin)

The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by zachariah Von-Karma »

!WELCOME!

This is a thread for every ones favourite dancing law enforcer: Inspector Cabanella

this guy is soooo awesome its unreal, he's like a combination of PW's Godot and Damon Gant mixed in a blender with a dash of Michael Jackson.

His constant suave attitude mixed with the infectiously slick dancing is truly hilarious, as well as the weirdly wonderful dialogue and even his damn catchy theme with its jazzy disco tune all equal a truly bizarre yet easily recognizable character that you cant help but enjoy.

but what do you think about him, and why do you like him?
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
P.B. Crudstache
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 pm
Custom Title: Too bad. Waluigi Time.
Location: 667 Dark Avenue

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by P.B. Crudstache »

Of course, the dance! :will: the way he talks is funny, too.
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Pierre »

Love him because of his style....and because he can have one of the funniest deaths in the whole thing.

Though I'd always felt he was more Elvis than M.J. with the hair and the white coat and dance moves.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Church Of Sumire
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6446
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Church Of Sumire »

I wish i had a bedset of Cabanela :pearl-blush:
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Going for Miles »

He got on my nerves quite a lot of the time, but nevertheless a fun guy. Love his dancing, and when he was serious, he was absolutely awesome.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by WaitingforGodot »

First I thought he seemed shady! That smoooooth dance moves were a bit too smooth... I never disliked him, I just found him shady, but he grew on me... I love him.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Lucy
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:36 pm
Custom Title: Let it go and move it move it
Location: Layton Land

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Lucy »

He has my second favourite theme in the whole game, behind Lynne's theme.
Image
Within Temptation
venser
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:35 am
Custom Title: Can I hear an "Objection!"?
Location: Britannia

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by venser »

Yea, his theme music is pretty epic... makes you want to do the Cabanela walk. :redd: I also really liked Lynne's theme as well as Jowd's.
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?
Image
(My father spent three years restoring this car...)
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Going for Miles »

Oh, Jowd's theme is the best :D:D
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Lucy
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:36 pm
Custom Title: Let it go and move it move it
Location: Layton Land

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Lucy »

I can't remember Jowd's theme. I need to look it up now!

EDIT: I couldn't find it. :/ Do you think someone could give me a link please? :pearl:
Image
Within Temptation
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Going for Miles »

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by WaitingforGodot »

My love for Cabanela is juuust on the edge of platonic/non-platonic, and frankly; it scares me. :grey:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Lucy
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 824
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:36 pm
Custom Title: Let it go and move it move it
Location: Layton Land

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Lucy »

GoingforMiles wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxzU3wRZxcM

There you go!
Thank you!
Image
Within Temptation
Yash K. Productions
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm
Custom Title: Atuyhan Ihdamdhas
Location: Tehm'pul Temple

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Yash K. Productions »

Spoiler:
When I heard Cabanela on the phone at the end of Chapter 14, what he just said was wroooooong.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Ah, but really... He's my favourite. Thinking about the game almost a year after playing it, he's the one that makes me the happiest when I think about the characters. I just adore Cabanela. :kristoph:

And him being shot in the head with the helmet, being and looking deader than dead can be, apparenly never stops being hilarious in my opinion. Makes me wish I made that mistake myself, catching myself off guard by the borrowed DS, instead of just hearing about it and seeing a video. Sigh. The gift that keeps on giving. My humor is (not always) top-notch.

Edit: Eh, what the hell was that about platonic-non-platonic last August? Seems like I crushed on Cabanela. I don't remember writing that, I don't remember feeling that. Whatever. Whatever.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Southern Corn »

Frankly,I love the guy. One of my favourite characters and even though I got a few wounds trying to dance like him,he's still a cool person.

Though
Spoiler: Super spoilers
now that I think about it,how was he not punished for letting Yomiel escape? And how come he didn't really receive a penalty for threatening the Justice Minister? Sure,it wasn't of his own volition,but it's still illegal.
Image
Image
Apollo4Justice
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:05 pm
Custom Title: I'm fine and ready for justice!
Location: Florida

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by Apollo4Justice »

Considerinf how much power the Minister of Justice has in this universe over legal punishments, I wouldn't call it a stretch that he pardoned Cabanela, since the Minister knows exactly what otherworldly things can happen.
If you need a defense attorney, come talk to me! I just...can't take any cases that are in real life...it has to be on Miiverse. But I'm a justice-seeking warrior who wins every time, like Mr. Fine over there! Well, as long as you're not guilty. In Justice We Trust!
TurtleCat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:43 pm
Custom Title: Endlessly boring people about Franziska

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by TurtleCat »

Cabanela had a great character - it was so easy to suspect him of being THE MASTERMIND which made the twists so perfect.

I've written some "Black-coat" Cabanela and I have to say, what I love about that, is how UTTERLY THREATENING his speech pattern becomes when he's evil. It's a delight to write.
MBr
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 866
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm
Custom Title: Enoshima Junko-chan!
Location: Canada

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*

Post by MBr »

Nothing like him, baby!

I gotta play this game again. His theme is my favourite music of GT’s soundtrack.
11037
Post Reply