Favourite Thing about AAI?
-
JesusMonroe
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Something that often gets overlooked by the AAI series is Franziska von Karma. In the JFA, I thought she was an annoying rip-off of von Karma that wasn't nearly as threatening. In this game, I love her and Miles' brother-sister relationship and she's a great assistant. She's professional, hilarious, and smart. It's these games that make her one of my favorite characters
-
linkenski
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1637
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
- Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
- Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Egh, I thought seeing her as her 13-year old self was a good surprise and great fan-service, but I got really sick of her constant accussations, but I understand that was more to change up the pace of the gameplay than anything, so that's OKAY!
Anyhow, I think as simple as it was, I really love the Logic mechanic. It's really straight-forward but that little "click" it makes in your head when you see two ideas that form a conclusion... it's just really good game design IMO because it lets the player deduce before the characters themselves spell it out for you.
Anyhow, I think as simple as it was, I really love the Logic mechanic. It's really straight-forward but that little "click" it makes in your head when you see two ideas that form a conclusion... it's just really good game design IMO because it lets the player deduce before the characters themselves spell it out for you.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
-
JesusMonroe
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Speaking of constant accusations, I kind of thought it was strange how the entire game switched defendants around until settling on one person you're defending the crime against
Anyway, I thought Franziska was a lot more tolerable in this game. The only time I could stand her in the original trilogy was towards the end of JFA and the investigation segment of 3-5. I actually got really disappointed when I heard she was hardly in GK2 (and even more disappointed when I realized her role was smaller than I had originally thought)
With logic, I think the most disappointing thing is the music! It's really good, but by design, you'll never hear more than ten seconds of it, even though it gets good midway through the theme
Spoiler: Whole Game
With logic, I think the most disappointing thing is the music! It's really good, but by design, you'll never hear more than ten seconds of it, even though it gets good midway through the theme
-
linkenski
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1637
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
- Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
- Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
That is true, and it's yet another reason I don't understand why the devs haven't just gone to Noriyuki and told him to cut down on the playtime of his compositions, because that's a problem in general since AAI.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
-
JesusMonroe
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
I don't know. It's a mixed bag for me. IMO, a lot of the tracks for AJ were far too short. If I'm listening to it on my computer (notably the thrill theme or tell the truth), they always end earlier than I want them to so I get left with a few seconds of silence. I overall prefer the soundtracks of the later games, but I like it best when they stay around the 2 minute mark
-
linkenski
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1637
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
- Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
- Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
I guess I like it balanced as well, in terms of length, just as long as the tracks keep the same feel and flow from start to finish.
I do think as a whole though, AAI has some of the best gameplay-music (excluding Tell The Truth) but the event music like reminiscence themes weren't as memorable as in some of the earlier games.
I do think as a whole though, AAI has some of the best gameplay-music (excluding Tell The Truth) but the event music like reminiscence themes weren't as memorable as in some of the earlier games.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
-
Yellow Magician
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1914
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm
- Custom Title: Zoinks
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Replaying AAI right now and honestly, my favourite part is
Makes quite a nice change.
Spoiler: WHOLE GAME SPOILERS
-
linkenski
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1637
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
- Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
- Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
I remember the first time I played it, I also liked that change of pace in terms of the storytelling too, but I felt like the whole smuggling-ring and ambassade-crap in the final case was off-putting and the game just ended on a very "meh" note.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
-
Yellow Magician
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1914
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm
- Custom Title: Zoinks
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Oh for sure, the very final testimony session was a disaster.
Spoiler: Ending spoilers
-
JesusMonroe
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Even though he/she's my least favorite final villain, I actually really like the confrontation with him/her. The final case dragged a lot less when I replayed it
Spoiler:
-
linkenski
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1637
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
- Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
- Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
My problem was mostly that Edgworth didn't have any personal stakes in AAI-5's scenario. He's just overly obsessed with the "truth" and acts like some sort of hero. It's just... it would've been more convincing if he actually had something to do with the story other than being "the detective who likes to poke into others' secrets". For a final case I don't think that sort of thong works. AAI2 fixed this, however.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
-
JesusMonroe
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Yeah, I definitely agree. The first game was more Kay's story and her conflict with the accomplice felt more personal than the one with the ringleader
I also think the final conflict would be better if the killer actually tried to explain him/herself when faced with heavy evidence. Instead, he/she just said, "Nope! Doesn't matter!" The final boss in GK2 was very good in that regard
I also think the final conflict would be better if the killer actually tried to explain him/herself when faced with heavy evidence. Instead, he/she just said, "Nope! Doesn't matter!" The final boss in GK2 was very good in that regard
-
Yellow Magician
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1914
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm
- Custom Title: Zoinks
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
JesusMonroe wrote:Even though he/she's my least favorite final villain, I actually really like the confrontation with him/her. The final case dragged a lot less when I replayed itSpoiler:
Spoiler:
-
JesusMonroe
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Yellow Magician wrote:Spoiler:
Spoiler:
-
Going for Miles
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
- Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
- Location: Sweden
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Even more so in AAI2, I think. It was basicallylinkenski wrote:My problem was mostly that Edgworth didn't have any personal stakes in AAI-5's scenario. He's just overly obsessed with the "truth" and acts like some sort of hero.
"You don't have the authority to investigate here!"
"So? I'll do it anyway - for the sake of truth!"
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
-
linkenski
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1637
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
- Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
- Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
That's probably true but not in Case 3, and in Case 4 it's for Kay (haven't played it though). But I guess it is in case 5 just as in AAI. Probably full of "Nghoooooooooooh" too :-/GoingforMiles wrote:Even more so in AAI2, I think. It was basicallylinkenski wrote:My problem was mostly that Edgworth didn't have any personal stakes in AAI-5's scenario. He's just overly obsessed with the "truth" and acts like some sort of hero.
"You don't have the authority to investigate here!"
"So? I'll do it anyway - for the sake of truth!"
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
-
JesusMonroe
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1546
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Spoiler: GK2 Defendants
-
sorenwind
- Suspect

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:41 pm
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
I really think they should add Deduce to the Phoenix Wright games as well. It's such a simple mechanic but it adds more thought process to investigations.
Other than that I really like logic, especially when Edgeworth explodes with little ideas and then the game forces you to make the connection. That was fantastic. I get goosebumps whenever I play through case 2 when Edgeworth figures out the murder weapon.
Other than that I really like logic, especially when Edgeworth explodes with little ideas and then the game forces you to make the connection. That was fantastic. I get goosebumps whenever I play through case 2 when Edgeworth figures out the murder weapon.
-
Miles Morales
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 118
- Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:43 pm
- Location: Kumandra
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
1.Getting to play as Edgeworth
2. the music
3. seeing characters I like from past installments namely Maggey Ema Skye and Gumshoe
2. the music
3. seeing characters I like from past installments namely Maggey Ema Skye and Gumshoe
All Lives Matter
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do
Just Do It
Keep It Classic
Equality
Dream Big
All for one One for all
#Autism Speaks
#Mamba Mentality#8#24#2
Celebrate Each New Day
#WNBAAllDay
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Kingdom Heats 3
Xenoblade Chronicles
Destiny 2
I'm interested in mechanics,so I would be happy to learn about snake traps.
Good isn't a thing you are Its a thing you do
-
randomly_ren09
- Suspect

- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:47 am
- Custom Title: currently stuck in P3 pitfall
- Location: the abode of peace
- Contact:
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
My favourite part is the gameplay, the moment Young!Kay blew her nose on Edgeworth's cravat, and the many scenes with Edgeworth and Franziska investigating together
. Investigations is the many reasons that made me fell for the two prosecutors too.
Oh, and the soundtrack is DANG AWESOME!!
Oh, and the soundtrack is DANG AWESOME!!
uhh... still waiting for a new sig to be made...
-
Dogtimus Prime
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 55
- Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:04 pm
- Custom Title: Redd White X Redd White is my OTP
- Location: UK
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
The Music, all of the music in this game is really good, my favourites are Presto and Crisis of Fate as the former is just amazing and the latter is the greatest suspense theme in the series by several Miles (Heh, Geddit?).
-
WaitingforGodot
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7320
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
- Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
- Location: Sweden
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Awkay, from both games: Yumihiko. Music. GK2-big bad. Quite a lot of enjoyable characters. Kay coming out of nowhere, kicking Miles.
One should never investigate while being plastered.Going for Miles wrote:Even more so in AAI2, I think. It was basically
"You don't have the authority to investigate here!"
"So? I'll do it anyway - for the sake of truth!"
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Edgeworth, Gumshoe, and Kay are glorious. As well as all other characters. I won't go further because I'm biased to Edgey. But the investigations are nice. (duh)
Also AAI2 is just Debeste thing ever.
Also AAI2 is just Debeste thing ever.
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
^ Even though AAI2 was the best, I wouldn't decline that AAI was also nice as well. However, I'll do say that AAI2's music was the awesome one in the Investigations Series, despite AAI1's music. Plus, this was the first time (maybe) that they have invoked hard rock in their music.

-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Isn't Guilty Love hard rock? Or is that normal rock? I suck with music... 
-
Going for Miles
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
- Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
- Location: Sweden
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Badd. Also fooling around with walking minisprite-Edgeworth. The music is quite rad in both games, and GK2's final boss is the boss.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
-
Klonoahedgehog
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2022
- Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am
- Custom Title: Gardevoir lover
- Location: Puerto rico
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
This, all of this, this guy is badass.Going for Miles wrote:Badd.

-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
I think you meant "Baddass"?Klonoahedgehog wrote:This, all of this, this guy is badass.Going for Miles wrote:Badd.

-
Going for Miles
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7747
- Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
- Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
- Location: Sweden
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
The Baddest Baddass around.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
-
Thelema
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 888
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Main things I liked about AAI (I haven't played GK2 yet):
1) It explores Edgeworth's and Franziska's past.
I honestly don't care much about Kay's story, but Turnabout Reminiscence was pretty good at portraying Edgey's and Franziska's younger years. Their interactions were funny, cute and exploring the dynamics of the von Karma family added some depth to the characters.
2) Things happening and cases being solved at different, exciting places.
You don't spend half of the game in a courtroom, and some episodes happened in places where you could never be in a regular AA game (like the first episode, for example, when you are in a flying plane).
3) No judge
Yes, no freaking irrelevant character adding irrelevant, pointless stuff to conversations.
4) The new mechanics
Edgeworth's Logic is probably my favorite problem-solving mechanism in the series, mainly because it isn't based on supernatural stuff (like the Magatama) and it is centered around ideas and concepts (and how these ideas mix up together), rather than just focusing on objects.
This pretty much makes AAI my favorite Ace Attorney game after JFA. I really need to play GK2, though. I only see people praising it.
1) It explores Edgeworth's and Franziska's past.
I honestly don't care much about Kay's story, but Turnabout Reminiscence was pretty good at portraying Edgey's and Franziska's younger years. Their interactions were funny, cute and exploring the dynamics of the von Karma family added some depth to the characters.
2) Things happening and cases being solved at different, exciting places.
You don't spend half of the game in a courtroom, and some episodes happened in places where you could never be in a regular AA game (like the first episode, for example, when you are in a flying plane).
3) No judge
Yes, no freaking irrelevant character adding irrelevant, pointless stuff to conversations.
4) The new mechanics
Edgeworth's Logic is probably my favorite problem-solving mechanism in the series, mainly because it isn't based on supernatural stuff (like the Magatama) and it is centered around ideas and concepts (and how these ideas mix up together), rather than just focusing on objects.
This pretty much makes AAI my favorite Ace Attorney game after JFA. I really need to play GK2, though. I only see people praising it.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Are you calling the judge irrelevant? 
-
Thelema
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 888
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:58 am
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
He is only relevant in the moment he decides "guilty" or "not guilty".Oliver wrote:Are you calling the judge irrelevant?
-
Nurio
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1032
- Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm
- Custom Title: A Kirby and AA fan
- Location: The Netherlands
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Okay, I wasn't going to point it out at first, but now that you said this, I have to.dangerousoffender wrote:He is only relevant in the moment he decides "guilty" or "not guilty".
The judge actually gives a witness account in AAI and does more than just hand out a verdict. (In fact, he doesn't give a verdict in that game, if I recall correctly)

-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Gumshoe is found guilty of dirtying the courtroom.Nurio wrote:In fact, he doesn't give a verdict in that game, if I recall correctlydangerousoffender wrote:He is only relevant in the moment he decides "guilty" or "not guilty".
-
WaitingforGodot
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7320
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
- Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
- Location: Sweden
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Poor Gumshoe. 
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
I agree...but it's better than feeling the wrath of Franziska's whip.
-
PrincessPenelo
- Suspect

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:01 pm
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
The thing I love the most about the AAI series is the relationship between Edgeworth, Kay and Gumshoe.
I like so much to see them interacting. And I love the growing of their characters.
It's also funny and interesting to see things from a different point of view, for exaple to see how much Gumshoe is close and loyal to Miles, or to see the character development of Edgeworth, changing himself little by litte.
And of course I like all the references to the previous chapter but if I should say just one thing I love of this series, I should say "the unstoppable trio".
I like so much to see them interacting. And I love the growing of their characters.
It's also funny and interesting to see things from a different point of view, for exaple to see how much Gumshoe is close and loyal to Miles, or to see the character development of Edgeworth, changing himself little by litte.
And of course I like all the references to the previous chapter but if I should say just one thing I love of this series, I should say "the unstoppable trio".
-
MoonRaven
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 126
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:38 pm
- Custom Title: Red string of fate tied me to manilla
- Location: ELO
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Favourite thing? Raymond Shields and flashback case with Gregory Edgeworth
-
Jean Descole
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2859
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm
- Custom Title: The cape is self-fluttering
- Location: The Bostonius
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
Since AAI didn't turn me on so much, my favorite things about AAI2 were the new characters, as well as how the story tied together well. (Gregory = honorable mention)
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

...NAILED IT
-
Planetbox
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 387
- Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:43 pm
- Custom Title: ASCEND
- Location: The Other Side of Paradise
Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?
I think one of my favorite things about Investigations may be the ability to walk around in a top-down perspective! Especially because this lets me do my FAVORITE thing, wasting three minutes by running into a wall.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Avatar from over here probably
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.
Avatar from over here probably