Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Trip! Talk about stuff Boosted off of Cing's Hotel Dusk, AND Pirate Grandmas.
Ace Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:23 pm
Custom Title: I will protect you....Fräulein
Location: CA
Contact:

Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Ace Prosecutor »

Who is best? Its a tough one.... :sadshoe:
Image
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291
xylophone220
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4782
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:17 am
Custom Title: 見たのか・・・!
Location: London, England

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by xylophone220 »

...
YOU CAN'T DO THIS Dx
It's impossible to chooooose ;_;
Both. Both. Both.
Image
Millini
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2353
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:02 am
Custom Title: Story writer and music lover.
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Millini »

Damn. Tough call.

...

Can't I go and say both?
--Millini (Official CR Rock Prince and Gavinism convert.)
Image
xylophone220
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4782
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:17 am
Custom Title: 見たのか・・・!
Location: London, England

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by xylophone220 »

That's all you CAN say ._.
Image
Ace Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:23 pm
Custom Title: I will protect you....Fräulein
Location: CA
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Ace Prosecutor »

Nope! No both! (I want this topic to stay alive and debate, argue etc.!!!!)
Image
Thanks DarzieP for this sweet sig and avatar!!!!!
Gamertag:Gameplayer291
Trucy Wright
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:38 am
Custom Title: I just wonder what Ganon's up to... :)
Location: Texas :B
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Trucy Wright »

Aaaaah... :[
Phoenix!
He isn't such a jerk...
Err, sorry. Kyle just bugged me at the beginning of Hotel Dusk..
He's not so bad anymore though, I just think Phoenix is better. ,:)
Minuki Wright
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:18 am
Custom Title: <3

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Minuki Wright »

Nick all the way! Kyle is awesome and all, but too serious.
Image
Banner by me, avvi by Vickinator!
Click my signature to read my fanfic!
Graph
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:22 am
Custom Title: OHEMJEEE.
Location: IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Graph »

Feenie all the way.

Kyle's awesome, but sort of a jerk in the beginning.
Pairings: Miego, FeenRis, EdgeyFran, KlavEma, CloTi, Zerith, Vincrecia.
Just a note, all: I haven't been on in a while, so I'm trying to get my little persona here back in order. I won't be on as much in the future, maybe a few times a week. Sorry!
QuiteTheOddfellow

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by QuiteTheOddfellow »

Kyle for sure, I find Phoenix to be a very bland, uninteresting character, easily one of the least charismatic characters in the GS series.
Arei
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1313
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:37 am
Custom Title: Scientifically Magical Detective O_o
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Arei »

Kyle by far XD I like his character and personality more then Nick's.


Besides hot cops > hot lawyers ;)
Mikenno
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:47 pm
Custom Title: ..Bradleh?
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Mikenno »

I'm going to have to go with Kyle on this one. While Nick has had some trauma in his past, you don't see it much at all in his character. It sort of makes it seem like he doesn't evolve over time, only that his reputation as a lawyer increases. One could argue his character is a very "live in the moment" type, I suppose.

Kyle, however, is constantly haunted. He's serious, yes, but has his moments. He has a reason to be a jerk, because people are whining over shit when he isn't. He's facing it head on and trying to fight his past while people are just pitching a fit. So he goes Kyle Hyde at them, thus seeming like a jerk. But does telling them to shut their mouth and deal with it really make him a jerk? It's more a fact of life, isn't it?

You can see how shooting Bradley had destroyed him, whereas with Phoenix, he just... acts like Phoenix. Kyle keeps reflecting and thinking about it. Even when he has a moment to smile, it usually always comes back that he shouldn't be. He has work to do, after all.

I suppose you can say most of that is overanalysis, but Kyle's a deeper and more well thought out character than Phoenix is. I guess I like the character's with complex personalities.
Donald Serrot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4916
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Custom Title: I may or may not be here.
Location: Drinking a mug of hot chocolate

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Donald Serrot »

Ace Prosecutor wrote:Nope! No both! (I want this topic to stay alive and debate, argue etc.!!!!)

No both, no both...
NIETHER IS BETTER! *shot*

If I have to choose I gotta go with Phoenix.
ImageImage
QuiteTheOddfellow

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by QuiteTheOddfellow »

Mikenno wrote:I'm going to have to go with Kyle on this one. While Nick has had some trauma in his past, you don't see it much at all in his character. It sort of makes it seem like he doesn't evolve over time, only that his reputation as a lawyer increases. One could argue his character is a very "live in the moment" type, I suppose.

Kyle, however, is constantly haunted. He's serious, yes, but has his moments. He has a reason to be a jerk, because people are whining over shit when he isn't. He's facing it head on and trying to fight his past while people are just pitching a fit. So he goes Kyle Hyde at them, thus seeming like a jerk. But does telling them to shut their mouth and deal with it really make him a jerk? It's more a fact of life, isn't it?

You can see how shooting Bradley had destroyed him, whereas with Phoenix, he just... acts like Phoenix. Kyle keeps reflecting and thinking about it. Even when he has a moment to smile, it usually always comes back that he shouldn't be. He has work to do, after all.

I suppose you can say most of that is overanalysis, but Kyle's a deeper and more well thought out character than Phoenix is. I guess I like the character's with complex personalities.


Ohhhhh, this does indeed sum up my thoughts rather nicely. Good job, Mikenno! :)
Alien Angel
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:04 pm
Custom Title: I BELONG!

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Alien Angel »

Pheonix even though I love Hydes darkness that makes him seem so much more human I still hang on Pheonix for unexplainable reasons. Maybe because he's goofy and I love goofiness.
Image
I CATCH YOUR POKEMON!
Mia_Fey
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2182
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am
Custom Title: True love is forever.

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Mia_Fey »

Phoenix definitely. Kyle had his moments, but he annoyed me a great deal at times.
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

I choose Kyle of Phoenix for justified reasons. He's much more collected than Phoenix, has more personality so that when something happens to him we can feel his failure or loss or victory or something, and he's very sly, witty, and cool under pressure. Compare this to Phoenix who rarely develops his character, never acts like an asshole outside of his own mind, and seems like his only trump card is some kind of miracle or chance of fate.

Kyle is more realistic than Phoenix and I can feel more for him as opposed to Phoenix.
Image
Lauren Order
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:01 am
Custom Title: I'm Lauren Order, and I'm fine!
Location: USA

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Lauren Order »

I say Kyle Hyde. Phoenix is cool and all, but he doesn't really get by on his own very much. Kyle can for the most part (besides Louie and sometimes Rachel and Ed) figure things out by himself. Phoenix always needs Mia to come and save him in court or Maya, Gumshoe, Pearl, etc. to help him out. That, along with the fact that Kyle can drive and Phoenix can't, pretty much sums up my explanation.
Don't be a Phony Phanty... save Bum Rap Rhiny today!
Nego
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2155
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:23 pm

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Nego »

Hyde. He is a lot cooler than Phoenix as Nick isn't really that harsh. I enjoyed playing as Hyde more than I enjoyed playing as Phoenix although I like Ace Attorney games more than Hotel Dusk.
Lord Wackruntlje
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm
Custom Title: Speed up, n00b

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Lord Wackruntlje »

Kyle FTW. He can rotate and touch things by himself, Phoenix on the other hand must have a 16-year old to tell him how to do stuff like that.
Image
ParrotMan01
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Nevada

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by ParrotMan01 »

I prefer Kyle over Phoenix for one thing only-he has the stones to shoot someone.

I know this is strange, but I'll try to explain.

Kyle can defend himself, or at least will attempt to defend himself(he has used some unusual items).
Phoenix, won't do a thing if someone just punched him out of nowhere.

Other than that, both equally for beiing in their own worlds.
Don't mind me, just passing through.
User avatar
VioletBlu
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:28 pm
Custom Title: Violet Blu; KristophxViola Supporter
Location: Don't find me.

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by VioletBlu »

Kyle. Definitely Kyle. He's cool, and you can just feel his pain. I mean Phoenix has times like that as well... but Kyle... you can just sense it! It's like you ARE him... And Kyle is just a cool character... he thinks and plans it out. Phoenix, like some people have said, just takes a chance and hopes for a miracle... or Mia... :P KYLE!<3
Don't forget the past...
Sig by Donald_S; Avi by Slezak
Married to Slezak<3<3<3<3<3
Proud mother to IrisWright<3
Ryu
Donor
Donor
Posts: 4838
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: I AM BACK, LURKING~
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Ryu »

So how does this gonna work?
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu ♥ CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington
Tinker
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 3685
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am
Custom Title: Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr
Location: Evil Dutchieland

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Tinker »

Phoenix. Hyde sometimes really, really started to annoy me with his overall grumpiness.

"If you stop being angry you could actually solve this thing, you dork!"
Image
PhoenixTears
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:48 pm
Custom Title: Yuki Fan~!
Location: Monica and Chandler's house
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by PhoenixTears »

PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
VioletBlu
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:28 pm
Custom Title: Violet Blu; KristophxViola Supporter
Location: Don't find me.

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by VioletBlu »

PhoenixAshes wrote:PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!PHOENIX!

Mind enlightening us why you prefer Phoenix over Kyle? Other than the fact you like his name... <3
:hyde:
Don't forget the past...
Sig by Donald_S; Avi by Slezak
Married to Slezak<3<3<3<3<3
Proud mother to IrisWright<3
Balrog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3631
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Custom Title: Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Balrog »

Phoenix, He can shout "Objection" & "Hold it", not just "Hold it"
Image
Image
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.
User avatar
VioletBlu
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:28 pm
Custom Title: Violet Blu; KristophxViola Supporter
Location: Don't find me.

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by VioletBlu »

Balrog wrote:Phoenix, He can shout "Objection" & "Hold it", not just "Hold it"


Ah yes.
But Phoenix waits for miracles.
Kyle makes the miracles happen.
<3
Don't forget the past...
Sig by Donald_S; Avi by Slezak
Married to Slezak<3<3<3<3<3
Proud mother to IrisWright<3
Balrog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3631
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Custom Title: Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Balrog »

VioletBlu wrote:
Balrog wrote:Phoenix, He can shout "Objection" & "Hold it", not just "Hold it"


Ah yes.
But Phoenix waits for miracles.
Kyle makes the miracles happen.
<3



The miracle never happened ;_;
Image
Image
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.
User avatar
VioletBlu
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:28 pm
Custom Title: Violet Blu; KristophxViola Supporter
Location: Don't find me.

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by VioletBlu »

In both games, the miracle happens... Phoenix of course, always comes through the way he wants it, or well close... Ish.

Kyle however, searches for the miracle... And eventually, he finds a clue, and many friends along with it...
Spoiler: Note
He finds the note from Bradley. He knows he's alive, and that's part of the Miracle Kyle has been searching for...
Don't forget the past...
Sig by Donald_S; Avi by Slezak
Married to Slezak<3<3<3<3<3
Proud mother to IrisWright<3
Ryu
Donor
Donor
Posts: 4838
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: I AM BACK, LURKING~
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Ryu »

Balrog just addressed the matter in a clearer sentence than me. Thank you Balrog~♥

My previous reply, quoted as follows:
Naruhodou wrote:So how does this gonna work?
Balrog wrote:
VioletBlu wrote:
Balrog wrote:Phoenix, He can shout "Objection" & "Hold it", not just "Hold it"

Ah yes.
But Phoenix waits for miracles.
Kyle makes the miracles happen.

<3

The miracle never happened ;_;
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu ♥ CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington
User avatar
VioletBlu
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:28 pm
Custom Title: Violet Blu; KristophxViola Supporter
Location: Don't find me.

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by VioletBlu »

"So how does this gonna work?"
U-Um... I don't really understand... Do you mean, "So how is this going to work?" u-ugh...?
@Naruhodou
Last edited by VioletBlu on Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't forget the past...
Sig by Donald_S; Avi by Slezak
Married to Slezak<3<3<3<3<3
Proud mother to IrisWright<3
Ryu
Donor
Donor
Posts: 4838
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: I AM BACK, LURKING~
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Ryu »

As I've said earlier... I am NOT good at English. Balrog had already delivered the message in his post. :larry:
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu ♥ CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington
Mikenno
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:47 pm
Custom Title: ..Bradleh?
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Mikenno »

Tinker wrote:Phoenix. Hyde sometimes really, really started to annoy me with his overall grumpiness.

"If you stop being angry you could actually solve this thing, you dork!"


I think after quiting a job he's worked for for years to find his best friend and partner that he SHOT and might have KILLED and travelling around doing a crappy job for three years just to find him one false lead after another, I'd be pretty damn grumpy, too. XD

But Kyle is pretty mushy inside. It's obvious. He's short on patience, but has a big heart. Christmas treeeees for little giiirrllsss?
Arei
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1313
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:37 am
Custom Title: Scientifically Magical Detective O_o
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Arei »

That was too freakin cute <3 Acting like a such a hardass but being so damn sweet is what makes Kyle so much more loveable then Nick. Not that Nick ISN'T sweet, but he's an all-around nice guy, which isn't as cute as making the tough guy break down and give in to teh cuteness <3
Pearls
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:37 pm
Custom Title: Yay for Shoe!
Location: Ohio

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Pearls »

Phoenix Wright FTW! He's more personable than Kyle. Kyle comes across as mean and not caring about any one except himself and his personal agenda.
Image
Many thanks to Elriel for the wonderful signature and Don S. for the adorable avatar!
Mikenno
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:47 pm
Custom Title: ..Bradleh?
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Mikenno »

Pearls wrote:Phoenix Wright FTW! He's more personable than Kyle. Kyle comes across as mean and not caring about any one except himself and his personal agenda.


Not to sound like a broken record, but we have to remember what Kyle did. Nick never shot his best friend and possibly have killed him, you know? Kind of makes a guy cynical after three years of chasing with no real success.

He comes across that way, though, yes. But when Violet Sky starts playing and he gets into his Kyle Hyde rap of not being a pussy... well... He cares. It's obvious.
T3h_Waffleman
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 736
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:04 pm
Custom Title: The hope that shines through despair.
Location: Here
Contact:

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by T3h_Waffleman »

Mikenno wrote:Christmas treeeees for little giiirrllsss?


WTF dude. Now I keep saying that and lawlling. Whatever. I pick Kyle because he has epic facial hair, whereas Nick can only manage stubble.
Tinker
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 3685
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 am
Custom Title: Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr
Location: Evil Dutchieland

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Tinker »

Mikenno wrote:
Tinker wrote:Phoenix. Hyde sometimes really, really started to annoy me with his overall grumpiness.

"If you stop being angry you could actually solve this thing, you dork!"


I think after quiting a job he's worked for for years to find his best friend and partner that he SHOT and might have KILLED and travelling around doing a crappy job for three years just to find him one false lead after another, I'd be pretty damn grumpy, too. XD


Obviously, but that doesn't make him less grumpy.
I think I like Phoenix's subtle sarcasm better than Hyde's overall cynicism.
Image
protoshio
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:40 am

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by protoshio »

kyle he's awesome. i loved his sarcastic and smartassy ways. Phoenix is kinda cliche'd for the main character role
Brandon Strong
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 745
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
Location: Wherever you least expect me to be

Re: Kyle Hyde or Phoenix Wright?

Post by Brandon Strong »

Kyle, cause he's a beast. Although hobo nick is pretty cool.
Post Reply